CNN Panel Clashes Over Allegations Against Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu

mediate.com
by James Crugnale | 7:12 pm, February 19th, 2012

During a heated segment on Sunday’s CNN Newsroom with Don Lemon, a fiery exchange took place between LZ Granderson and Will Cain over the controversy swirling around Arizona Sheriff and former Mitt Romney State Campaign Co-chair Paul Babeu.

Granderson observed there was hypocrisy on the part of the GOP as there “always seems as if the person who’s working for…an anti-gay politician for some reasons seems to have these gay ties.”

RELATED: GOP Candidate And AZ Sheriff Admits He’s Gay After Accusations Surface That He Dated An Illegal Immigrant

“I find it interesting he resigned from Mitt Romney’s campaign but he’s still running for Congress?!” Granderson exclaimed. “I’m trying to figure out why would you resign from Mitt’s campaign but still have your own? Either you are qualified to continue on as a co-chair for Mitt Romney or you’re not.” he added, going on to say it said something “horrible about his campaign.”

Cain, while acknowledging that he and Granderson were friends, was aghast at Granderson’s claim about the GOP and hypocrisy in the party regarding the issue.

“He made a broad sweeping generalization about the GOP and its hypocrisy about sexuality,” Cain fumed. “I think these stories should be looked at as individual circumstances and judged as individual circumstances. LZ, by your own standard, I don’t know how you apply a broad generalization to an entire party. I don’t know how you can do that by your own standard.”

Granderson and Cain continued to trade barbs over the matter, with Lemon saying he tended to agree that the Romney campaign appeared to have had a problem with Babeu being openly LGBT.

“I think Log Cabin Republicans or GOProud might have some issues with you guys,” Cain fired back.
Watch the segment below via CNN at source link.

(Update) CNN Interviews the Reporter that broke the Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu story. (video at source link)

Editor’s note: This post has been updated since it’s original posting – Jon Nicosia

Source: CNN Panel Clashes Over Allegations Against Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu | Mediaite