Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Truth About the International Baccalaureate Programme

Any one heard of this group TIAB( truth About the International Baccalaureate) it seems they are against the IB (International Baccalaureate Programme) and the policys they are trying to push...I ran across this group when I was checking out someone running for Governor in Nevada this group endorsed him?

All you need to know about the International Baccalaureate Programme but were afraid to ask..this TIAB it seems is fighting them.

It seems as though this group (IB) is another arm of the New World Order...it is there plan for our schools they want a one world school policy....It is confusing and I was hoping some one here new anything more about them or had heard of either group before this I hadn't...

http://truthaboutib.com/home/aboutus.html

Kathyet

The high school from which I graduated now offers the IB Program. I do not know whether it replaces the traditional "college preparatory program" or is offered as a separate option. Note that students are allowed to substitute the "History of the Americas" to meet their U.S. History requirement. Denton is a long-time education center in North Texas, with two state universities located there.

Welcome to the
    International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
    at DHS!

DENTON HIGH
    Approval for IB Diploma Programme
    DENTON, TX. - February 2008

Denton High School received the official approval to offer a program that provides a rigorous college-prep academic curriculum to juniors and seniors.

International Baccalaureate of North America notified the school that they have been “welcomedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As far as I am concerned it is "Indoctrination" of our children....

Kathyet

Charter schools and IB programs within existing public schools are very different. However, the following article illustrates that not everyone is willing to follow the rush to adopt these major shifts in public education. Here that is presented as a function of "reactionary teachers' unions". However, charter schools are "public" schools in that they are still funded by local taxpayers, but seem to have very little accountability beyond that. In Texas at first it seemed that almost anyone who wanted could receive a "charter" to open a school at public expense; at least two in this area were closed after evidence of gross financial fraud was unearthed; and students who attend charter school here are chosen by lottery. It is unnerving that Educ. Sec. Duncan appears to be threatening states financially into allowing charter schools!

Several States Stay off Charter-School Bandwagon
    Tuesday, 11 May 2010 08:32 PM

In her small timber town in northern Idaho, Christina Williams enrolled her son in the closest public school because she had few other choices near her home.

But as she watched him struggle for years — many mornings prying him out of bed and forcing him to go to school — Williams sought an alternative to the traditional classroom. The single mother now drives about 140 miles roundtrip each day to her 12-year-old son's charter school in Sandpoint.

"It's killing my poor little car, but it is so worth the drive to me," Williams said in a telephone interview. "He was not getting the education he needed."

Williams would like a closer alternative, but Idaho allows just six new charter schools a year.

Several other states also put strict limits on the number of new charter schools. Another 11 states don't allow charters at all, even though the federal government has created a $4.35 billion competition to encourage charters and other educational innovations.

Most states adopted only modest measures to improve charter schools as a result of the "Race to the Top" competition and no new substantive charter school laws were passed, said Jeanne Allen, president and founder of the Center for Education Reform, a school choice advocate based in Washington, D.C.

"I can't tell you how much I wish Race to the Top would have created a firestorm," Allen said. "The reality is, it didn't."

Charter schools get taxpayer money but have more freedom than traditional public schools do to map out how they'll meet federal education benchmarks. They are arguably more popular than ever, with a record 5,000 operating in 39 states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 1.5 million children. About 300,000 children are on waiting lists.

Charter schools draw fire from teachers' unions and other education groups, who say taxpayer money should be spent to fix traditional public education system rather than creating schools that have less oversight from state and local officials.

Alabama's politically powerful teachers' union helped kill a bill — introduced by Gov. Bob Riley in response to Race to the Top earlier this year — that would have allowed charter schools.

"The dollars we do have need to go into the classrooms of schools we're operating," said Paul Hubbert, executive director of the Alabama Education Association.

States qualify for Race to the Top money based on a scoring system that gives states with charter schools a significant advantage. Of the 500 points a state can receive, 40 are related to charter schools.

At the start of the competition, Education Secretary Arne Duncan went so far as to warn states that ban or restrict charter schools were jeopardizing their chances to win a slice of the money. But he backed off that threat, and many states, like Idaho, took that as a signal that they didn't need to change their charter school laws.

A bill to allow more charter schools for certain groups of students — such as minorities or those with disabilities — to open each year was scuttled as the Idaho Legislature focused mostly on regular public schools, which face the worst budget year for public education in the state's history.

The first Race to the Top grants were awarded in March to Tennessee, which received $500 million, and Delaware, which received $100 million. Both were lauded for their charter school laws among other attempts to improve education.

Tennessee expanded charter-school eligibility only in 2009. Louisiana, Illinois, Michigan and Massachusetts also eased or eliminated limits on charter schools in the past year.

North Carolina and New York are among states that, like Idaho, are holding tight to their caps on the specialized schools.

One state — Mississippi — let its charter school law expire last year. Mississippi lawmakers passed new legislation in late March that would allow low-performing schools to be restructured to become either charter schools or "new start" schools, both of which are designed to revamp management and increase parental involvement.

Applications for the second round of Race to the Top awards are due in June. Kentucky's legislature is considering allowing charter schools, and Hawaii officials are considering easing charter restrictions as they vie for the federal funds.

"When you put money on the line and it's the most difficult budget faced in years, people start listening for a variety of reasons," said Todd Ziebarth with the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools.

——

Associated Press Writer Dorie Turner reported from Atlanta.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/US-Charter-Sc ... /id/358739

Source: The Associated Press
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

cathyet,

Your assessment is absolutely right on. My name is Lisa, I am the administrator of Truth About IB. If you have any specific questions you would like answered or situations investigated, just let me know.

IB is a scam, plain and simple. It is a tool of the Progressives to undermine our public schools and make a grab for our U.S. taxdollars and the minds of our children. In 2009, the U.S. Recovery Act allocated over $5 Billion for Title I schools which implement "innovative programs". Guess what the "free" money is being spent on by administrators with heads full of mush?

IBO can sell its snakeoil to private schools like the Islamic Saudi Academy in VA. It does not belong in American public schools, causing our hard earned taxdollars to be shipped off to Geneva, Switzerland for fat Eurocrats to wine and dine on.

http://www.peytonwolcott.com/Interna...reate_Inc.html

One more thing. We are not an official organization of any kind. We are merely a collection of Moms and Dads across the U.S. who have taken issue with IB in American public schools and who are exercising our First Amendment right to share information with others. Our site bears no advertising, we are not sponsored by any corporations, media or political groups. I endorsed Gino for Gov of NV (with a weensie personal private donation) because I believe Gino "gets it" and because he signed our online petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/r...bliceducation/

I hope to collect thousands of signatures and after the November elections, focus on which representatives in Congress might be in the best position to introduce legislation and present the petition to them. Our movement is word of mouth, grassroots and based on fundamental principles and a belief in what is right for the future of our country.

Thank you for responding this is very scary to me....I have passed the information along to my family and friends and I plan to pass it onto some other web sites...

Kathyet

You're very welcome, Kathyet. Thank you for spreading the word.

I just got off the phone with a Dad from MI who just pulled his two young children from an IB PYP charter school. He was more than a little annoyed that his 1st grader was given a lesson on the destruction of the rain forest and then made to write letters to companies which are involved in the deforestation to express his "outrage". Oh yeah, and the posting of the UNDHR in the classroom gave him the heebee jebees. He saw me on Glenn Beck's show, but had no idea I was the same lady running TAIB ... LOL!

A sleeping giant has awoken. No putting the genie back in the bottle now!