Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican drivers and traffic warrants in El Paso

Our local newspaper just published a several page list of people who have traffic warrants in El Paso County.

I've been going through and highlighting and counting how many of these warrants apply to people from Mexico. It's going to take me all day, if not longer. I've only gone through 5 of the 16 pages so far but to give you a hint....
    Thus far, 439 of the warrants are for people using Mexican addresses. I'm sure no one will be stunned by the fact that some of the people have multiple warrants and that it's obvious that a lot of them are using various varieties of that name with the same address. And of course, I would not be able to tell how many of these people with warrants that have local addresses are illegal immigrants but I'm sure we can assume that it's a lot.

I am surprised they published a list.......outstanding warrants means, that money will never be collected for your area to help pay for services
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

WHEW! This is torture on my poor eyes. I'm just now done with page 8 and I'm up to just under 700 Mexican address. This list is only printed every now and then when the city gets desperate and offers....yeah you got it...AMNESTY for warrants if they pay up within a certain time frame.

I can now also say that 99% of the names are Hispanic. There are a few from other states, primarily....ready big surprise...Mexifornia/California which so far has this most from another state followed by Arizona, Nevada and Colorado. There are a handful from other states like Idaho, Ohio, New Mexico and New Jersey.

Roughly there are some 7600 people on the warrant list. Out of that, 1400 were Mexican citizens with Mexican addresses.
    I don't know how long some of them have had warrants but they all are traffic warrants. I'm sure the number would be a whole lot higher for warrants that are other than traffic tickets.