Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillary Announces Obama Will Sue Arizona

http://www.therightscoop.com/hillary-cl ... rizona-law

Hillary Clinton was interviewed by NTN24 out of Quito, Ecuador on June 8, and was asked about how the Obama administration was handling the Arizona law. She answered frankly, that the justice department, under Obama’s direction, will bring a lawsuit against the Arizona law.

I thought they were still looking at the law. I didn’t realize they had already decided to challenge it in court. Kinda makes me wonder if that was the plan all along, especially since this was just a few days after he met with Gov. Brewer:
    QUESTION: Thank you very much.

I would like to start with the immigration debate in the United States. The recently approved law in Arizona has presented sort of a difficult scenario for the President Obama Administration. According to some polling, half of the United States has approved this law and maybe other states would like to implement it. How’s Obama Administration dealing with this debate? Is the immigration law near reality?

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, Andrea, first, let me say how pleased I am that I have this chance to talk to you about these and other important issues. President Obama has spoken out against the law because he thinks that the federal government should be determining immigration policy. And the Justice Department, under his direction, will be bringing a lawsuit against the act.

But the more important commitment that President Obama has made is to try to introduce and pass comprehensive immigration reform. That is what we need. Everyone knows it, and the President is committed to doing it.

But the more important commitment that President Obama has made is to try to introduce and pass comprehensive immigration reform. That is what we need. Everyone knows it, and the President is committed to doing it.
    Either Hillary doesn't get out much or she's lying through her teeth.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course they will. They're lawyers aren't they? And apparently they have never found anything worthwhile to do.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i'll wait until the government actually files a lawsuit .. right now their just spinning their wheels .....

of course hilary is going to tell the south american governments and people that their going to fight the law ... but i'll wait to see what actually action they take ....

She should have said that this wasn't her area and she doesn't speak for the US Justice Department or the Department of Homeland Security and directed the interviewer to Eric Holder or Janet Napolitano. Would she like it if Janet or Eric told the world "oh yes, we're definitely going to nuke Iran and destroy their nuclear capability"? I don't think so.

Not a good interview Hillary, for you, or our country.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No one in this administration is qualified to lead this nation.

They are however, qualified to run an amusement park.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

This is from hotair.com. There's a video at the link of the interview as well.

Hillary: Obama will sue Arizona over immigration-enforcement law
    Share12
    posted at 11:36 am on June 17, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
    printer-friendly

The Right Scoop picks up this unusually concrete statement from the Obama administration on their response to Arizona’s new immigration-enforcement law. Up to now, the White House, including Barack Obama himself, has remained noncommittal about taking legal action against Arizona while continuing to criticize the bill publicly. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton removes the ambiguity and declares that the Justice Department will sue over the bill in an interview with an Ecuador media outlet:

QUESTION: Thank you very much.

I would like to start with the immigration debate in the United States. The recently approved law in Arizona has presented sort of a difficult scenario for the President Obama Administration. According to some polling, half of the United States has approved this law and maybe other states would like to implement it. How’s Obama Administration dealing with this debate? Is the immigration law near reality?

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, Andrea, first, let me say how pleased I am that I have this chance to talk to you about these and other important issues. President Obama has spoken out against the law because he thinks that the federal government should be determining immigration policy. And the Justice Department, under his direction, will be bringing a lawsuit against the act.

This may not surprise most people, given the Obama administration’s rhetorical attacks on the bill. However, those have slacked off recently as the Gulf oil spill finally began to get more of their attention than a law-enforcement measure in Arizona. The Deepwater Horizon disaster may not be the only reason for the White House distance from the controversy, either. The same Washington Post/ABC poll with the distorted sample noted last week shows solid support for the Arizona law, the Post reports today:

Most Americans support the new, controversial Arizona law that gives police there the power to check the residency status of suspected illegal immigrants. But most also still back a program giving those here illegally the right to earn legal documentation, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The article doesn’t mention the topline result for this question, which is 58/41 in support for the law. Given that level of support in a sample skewed by an eight-point advantage for Democrats, a lawsuit against Arizona would likely be tremendously unpopular. In fact, those numbers resemble the ratings for repealing ObamaCare, another deeply unpopular program that Democrats will carry as baggage into the midterms.

Will the White House confirm Hillary’s remarks? I have a request into the White House on that score, and I’ll post whatever response I get.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/17/h ... ement-law/

What do you expect for an interview from Latin America....and they would have to sue their own Country because that is the law of the land that they don't want to enforce...

Kathyet

[quote="Judy"]She should have said that this wasn't he area and she doesn't speak for the US Justice Department or the Department of Homeland Security and directed the interviewer to Eric Holder or Janet Napolitano.

Remember when she got her bloomers in a wad when someone said something about her husband??? So why is she speaking for others? Inflated sense of importance, seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by keekee
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    She should have said that this wasn't he area and she doesn't speak for the US Justice Department or the Department of Homeland Security and directed the interviewer to Eric Holder or Janet Napolitano.
    Remember when she got her bloomers in a wad when someone said something about her husband??? So why is she speaking for others? Inflated sense of importance, seems like.
    Yes! I do remember, keekee, and I'm really surprised Hillary would have made a statement like to about a domestic affair to another country.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast