Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

O.C. CA. Family accused of cheating public assistance

Published: March 25, 2011
    Updated: 1:54 p.m.

Family accused of cheating public assistance

By VIK JOLLY
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

WESTMINSTER – Three members of a family will be arraigned Friday afternoon at the West Justice Center on charges of defrauding multiple county agencies of more than $140,000 in public assistance benefits by lying and failing to report assets on aid applications for eight years, according to a news release.

Lieu Thi Ha, 38, of Westminster, is charged with 37 felony counts of perjury by false application for aid, 11 felony counts of grand theft, and two felony counts of aid by misrepresentation. If convicted, Ha faces a maximum sentence of 48 years and eight months in state prison.

Ha's maternal aunt, Hue Thi Chu, 37, of Garden Grove, is charged with 16 felony counts of perjury by false application and 10 felony counts of grand theft. She faces a maximum sentence of 25 years and four months in state prison if convicted. And, Chu's ex-husband, Hai Dien Luu, 49, also of Garden Grove, is charged with 11 felony counts of grand theft and one felony count of perjury by false application. He faces a maximum sentence of 11 years and four months in state prison if convicted.

Between June 2002 and February 2010, the defendants are accused of fraudulently applying for and receiving public assistance benefits by signing under penalty of perjury false income, asset, occupation, and homeowner information, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office.

Recipients of housing assistance must submit a disclosure form annually for review to ensure they are still aid-eligible under program rules, the release said.

An employee of the Orange County Housing Authority reported the case to the district attorney after growing suspicious of inconsistencies on Ha's annual financial assistance disclosure form.

The relatives, all of whom were arrested Thursday, are each being held in lieu of $500,000 bail and must prove that the money is from a legal and legitimate source before posting bond, the release said.

Contact the writer: 714-834-3773 or vjolly@ocregister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/news/felony-2 ... years.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

you see & the family that are In need of help can not get it & it not right . they should have the family pay every cent back I need Help & i can not get it & this is why
    I don't feel sorry them at all as I said have the family Pay every cent back .
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I bet they all drove luxury vehicles as well. I can guarantee you that in this community, this behavior is not the exception.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    If they look harder i bet they can find more of them abusing the system.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    If they look harder i bet they can find more of them abusing the system.
    Without a doubt duckman, without a doubt. They'll go after every ethnic group except hispanics.
    "

The DA's office in every CA. county investigates welfare fraud all of the time.
    This one made the news because it was so large and went on for so long.

Welcome to the Orange County DA Office -
    Public Assistance Fraud
    3/25/2011
    Orange County, CA ...
    http://orangecountyda.com/home/index.asp?page=60
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is just the first page of info when you GOOGLE who investigates welfare fraud in California.

California Welfare Fraud Investigator's Association
    There are over 1000 Welfare Fraud and Medi-Cal Investigators in California who investigate fraud and abuse in the CalWORKs, Food Stamps, General Assistance, ...
    www.cwfia.org/ - Cached - Similar

County of Fresno - District Attorney - Welfare Fraudfresno.ca.us
    The Fresno County District Attorney's Office Welfare Fraud Unit consists of ... of this Unit is to investigate, prevent and prosecute cases of welfare fraud. ... Welfare fraud investigations are mandated by the State of California ...
    www.co.fresno.ca.us/DepartmentPage.aspx?id=21641 - Cached - Similar

LADA Welfare Fraud - Resourcesla.ca.usHawthorne, CA. 90250. Investigates allegations of potential welfare fraud in the following programs: CalWORKs (formerly known as AFDC), Food Stamps, ...
    da.co.la.ca.us/wf/resource.htm - Cached - Similar

WELFARE FRAUD INVESTIGATOR Isanta-cruz.ca.usWelfare Fraud Investigator I & II: Investigates cases of known or suspected ... of valid Class C California Driver's License issued by the California State ...
    sccounty01.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/personnel/specs/RH3spec.html - Cached - Similar

San Diego County Finds More Welfare Fraud | KPBS.orgMay 13, 2010... assistance fraud then other large California counties, but the county also investigates a disproportionately high number of welfare and ...
    www.kpbs.org › News › 2010 › May › 13th - Cached[PDF]

Kern County DISTRICT ATTORNEY WELFARE FRAUD INVESTIGATOR ...kern.ca.usFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

DISTRICT ATTORNEY WELFARE FRAUD INVESTIGATOR. Definition. Under direction, to investigate suspected fraudulent receipt of public assistance benefits; ...
    www.co.kern.ca.us/person/Webjobs/JS4420.pdf - Similar

Bureau of InvestigationDistrict Attorney Investigators are assigned to investigate allegations of Child Abduction .... To Report Welfare Fraud in California: Call (1-800 344 TIPS) ...
    www.colusada.net/investigation.htm - Cached - Similar

WFP&I BrochureThe DA units work with WFP&I to detect and prosecute welfare fraud. ... of all CalWORKs and Food Stamp applicants in California, as well as, ... Field Investigators assigned to WFP&I Headquarters do not investigate new applications . ...
    www.ladpss.org/dpss/fraud/fraud_brochure.cfm - Cached - Similar

Reporting Welfare FraudCA.GOV | Welcome to the California Department of Social Services ... Would you like to report welfare fraud? Please review the contents of this page before ...
    www.dss.cahwnet.gov/fraud/pg269.htm - Cached[PDF]

Department of Public Social Services - Welfare Fraud Prevention ...File Format:- Block all lacounty.gov results
    Not helpful? You can block lacounty.gov results when you're signed in to search. lacounty.gov
    PDF/Adobe Acrobat

California Department of Social Services (CDSS) website to obtain fraud ..... investigate, and prosecute welfare fraud. The key programs and controls are ...
    file.lacounty.gov/Auditor/audit_reports/.../cms1_009318.pdf - Similar
    NO AMNESTY