Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Myrick Introduces 10k Run for the Border Act

Rep. Myrick Introduces 10k Run for the Border Act

US Fed News
    May 7, 2011
    WASHINGTON, D.C.

Rep. Sue Wilkins Myrick, R-North Carolina, has introduced into Congress bill (H.R.169, legislation that "amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to greatly increase penalties for employing illegal aliens."

The bill was introduced on May 3rd.

It has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.

A copy of the full-text of the legislation follows:

H.R.1698

To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to greatly increase penalties for employing illegal aliens.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the '10k Run for the Border Act'.

SEC. 2. INCREASE IN PENALTIES FOR EMPLOYING ILLEGAL ALIENS.

(a) In General- Section 274A(e)(4)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1324a(e)(4)(A)) is amended--

(1) in clause (i), by striking '$250 and not more than $2,000' and inserting '$10,000 and not more than $80,000';

(2) in clause (ii), by striking '$2,000 and not more than $5,000' and inserting '$80,000 and not more than $200,000'; and

(3) in clause (iii), by striking '$3,000 and not more than $10,000' and inserting '$120,000 and not more than $1,600,000'.

(b) Use of Additional Penalty Funds- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, of the additional amounts of fines paid under section 274A(e)(4)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1324a(e)(4)(A)) by one or more employers and that are attributable to the amendments made by subsection (a)--

(1) if State or local law enforcement officials have provided material assistance in the investigation or prosecution of cases of such employers that resulted in such fines--

(A) 80 percent shall be paid, in a manner specified by the Secretary of Homeland Security, to the State or local State law enforcement agencies which employed such individuals; and

(B) 20 percent shall be used by the Secretary to cover costs of detention of all illegal aliens; and

(2) if paragraph (1) does not apply--

(A) 80 percent shall be paid to States (and political subdivisions of States) under the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program under section 241(i) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1251(i)) for purposes of reimbursing those States and political subdivisions for costs of incarceration of undocumented criminal aliens; and

(B) 20 percent shall be used by the Secretary to cover costs of detention of all illegal aliens in Federal facilities.

(c) Effective Date- The amendments made by subsection (a) shall apply to violations occurring on or after the date of the enactment of this Act.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/En ... 27&start=2

Gets My vote!
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!