Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Toyota Courts Latinos With Free Hispanic Pride Stickers

Toyota Courts Latinos With Free Hispanic Pride Stickers

Published September 07, 2010

| Associated Press

TORRANCE, Calif. – Toyota Motor Corp., hoping to solidify its standing as the top brand for Hispanic buyers in the U.S., is offering drivers
    a series of stickers that celebrates their Hispanic heritage.

The decals contain the phrase "somos muchos," or "we are many," followed by cultures, regions and popular descriptors from all over Latin America, such as "somos muchos Mexicanos" and "somos muchos Hondurenos." The decals, designed to be stuck on bumpers or windows, come in more than 100 different versions and are available in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

Toyota is offering the stickers free on the Spanish-language version of its Facebook page. It's also distributing them at upcoming festivals in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Miami, New York and Chicago.

Toyota is the top brand among Hispanic buyers in the U.S., according to vehicle registration data gathered by R.L. Polk and Associates. The automaker says it has held that title since 2004.

In a recent speech to the National Council of La Raza, Toyota President Yoshi Inaba said one of every four Hispanic car buyers in the U.S. bought a Toyota last year.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/09/ ... -stickers/

Are you kidding me!!

Thank you for sharing this information........I will be sure to not ever buy a Toyota.

Is Toyota stuck on stupid?? Don't they realize that every time a business plays the ethnic card they get burned? I am of German heritage...are you going to give me German pride stickers? Jerks!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Who do we contact to get our British pride, African pride, etc stickers?

If they don't have any I am suing for discrimination.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Who do we contact to get our British pride, African pride, etc stickers?

If they don't have any I am suing for discrimination.
    I don't understand why we can't sue!! If they were handing out white pride stickers, would there be a lawsuit? Why do skin tones matter so much to these people?

It doesn't bother me, my last Toyota crapped out at 136k miles, then I bought a Dodge Caliber. Great car! I will never buy a foreign car again.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Somebody just started a "Toyota Sucks" page on Facebook over this issue:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toyota-Su ... 857?ref=ts
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The decals contain the phrase "somos muchos," or "we are many," followed by cultures, regions and popular descriptors from all over Latin America, such as "somos muchos Mexicanos"
    Yeah....we know...we don't need to see a stupid bumper sticker to remind us we are being invaded!

Is that all it takes to court this demographic is a stupid bumper sticker that racist undertones!!