Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Jogger-death trial looms after suspect bussed to Portland

Jogger-death trial looms after suspect bussed to Portland
    Posted by The Oregonian September 13, 2007 12:19PM

Rocendo Rosales-Corona

The man arrested in California two months ago in the hit-and-run death of a Dodson woman arrived in Portland today to stand trial.

Rocendo Rosales-Corona, 25, was scheduled to arrive last month, but no seats were available on the U.S. Marshal's Service bus that was supposed to transport him. Rather than pay to send two Multnomah County Sheriff's Office deputies to California, local officials simply waited for another seat to open up for Rosales-Corona.

He finally arrived around noon today, said Jt. Jason Gates, spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Detectives from the East Multnomah County Crime Team arrested Rosales July 14 in Lodi, Calif., on charges of criminally negligent homicide and failure to perform the duties of a driver to an injured person. Rosales-Corona waived extradition to Oregon, and will be arraigned tomorrow in Multnomah County court.

The arrest came a year to the day after 23-year-old Kimberly McDaniel was hit as she jogged along a highway near Dodson in the Columbia River Gorge, east of Bridal Veil. She died the next day of head injuries.

Kimberly McDaniel
    Courtesy the McDaniel familyKimberly McDaniel

"We're ready -- we've been waiting for this for a long time,'' said Allen Tremain, McDaniel's stepfather. "It's going to be hard to see him face to face, but our family is strong."

Tremain said doctors who treated McDaniel told the family that if the driver of the car had stopped to help her, she would have had a 40 to 50 percent chance of survival.

Because she lay in blackberry vines on the side of the road for nearly a half hour before a couple stopped to help, her chances dropped to five to 10 percent.

"She was not dead. She was very much alive,'' Tremain said in a piece he wrote for Parents of Murdered Children, a national organization formed to help family and friends of murder victims. "Why did that driver not call 911? I could not imagine those 20-30 minutes. How much did she suffer? We can only try to forget."

Police have said Rosales entered the country illegally in May 2006, and that he picked cherries in Hood River County. He fled to Mexico shortly after McDaniel's death, but an informant eventually led police to him when he re-entered the country last spring.

-- Stuart Tomlinson
    stuarttomlinson@news.oregonian.com

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews ... after.html

He possible left the scene because:
    1) He was and is illegal.
    2) He was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
    3) Maybe I'll keep my other thoughts to myself.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

*Highly Recommended* update to this same story -

Here is a local (KATU TV) update featuring the video:

http://www.katu.com/

Find section "Top Video", then select link:

"Family faces man accused of hitting jogger and leaving her to die"

(A separate window with video player will be shown)

Here's is my early-Saturday a.m. attempt at transcribing the more important comments from the video:

Reporter: "Family said 50k bail was ridiculously low - for a suspect that had fled to Mexico".

Father: "He struck our daughter and left her to die" (speaking to court re: bail)

Sister: "He didn't even care",
    "What if the driver had stopped?"
    "We don't know low long she was there",
    "It was a long way to a hospital - he didn't even care or think about that"

Mother: "

"I wish I could get up and go over there and do something to him..."

Reporter (Susan Harding): "The family is also angry the suspect is also an illegal immigrant with a criminal history and they plan to campaign for stricter immigration laws".

Mother: "All these illegal aliens that are hurting people and killing people and all the stuff they're doing will come to a stop".

Sister: "Whatever he gets won't be enough, because he's not going to die".

Reporter: "All in all, the family is united in planning a fight for Kim and others from their pain".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks to KATU for not trying to bury the important facts of the case.

KATU did 3 admirable (eg. truthful) things in this report:

1. They acknowledged the perp was an illegal.

2. They acknowledged the perp had a criminal history

3. They also did not edit out the strong comments by the victim's family.

Thanks KATU! - you did the right thing and that should be recognized.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

KATU and KPTV still buried alot of inportant facts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    He possible left the scene because:
    1) He was and is illegal.
    2) He was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
    3) Maybe I'll keep my other thoughts to myself.

This makes me so outraged that I cannot even know where to begin. This beautiful, young, AMERICAN CITIZEN would be alive today if that border was secured. Not only did this guy flee to Mexico after he killed this girl, but he was able to re-enter the US Illegally for a secong time after the accident.

What's it going to take? I bet if a politicians daughter, sister, mother, etc were killed by an illegal invader, they would sudenly begin to have a different take in promoting the pro-illegal invader legislation they continue to pass.

WHERE'S LA RAZA NOW!

Move to new section for Americans killed by illegals.