Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama's First Two Years a Disaster for America

Hope and change, reconsidered.

March 16, 2011

Obama's First Two Years a Disaster for America

By Chad Stafko
    63 Comments

Recall the euphoria that surrounded Barack Obama during the 2008 election season and after he was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States. Life was going to be blue skies and rainbows, or at least we were told, with hope and change on the way. The American people would be better off and so would our nation with Obama in control. After a little more than two years as the President, those blue skies have turned gray with not the slightest hint of a rainbow.

Some professed that with Barack Obama as President, the staples of life would become affordable if not altogether free. Surely you remember Peggy Joseph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI who said, at a Barack Obama campaign event in August 2008, that she would not have to worry about paying for her gas and mortgage. Consider what has happened to those staples of life during the Obama presidency.

As of March 14, the average price of regular unleaded gasoline was $3.57/gallon. When Obama took office in January 2009, the price was $1.81/gallon. That represents more than a 90% increase in just over two years.

To put that in perspective, assume you have a 40 mile round trip commute to work, your car gets 20 miles per gallon and that prices remain the same going forward. Relative to January 2009, you are paying about $18 more per week and about $72 more per month at the pump.

The pertinent question we might ask is, "What has President Obama done in the past two years to limit the rise of oil and gasoline prices, if anything?" The answer is...nothing. If anything, his policies have contributed towards rising prices. Recall the moratorium he enacted on oil drilling following the BP oil spill that further limited the supply of the commodity from our own waters. His failure to support drilling in ANWR and his overt allegiance to the anti-drilling environmental fringe has also directly contributed to less supply of oil and therefore higher oil prices.

Ms. Joseph also looked forward to Obama paying her mortgage. Well, many Americans don't have to worry about a mortgage anymore, as they've had their houses foreclosed. In 2009, http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/14/real_es ... sure_year/ a record 2,824,674 foreclosures took place, while 2,872,892 foreclosures occurred in 2010. http://www.realtytrac.com/content/press ... ember-6309 In other words, 5.7 million families have lost their homes, but at least they're not up all night wondering how they will pay their mortgage.

It just wasn't supposed to be this way, at least in the eyes of the 53% of voters who cast their ballot for Barack Obama. After all, President Obama's policies http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa ... act-check/ were going to reignite the economy and keep the unemployment rate below 8% at least that is what we were told, thereby making those aforementioned mortgages affordable. The opposite has occurred.

In December 2008, President Bush's final full month in office, the nation's unemployment rate stood at 7.3%. From that point until December 2010, a period in which Obama benefited from accommodative Democratic majorities in the House and Senate, the unemployment rate rose to 10.1% at one time and remained at or above 9.5% from July 2009 until November 2010.

This resulted despite unprecedented government spending labeled as "economic stimulus."

What happened? Instead of a surge in America's economic growth, we've seen a surge in America's deficit. Under the direction of President Obama, the United States has seen its deficit increase by more than $3 trillion or by nearly $10,000 for every man, woman, and child in America. http://politifact.com/virginia/statemen ... -6-trilli/

Then there was the promise of "When there's a bill that ends up on my desk, as President, you, the public, will have five days to look online to find out what's in it before I sign it...." Again, the reality has been the complete opposite. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5t8GdxFYBU

Rewind to March 2010, when then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in reference to the ObamaCare bill, said, "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." http://blog.heritage.org/2010/03/10/vid ... -is-in-it/ Really? I thought that 2,700 page bill would be posted on the Internet for all to view for five days. Instead, it was rushed through and pushed down our throats, despite most Americans not in favor of it. Again, Obama failed to deliver, as he has time after time.

We are now just after the halfway point of the Obama presidency. Based on the facts, we are no better off as a nation than we were when Obama took office. The average American citizen has failed to see an improvement in his or her lifestyle versus two years ago. This is a presidency, up to this point, that has been an absolute disaster for our nation and our people.

Chad Stafko is a writer and political consultant living in the Midwest. He can be reached at stafko@msn.com

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/03/ ... disas.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope Americans are waking up and realizing that politics is not like American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I hope Americans are waking up and realizing that politics is not like American Idol.
    Good one! Is it like Survivor? Can we vote him off the island now? Lord knows I'd rather do it now than have to wait 'til 2012!

im with you nomas
    don't wait untill 2012 do it now they impeach one President be for . & they can do it again . Obama has our country one hell Of a mess .& now the muslin want to removal the Statue of Liberty
    they should be remvoal . I don't get it why in hell every country
    that come Over to the USA want to change everything ?
    if you don't like it go the hell home ? we love our country just the way it is
    john wayne said why we love American. well look it up

no amnesty
    so wake the hell up do this for your Kids . if you don't fight for your kids no one will so fight
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nomas wrote,
    Can we vote him off the island now?
    Darn it nomas! You just pushed my wishful thinking button!

Some professed that with Barack Obama as President, the staples of life would become affordable if not altogether free. Surely you remember Peggy Joseph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI who said, at a Barack Obama campaign event in August 2008, that she would not have to worry about paying for her gas and mortgage. Consider what has happened to those staples of life during the Obama presidency.
    Oh man, what I would give right about now to see how miss Peggy feels about her "hero" now! I wonder if anyone has caught up her recently. I wonder if she even has a job anymore...

I've seen many Obama campaign shirts in thrift stores at $.50-1.00 lmao. I guess they're not "collector's" items after all. The audacity of the dope is shining through lol.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I've seen many Obama campaign shirts in thrift stores at $.50-1.00 lmao. I guess they're not "collector's" items after all. The audacity of the dope is shining through lol.

LOL! I recently saw one of his books (or a book about him) at the DOLLAR store last week!