Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Unlicensed Drivers and Fatal Crashes

There are no precise statistics on illegal immigrants who drive. But the government compiles information on the license status and ethnicity of drivers killed in accidents. According to that data, Hispanic drivers killed in crashes are disproportionately unlicensed, particularly in Southern states where illegal immigration surged in the last decade. About 80 percent of illegal immigrants are Hispanic.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010 ... cense.html Some Unlicensed Drivers Risk More Than a Fine LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — It was just another suburban fender-bender. A car zoomed into an intersection and braked too late to stop at a red light. The Georgia woman driving it, an American citizen, left with a wrecked auto, a sore neck and a traffic fine.

After some crimes by illegal immigrants caused an outcry, Sheriff Butch Conway of Gwinnett County, Ga., made it a goal to reduce their numbers and enrolled the jail in an Immigration and Customs Enforcement program.
    But for Felipa Leonor Valencia, the Mexican woman who was driving the Jeep that was hit that day in March, the damage went far beyond a battered bumper. The crash led Ms. Valencia, an illegal immigrant who did not have a valid driver’s license, to 12 days in detention and the start of deportation proceedings — after 17 years of living in Georgia.

Like Ms. Valencia, an estimated 4.5 million illegal immigrants nationwide are driving regularly, most without licenses, according to an analysis by The New York Times. Only three states — New Mexico, Utah and Washington — currently issue licenses without proof of legal residence in the United States.

Many states have adopted tough new laws to prevent illegal immigrants from driving, while expanding immigration enforcement by the state and local police. As a result, at least 30,000 illegal immigrants who were stopped for common traffic violations in the last three years have ended up in deportation, Department of Homeland Security figures show. The numbers are rapidly increasing, aggravating tensions in the national debate over immigration.

The tensions seem likely to persist. The Senate may take up a bill next week that would give legal status to some illegal immigrant students. Its fate is uncertain, and prospects appear dim for a controversial overhaul, supported by President Obama, that would give legal status to 11 million illegal immigrants. In the absence of federal action, states are stepping in, trying their own solutions.

In Georgia, voters have been worried about unlicensed illegal immigrants whose driving skills are untested and who often lack insurance, including some who caused well-publicized accidents. Lawmakers have tightened requirements to keep illegal immigrants from obtaining licenses and license plates, and have increased penalties for driving without them.

“There are certain things you can’t do in the state of Georgia if you are an illegal immigrant,â€

Illegals Take to Highways Without Licenses

Friday, 10 Dec 2010 09:52 AM

About 4.5 million illegal aliens are taking to the nation’s roads and highways daily, most without driving licenses, an analysis by The New York Times reveals. The Times reports that in the last three years about 30,000 illegals have faced deportation after traffic stops.

The Times, which notes that only New Mexico, Utah, and Washington issue licenses without proof of legal residence, found that in Georgia alone, 200,000 illegal immigrants drive to work daily. The Times also found that Hispanics killed in car crashes are “disproportionately unlicensed.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal immigrants say they continue to risk driving without a license in order to keep their jobs.

I think this pisses me off more than anything!
    Every time you or I get in our cars to go somewhere we're literally putting our lives in danger with these NO DRIVIN' ASS ILLEGALS ON THE ROAD!
    I sent this link to Senator Jeff Sessions this morning!
    I hope he reads it before Monday.
    http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp
    And I've been sending it to all the Senators.
    Yes and No's. The county jail website here I go to every night and do a illegal head count, you know which ones are illegal because they're always in for no oper.lic., drunk driving,or forged docs.
    Get em' the F outta here! And maybe if they can't drive to work, maybe just maybe that licensed American driver can have his/her job BACK!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Illegal immigrants say they continue to risk driving without a license in order to keep their jobs.

I think this pisses me off more than anything!
    Every time you or I get in our cars to go somewhere we're literally putting our lives in danger with these NO DRIVIN' ASS ILLEGALS ON THE ROAD!
    I sent this link to Senator Jeff Sessions this morning!
    I hope he reads it before Monday.
    http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp
    And I've been sending it to all the Senators.
    Yes and No's. The county jail website here I go to every night and do a illegal head count, you know which ones are illegal because they're always in for no oper.lic., drunk driving,or forged docs.
    Get em' the F outta here! And maybe if they can't drive to work, maybe just maybe that licensed American driver can have his/her job BACK!
    Yep,the DemoRATS more than anyone In Congress have blood on their hands.... Wonder what would happen If an Illegal (god forbid ) wounded or killed a sitting congressman,or someone In their family

"BETTER THEIR' THEN MINE!" LOTS OF BLOOD ON THEY'RE HANDS TS, JESUS SAVE US FROM OUR SELVES!" "Save of us from the Marxist!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

For years car insurance rates in NYC were the highest in the nation. It was almost always reported that it was because of so many car thefts. Then in the late 90's for whatever reasons car theft dropped way down but insurance rates didn't.

Low and behold it was when ex love gov Spitzer tried to pass a law allowing IAs driver licenses the truth came out. Our rates were definitely much higher because of so many IAs causing and having accidents.

They even had the nerve to use "It will lower insurance rates" as a reason to promote passage of that insane idea!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Three states do it, you're right it's insane. "MUST LEARN ENGLISH AND PASS DRIVING TEST!"

Banned
    You should not even be able to BUY A CAR unless you are a legal citizen. You also should not be able to OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT unless you are a LEGAL citizen. We have laws that forbid both,but the Illegals get their customary free pass ...

OK for foreigners to have bank accounts

There is no law prohibiting non-U.S. citizens from having accounts with U.S. banks. Many do so to make doing business with companies in the U.S. easier or because banks in the U.S. are more secure than those in their home countries. Prohibiting foreigners from having accounts with U.S. banks without badly affect the U.S. economy.

I hate this most of all! Illegal's drive like crap, could part of the problem be they don't read English!"FREE,RIDE!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast