Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration rally to drop the word '"Illegal"

Immigration rally to drop the word '"Illegal"

wbtv.com
    By Sarah Batista, Reporter
    Updated: Dec 20, 2011 10:36 AM EST

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A group of students in Charlotte are rallying to convince the community to stop using anti-immigrant language.

The say the word illegal is demeaning and criminalizing.

The United 4 the Dream group is asking the Charlotte Observer to drop the word "illegal" when referring to people in the country illegally.

Their goal is to bring attention to the issue of immigration reform.

They prefer the word undocumented over other terms such as illegal alien.

Anti-illegal immigration activists say the word illegal is correct because of the group's immigration status.

But organizers disagree.

"Not everything about that person is about their immigration status, they're a person first, so by calling them that it's using that to make them seem like they are less than human," said Melissa Siegal, Organizer.

The Charlotte Observer did not comment on the rally.

The rally will continue each day outside of the Charlotte's Observer's office through Thursday.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/16361249/i...e-word-illegal
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What would they suggest? Criminal tresspaser? Lawbreaker? Thief? All of these apply. They are in here against the law so criminal tresspasser and lawbreaker apply. If they are working they have stolen a job and benifits from a legal worker. If they are recieving gov. benifits, housing assistance, food stamps, Medicade,or bankrupt our hospitals they are thieves. There are a lot of things that apply, ILLEGAL ALIEN being the most accurate.

Illegal is illegal is illegal... I couldn't care less what they want! Undocumented offends me!

working4change
    il·le·gal /ɪˈli:gəl/ adjective

1 : not allowed by the law : not legal
    ▪ illegal [=illicit, unlawful] drugs ▪ In this state, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to drink alcohol. ▪ an illegal alien/immigrant [=a foreign person who is living in a country without having official permission to live there]

2 : not allowed by the rules in a game
    ▪ The team was penalized for an illegal play.

— il·le·gal·i·ty /ˌɪlɪˈgæləti/ noun, plural il·le·gal·i·ties
    [noncount] ▪ He claims that he was unaware of the illegality of these activities. [count] ▪ The campaign was accused of many fund-raising illegalities. [=illegal activities]

— il·le·gal·ly /ɪˈli:gəli/ adverb
    ▪ She was parked illegally in a handicapped parking spot. ▪ Her camera was illegally seized at the border. ▪ people who are in the country illegally
    http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/illegal

Quote Originally Posted by disgustedamerican View Post
    What would they suggest? Criminal tresspaser? Lawbreaker? Thief? All of these apply. They are in here against the law so criminal tresspasser and lawbreaker apply. If they are working they have stolen a job and benifits from a legal worker. If they are recieving gov. benifits, housing assistance, food stamps, Medicade,or bankrupt our hospitals they are thieves. There are a lot of things that apply, ILLEGAL ALIEN being the most accurate.
    I couldn't agree more!!! They are what they are: Illegal!

Poor things, they are just trying to fit in even though they commit a multitude of other crimes in order to stay here. Fraud, identiy theft, false documents welfare fraud and tax fraud.

I think that if foreign nationals can get away with these things then there is no rule of law in this country and everyone should be held to the same standard. I don't want to have to get a driver's license and pay the feees, I don't like having to pay for insurance and if the illegals get off, so should everyone else. It might be nice to have a second income from the government for having children and hide all of my other income. Food stamps and free healthcare, where do I sign up?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn