Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woman claims 13-year affair with Herman Cain

Woman claims 13-year affair with Herman Cain

By Lucy Madison, Brian Montopoli

Updated: 5:21 p.m. ET

Herman Cain revealed Monday that an Atlanta-area woman would soon come forward alleging an "extended" 13-year extramarital affair with the Republican presidential candidate. He told CNN the woman's claims are untrue.

Cain told Wolf Blitzer he wanted to "give you a heads up and everyone a heads up" that the woman would be coming forward.

He said he knows the woman - but that he did not have an affair with her.

According to an Atlanta affiliate of Fox News, the woman, who has been identified as Atlanta businesswoman Ginger White, is claiming she and Cain were involved for 13 years.

"It was pretty simple," White told Fox. "It wasn't complicated. I was aware that he was married. And I was also aware I was involved in a very inappropriate situation, relationship."

"Here we go again," Cain said in response to the forthcoming allegations. "I didn't do anything wrong."

Cain described the woman as an "acquaintance who I thought was a friend" and said his campaign was going to handle the charges "detail by detail, accusation by accusation."

When asked explicitly if he had either sex or an affair with the woman, Cain said "no."

But he declined to respond more specifically without detailed knowledge of what the woman had alleged.

"This individual's going to accuse me of an affair for an extended period of time. I don't want to specify because I don't know what's in the story," Cain said. "Through my attorney, we will respond to every detail and every allegation."

In a statement to Fox, Cain's lawyer Lin Wood argued that the accusations were regarding "a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public" and said Cain had no "obligation" to discuss them publicly. "Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media."

"This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace - this is not an accusation of an assault - which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate," Wood said in the statement.

Cain told Blitzer he did not plan to drop out of the race in light of the most recent allegations, but noted that he was concerned for the impact they might have on his family.

"If I drop out because of this kind of mess, then the system wins and one of the reasons I'm running is to change the system," Cain said. "I'm more worried this is going to hurt my family, not my campaign... There's nothing I can do to control that, if someone decides they want to do something like this and make it public."

Two women, Karen Kraushaar and Sharon Bialek, have come forward to publicly accuse Cain of sexual misconduct in the 1990s, while he was head of the National Restaurant Association. Bialek has accused Cain of putting his hand under her skirt and pushing her head toward his crotch after a dinner meeting in 1997, after she had been let go from the National Restaurant Association. Two women have also made anonymous accusations against Cain for sexual misconduct.

Cain has repeatedly denied the allegations, saying, "I have never acted inappropriately with anyone. Period." Speaking of Bialek, he suggested that "the Democrat machine" brought forth "a troubled woman" in an effort to bring him down.

The allegations, which broke at the end of October, appear to have hurt Cain in opinion polls. From the middle of October through the first week of November, Cain was polling in the 20-30 percent range, putting him atop polls of the GOP presidential contenders. Recent polls show him sliding to support in the mid-teens, behind Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich.

Read Lin's full statement below:

"Mr. Cain has been informed today that your television station plans to broadcast a story this evening in which a female will make an accusation that she engaged in a 13-year long physical relationship with Mr. Cain. This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace - this is not an accusation of an assault - which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults - a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public's right to know and the media's right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one's bedroom door.

Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... rman-cain/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

SOLVE THE PROBLEM.......DEMAND LIE DETECTOR TESTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

An innocent man would DEMAND this......he is NOT asking for this....so I am wondering?!?
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It wouldn't surprise me if Obama was behind these accusations. His election to the Illinois Senate involved the release of sealed divorice documents for two opponents.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    It wouldn't surprise me if Obama was behind these accusations. . .
    Or any of the GOP candidates.
    They all want to knock each other out of the game.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

The worst days in the Gingrich-Boehner relationship came in 1997, when a band of frustrated conservatives eager for more rapid changes launched a coup to depose Gingrich, who had been weakened by a House reprimand over ethical issues. Boehner's role in the failed uprising remains hotly disputed, but in the tumult that followed, Boehner lost his leadership position.

Gingrich/Boehner Their Long and Winding Road
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-256344.html
    NO AMNESTY

working4change
    Cain denies allegation he had a 13-year affair

By Justin Sink - 11/28/11 05:26 PM ET

Herman Cain on Monday denied accusations of an extramarital affair, the latest in a string of allegations of sexual impropriety that have dogged the Republican presidential candidate.

Ginger White, an Atlanta businesswoman, claimed that she and Cain had engaged in a 13-year-long affair during which Cain would fly her across the country and lavish her with gifts and expensive dinners.

During an interview on CNN, Cain described White as "an acquaintance who I thought was a friend" and categorically denied ever having a sexual relationship with the woman.

White, however, told Fox 5 Atlanta she and Cain were engaged in an ongoing affair for a significant amount of time, and that she was aware Cain was married.

“It was pretty simple,â€

working4change
    Question of the Day

Do you think Herman Cain's political campaign will be damaged by the latest allegations?

Poll:

Yes
    No
    Undecided
    Other

10(71%)
    3(21%)
    1(7%)
    0(0%)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -himself-/

Yes 44 (74%)

No 12 (20%)

Undecided 3 (5%)

Other 0
    NO AMNESTY

RELATED

Ginger White: Her phone bill has 61 calls or texts from Herman Cain

http://news.yahoo.com/ginger-white-her- ... 10287.html
    NO AMNESTY

working4change
    Help Needed Here Please!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-256409.html