Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

131 illegal immigrants tested positive at poultry plant.

August 28, 2007
    Another Illegal Immigrant Spreads Tuberculosis

Illustrating the serious health threat presented by illegal immigrants, a Mexican teenager has been forcibly detained with a highly contagious strand of tuberculosis (TB) just weeks after an outbreak of the fatal disease at a poultry plant in a different state.

This week’s case involves an illegal immigrant teenager named Francisco Santos in an Atlanta suburb of about 750,000 residents. Gwinnett County health officials obtained a court order to detain the illegal alien because he refused treatment for active, contagious tuberculosis and instead offered to return to his native Mexico.

Authorities refused because Santos is highly contagious and can spread the fatal disease, that primarily affects the lungs and can spread to the kidneys and spinal column, to anyone he comes in contact with.

Just weeks ago there was a tuberculosis outbreak (at least 131 tested positive) at a South Carolina poultry plant and health officials said the culprits were illegal immigrants infected in their home country before sneaking into the United States. The situation is becoming a crisis in the Carolinas because thousands of illegal immigrants go there annually to work in poultry, construction and other industries.

In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that there are about 300 new TB cases a year in South Carolina alone. This is because, unlike legal immigrants who must first submit to a health test, those who enter the country illegally may carry a variety of contagious and fatal deceases that will go undetected until communities are seriously threatened.

A recent U.S. government report outlines the high incident of TB among new immigrants and reveals how the disease persists in those who are infected for many years after entering the country. A separate but equally alarming report published by the National Institutes of Health in 2002 attributed a TB epidemic in Delaware’s poultry plants to the fact that most workers were from Mexico and Guatemala, countries where the disease is prevalent.

http://www.corruptionchronicles.com/ill ... migration/

But Enrique Morones was on O"Reilly with Michelle tonight saying that illegals weren't bringing in TB. It's just a worldwide problem. I wonder what percent of illegals in this country have TB. I bet it is 20% or higher.

How would you feel to be anywhere near these people? There is no where to go to avoid the infected hord. Worse yet, who is little Johnny or Susie sitting next to in school or across the table from in the lunch room?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For this alone they should be rounding up these people and removing them from this country immediately, this makes me sick and are their children in our schools sitting next to our children. Like everything else they will wait until there is a tradgety.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ACTION ALERT... ILLEGAL ALIENS CALLING OUR CONGRESS TODAY!! COME ON ALIPAC TEAM GET INVOLVED, WE NEED EVERYONE MAKING CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS !!!
    INFORMATION AT LINK BELOW!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=79915

ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saveourcountry
    But Enrique Morones was on O"Reilly with Michelle tonight saying that illegals weren't bringing in TB. It's just a worldwide problem. I wonder what percent of illegals in this country have TB. I bet it is 20% or higher.
    Like Michelle said, they only thing Enrique Morones wanted to talk about was amnesty. For example, what enforcment bill did he support? His answer was to ramble about family unity. It's amazing how these open border fanatics run away from the truth.

The percentage carrying disease could range from any number. But, who knows since they are not being screened. What absolute insanity. And to think that Bush was reelected because he scared the soccer moms. Only he could take care of them. What a sad joke.

AND THEY LIVE IN SUCH CROWDED LIVING SPACES. SO EVEN IF ONLY ONE PERSON IN A HOUSEHOLD HAS TB, CHANCES ARE SOME OR ALL OF THE OTHER MEMBERS IN THE HH WILL END UP WITH IT. THAT COULD END UP BEING MANY PEOPLE. I DONT THINK TB CAN BE SPREAD THROUGH FOOD, BUT IT NAUSEATES ME TO THINK OF EATING FOOD....EVEN AFTER COOKING IT....THAT HAS BEEN HANDLED BY SOMEONE WHO IS SICK.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In my city one illegal alien infected 50 other relatives and friends because he wouldn't take his medication. One of those he infected was a kid who was in the same class with my daughter. They pulled the kid out of school. She doesn't have any symptoms yet but this is plenty enough reason for me to stop paying taxes.