Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chavez: U.S. trying to sabotage economy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/ap_ ... zuela_us_2

Chavez: U.S. trying to sabotage economy Fri Feb 23, 1:20 AM ET

President Hugo Chavez warned that the U.S. government, allegedly frustrated by failed assassination plots against him, was now planning to sabotage the oil-producing country's economy.

Chavez, speaking Thursday on his newly scheduled prime-time TV talk show, predicted that "one of the fiercest battle fronts" was coming ahead as Washington readied to destroy Venezuela economically.

He said that recent comments by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice accusing Chavez of "destroying" his country's economy meant that "the imperialist plan of the moment" had turned to economic sabotage.

"(That's) one of the plans. The other is assassination," he said, reiterating past claims that the U.S. government is plotting to kill him. "We've neutralized various attempts, and I have faith we will continue neutralizing them. But they won't rest."

Chavez said that recent urgings by President Bush for his country to reduce its oil dependency on unfriendly nations, including Venezuela, meant that Venezuela was already on "the drawing table" and Washington was laying its plans.

Venezuela and the United States have had increasingly rocky political relations though they continue to be major trading partners in oil. The U.S. is the No. 1 market for crude from Venezuela, the world's eighth-largest oil exporter.

Poor Hugo. He is like the kid that nobody wants to play with. He just keeps making up his own stories to stay in the news. Crazy!!!

Banned
    What is with dictators and their delusions?

I would love to be a fly on the wall when this guy is talking to his therapist.

Chavez

Another peanut Dictator with delusions of grandeur.

OleSarge,
    Welcome to ALIPAC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know what it is but there is something about Chavass that reminds me of the peanut nut Jimmy Carter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    I don't know what it is but there is something about Chavass that reminds me of the peanut nut Jimmy Carter.
    Now that you mention it, Charles........
    And what's worse is they always seem to pop back up like one of those old wack-a-moles

WELCOME OLE SARGE!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Now that you mention it, Charles........
    And what's worse is they always seem to pop back up like one of those old wack-a-moles

WELCOME OLE SARGE!!
    In the case of Chavez, I believe that would be spelled "guacamole."

GOOD ONE, CROCKET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast