Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do any university presidents oppose the DREAM Act?

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/edito ... rsity.html

As Renée Loth pointed out in her column this Saturday, many university presidents have come out in support of the DREAM Act, a bill that would give conditional legal status to undocumented immigrants who were brought here as children and who attend college or serve in the military.

In an age when university presidents tend to stay out of debates on controversial issues, Renée noted, this sort of vocal, broad-based support is rare. "Crushing administrative loads, fund-raising duties, and sometimes fear of alienating powerful constituencies has muffled the voices of academic leaders who once spoke out on issues ranging from civil rights to the Vietnam War to Supreme Court nominations." But this time around, there was this letter signed by nine university presidents across the country, and similar words of support from the presidents of Duke, Stony Brook, 17 community colleges in New Jersey, Rutgers, Purdue, University of Pennsylvania — the list goes on and on. Here in Massachusetts, the presidents of Harvard, Tufts, Boston University, Northeastern, MIT, UMass, Boston College, and the chancellor of UMass Boston all sent a letter to Senators Kerry and Brown urging them to support the bill.

While the DREAM Act has riled up so much support from people within the halls of academia, Renée's column got me wondering: Are there any college presidents — maybe from more conservative universities — who have come out against the legislation?

After spending a good amount of time Googling around, I couldn't find even one. (I did find this article listing a bunch of conservatives who support the measure, though.) So I called up the group NumbersUSA, which has been lobbying against the act. They couldn't think of any either. I put in a call for Jerry Falwell Jr., the chancellor of Liberty University, but he didn't return my call...
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

School systems, traitor employers, and treason Congress are the beginning and are adding the finishing touches for destroying the country.

Good-bye middle class forever!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I only volunteer at my kids' elementary school one day a week and in passing I have heard conversations about how wonderful the healthcare bill is and various other things. These people are so brain washed and clueless - I doubt you would find anyone or one that would be willing to speak out against this in a school system.

My apologies to those teachers who are aware and on this board. I did generalize my above statement based on my personal experiences.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

This is academe's version of the Wall St. Bailout-and it's on your dime!

Who cares what these nitwits think, they're not educating America's children, and they don't deserve a bailout.

April
    Spread the word Action needed here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-221357-0-da ... rasc-.html

Academic corruption:

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-w ... 2411.story

Are any ALIPACers from N.C. aware of this brewing scandal?