Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.C. House Panel OKs Restricting Foreign ID Use

N.C. House panel OKs restricting foreign ID use

By: The Associated Press 03/23/11 12:46 PM

The Associated Press

Photo identification cards issued by the Mexican consulate would no longer be considered valid ID to prove North Carolina residency for state services in legislation going to the House floor.

A judiciary committee agreed Wednesday to remove those cards from a list of documents that can be used to establish residency to get a driver's license, obtain auto insurance or enroll in Medicaid. The change also would apply to similar cards issued by foreign governments.

Illegal immigration opponents say the cards are unreliable to provide identification, pointing to federal law enforcement warnings. Supporters of the cards say they lead to improved relations between governments and Hispanics.

The bill passed on a 7-4 vote. The committee defeated an amendment that would have restored the ID use to get auto insurance.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2011 ... z1HRcZ2vWX
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

hell yea.

VICTORY for our side !

ID Cards

I know there are people who do not agree with me, but a national ID card would solve a lot of these problems. Why not make the list of acceptable IDs a list of ONE ID ONLY-US National ID card.

I've lived in 6 countries and EVERYONE in EVERY country I've lived in EXCEPT the US is REQUIRED to carry their NATIONAL ID CARD everywhere they go. If you don't have it with you, you go with the police to the station until they sort out who you are.

Go N.C., get the jobs done!!!
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Awesome! Afterall, Mexico doesn't accept it as a valid form of identification....ought to be the end of discussion imo.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn