Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Giffords’ border tunnels bill signed

Giffords’ border tunnels bill signed

By Jonathon Shacat
    WICK NEWS SERVICE

BISBEE — President Bush recently signed into law a provision offered by U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords to ensure the federal government can prosecute smugglers who tunnel under the Arizona-Mexico border.

Under the new law, people who knowingly construct or finance the construction of a tunnel crossing the international border between the United States and another country shall be fined and imprisoned for up to 20 years.

There are additional criminal penalties for using a tunnel to smuggle illegal immigrants, goods, controlled substances, weapons of mass destruction or terrorists. “The congresswoman is very pleased that this is now the law of the land and she hopes this will go a long way towards strengthening border security,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Every bit helps....

This is good news and every bit helps.

Re: Giffords’ border tunnels bill signed

[quote="jimpasz"]“The Tunnel Enforcement Act that you have introduced, like the act to build a border fence, does nothing to solve the root problems of the thousands of decent people caught up in the maelstrom. It only increases the likelihood of even more desperate actions, more deaths and severe injury in the desert,â€

do the "chain gang thing" and give all of them the tools of the trade to build an open tunnel DEEP AND WIDE from CA running in to the Rio Grande! Let them pay for their room and board for the crimes they are committing.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

[quote]“The Tunnel Enforcement Act that you have introduced, like the act to build a border fence, does nothing to solve the root problems of the thousands of decent people caught up in the maelstrom. It only increases the likelihood of even more desperate actions, more deaths and severe injury in the desert,â€

DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS WILL BE ENFORCED.??? Bush also signed a bill to take funds away from DOT on for the Mexican trucks crossing the US border...and yet they still come ! ! !

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

fmrjarhead

This is what bothers me. We have a whole host of laws on the books that would help with the illegal problem and our government is working very hard to NOT enforce them - and has for decades.

So we have lawmaker after lawmaker putting forth bill after bill on the subject. It looks good - but a bill is only as good as the enforcers.

Also, did we really need a new bill about building a a tunnel and bringing in drugs, people and whatever tools of evil? I'll bet, and I don't gamble, we already have a law or two that covers that. If not specifically, then could be interpreted to do it. Our government can be very creative with laws - when it suits their interests - just look at the one they used against the two border agents.

Are we being lulled by all these bills and proposals and small time raids into thinking something is being done. Nothing really is being done - nothing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh no........next week Calderon and assorted environmental groups will be pitching a fit about impeding the migratory rights of moles, gophers, and earthworms which also use the tunnels

Yes, I can see it now - packrats, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast