The Justice Department's war on the truth

Pamela Geller
Posted: October 25, 2011
3:31 pm Eastern

The U.S. Department of Justice is becoming a wing of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Obama administration is bowing to Muslim Brotherhood-linked groups and stopping the use of all training materials for law enforcement and national security officials that refer to jihad and any and all references to Islam. Yet Anwar al-Awlaki was a devout imam who preached the Quran. So let me understand this: Obama executed Awlaki for preaching jihad. That was all he did. Awlaki did not kill anyone. And yet Obama orders law enforcement to drop all mention of jihad and the Islamic motivation of terrorists. What's the difference?

Why did he kill Awlaki?

The Justice Department held a seminar last week on "Confronting Discrimination in the Post 9-11 Era." Among the treacherous conspirators indoctrinating believers and non-believers was the notorious Jew-hating pollster James Zogby and the ghastly leader of the Muslim Brotherhood-tied Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), Mohammed Magid.

James Lafferty, a board member of my organization, the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), was there and reported: "Speaker after speaker recited anecdote after anecdote which demonstrated that, except for the Justice Department, law enforcement is conspiring with 'bigoted' Americans to suspend the First Amendment protections of religious expression and free speech."

The DOJ promised to fight that "bigotry" by changing training materials designed to help law enforcement officials understand the jihad threat. Dwight Holton, the U.S. attorney in Oregon, said: "I want to be perfectly clear about this: Training materials that portray Islam as a religion of violence or with a tendency toward violence are wrong, they are offensive, and they are contrary to everything that this president, this attorney general and Department of Justice stands for. They will not be tolerated."

The only ones really responsible for the idea that Islam is "a religion of violence or with a tendency toward violence" are the Muslims who act violently and justify their violence by quoting the Quran. That isn't "bigotry." It's the truth.

This comes fresh on the heels of my recent WND column, "Obama's Department of Shariah," describing how the DOJ is actively pursing cases to gain special privileges for Muslims. In case after case, the Department of Justice's pursuit of the Shariah is surpassed only by that of the Supreme Council of Al-Azhar, the most prestigious institution in Sunni Islam.

How can Obama enforce the blasphemy laws of the Shariah (do not criticize, offend or speak truthfully about Islam) and order the killing of Imam Awlaki? Think about that.

Banning study of the religious motivation of Muslim terrorists has been a cornerstone of this national-security policy throughout the Obama administration, but Obama orders the executions of those who are proselytizing for and advancing what they present as pure Islam, authentic Islam.

What is this policy? Perhaps Obama prefers the stealth jihad, and the violent jihad only calls attention to the true nature of Islamic law. Incoherent is a best-case scenario explanation on this, but I do not believe that. In my book "The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration's War On America," I give the details of his pro-Islam leanings from the beginning of his career. And now as president, on foreign policy, he has aided and abetted the overthrow of secular governments. Libya, like Tunisia and Egypt, is heading toward becoming an Islamic state. His anti-Israel policies have led to the increased isolation of the tiny Jewish state, making it a ripe target for Islamic imperialists and devout Muslims.

(Column continues below)

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=360237