Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Herman Cain Does 180 on Islam, Would Appoint Muslims to Cab

Herman Cain Does 180 on Islam, Would Appoint Muslims to Cabinet

Praise allah: One Out of Two Herman Cains Would Appoint Muslims to His Cabinet, Judgeships

Herman Cain wants to correct the record: He would consider a Muslim for his cabinet or as a federal judge if he’s elected president.

Cain’s clarification comes two months after he initially said he wouldn’t have any Muslim appointees, stoking controversy and criticism from a leading Muslim advocacy group.

“That statement is not what I said. It has been misconstrued,â€

working4change
    Herman Cain: Muslims have no place in US government

Video of Herman Cain on Muslims and Sharia Law

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/2 ... eed-apply/

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    I am glad to see that Cain has turned in the right direction. He should be able to pick and choose people based on their merits and being Islamic is not a disqualifier (in and of itself) to any reasonable person. To judge a person negatively just on their being Islamic is bigotry plain and simple. No I am not Islamic myself.

Banned
    Once again flip flop dont know about him now whats he going to do now on immigration?

Uh, no. That’s exactly what he said . . . before he flip-flopped. The only thing misconstrued here is Cain’s honesty and integrity. He just doesn’t have any.
    Ouch!

duckman wrote:

Once again flip flop dont know about him now whats he going to do now on immigration?
    You're right, I've heard absolutely nothing on what he plans on doing with the millions of illegals in our country right now. He has not said he doesn't support a path to legalization for illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    I am glad to see that Cain has turned in the right direction. He should be able to pick and choose people based on their merits and being Islamic is not a disqualifier (in and of itself) to any reasonable person. To judge a person negatively just on their being Islamic is bigotry plain and simple. No I am not Islamic myself.
    I gotta agree. Now personally I don't think Islam has any place in the US Government but some positions it may not really be a factor. But a politician shouldn't ever just blatantly say never to a group of people as it could stir a lot of problems and issues among making them look like a hate monger.

Best to judge someone on their qualifications and stances as an individual and if they fit or don't fit whats needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    I gotta agree. Now personally I don't think Islam has any place in the US Government but some positions it may not really be a factor. But a politician shouldn't ever just blatantly say never to a group of people as it could stir a lot of problems and issues among making them look like a hate monger.

Best to judge someone on their qualifications and stances as an individual and if they fit or don't fit whats needed.
    I hope you guys aren't overlooking the fact that he flopped faster than a fish out of water once he got just a tiny bit of pressure. It has left me wondering about his possible lack of conviction on other issues.