Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Operation Secure America Now!!

The Novel

Part 1 of 3 parts

Five-dollar gas is awesome…

Traffic wise.

I made it to the OPERATION SECURE AMERICA NOW!! 4th of July event in San Diego. I traveled down from Fremont, California. The drive down seemed a little peculiar traffic wise. I told my brother about the traffic seeming light and he thought it was because of the five-dollar gasoline. The trip home confirmed it.

The event started early Friday morning with the checking in. Security was there to help with the parking and getting everyone signed up. It went very smooth.

It was nice to meet some familiar faces.

We opened with the pledge of allegiance. I’m not sure if this was the exact moment or just who this guy was but I know he is good people and kept us up on the announcements of the day. (After reading some of the Operation Secure America Now website I think he is Carl Braun.)

From what I remember the fist speaker was Duncan D. Hunter. Duncan Hunter’s son. He seems to be a chip on the old block and should be a good man to represent us in the government.

Some of the original minutemen took the stage and spoke of many things of the past and dreams for the future.

I met one of the two people I have been wanting to meet since I read Daniel Sheehy book, Fighting Immigration Anarchy One is Glenn Spencer. The other is Barbara Coe.

Barbara Coe is seen here giving a rousing speech.

She has been at this battle for many years. If you get a chance to read Sheehy’s book you can get summery of how she started out working in the Los Angles Police department statistic department when things first started getting out of hand. She took statistics to her bosses that showed troubling trends that showed the city was heading for trouble but they didn’t want to hear it. She went on to work on California’s Proposition 187, I believe, and also founded the California Coalition for Immigration Reform. It’s also known as CCIR. She sends out email alerts and forwards emails of the things that are happening in regards to illegal immigration. When things are really happening there can be a lot of messages. It can a little overwhelming at first but once you get used to it they can really keep you up to date and not much will slip by.

Another person in this picture is Chelene Nightingale. We know her here as Patriot Dream. I was looking forward to meeting her but not in the star struck sense like with Barbara Coe or Glenn Spencer but more as a casual, she’s a nice looking women, I’ve seen a lot of pictures of her and read a lot of her post on the message boards. Much like many of the other Save Our State message board people I always look forward to meeting. I had no idea just who she was in person. Right off the bat I saw her early in the morning. I introduced myself and she welcomed me and made me feel like someone special and a real part of the group. She was able to do that with all of us I believe.

She is one of those naturally gifted people to the stage. She was the Master of Ceremonies for the day and kept the entertainment and speeches organized and flowing on the stage.

If I see her again I may be a little star struck. Well either one of them.

We had many speakers throughout the day. I remember one spoke of taking a list of Constitutional violations and charging members of congress criminally. Another has a petition that will be out soon. I remembered to pick up a flyer on the petition. The web address is http://www.taxpayerrevolution.org/. I should really take notes I suppose. Now I’m relying on crossing my fingers and hoping I will hear more about some of the day’s topics.

Chris Simcox is a familiar face across the nation.

This is Rubin Medina of the American Union Band. He played and wrote some excellent selections that fit the occasion to a T. We need more events with music. Music worked well for gathering groups in the sixties.

Part 2 of 3 parts

Another part of the entertainment was Loch David Crane as Bafflin Bill Cody. He put on a magical act and was great with the kids. I’m thinking he is a regular at the Outdoor World RV Park next door but I could be sadly mistaken. If he is not, he should be.

We also had showings of a new immigration film that is coming out. It was the premier showing of "Documented Americaâ€

Part 3 of 3 parts

DARSACRAMENTO or Melissa is another one that is good at pulling people into her circle. Her and some others had clumped up their chairs and were talking before the launching of the balloons. She told me to grab a chair and join them. I did. The group also pulled in others.

What was a clump of chairs grew to a circle and the circle grew larger.

Ted Hayes, Candidate for Congress 35th District got sucked into the circle here. He gave a great speech earlier. At one point he broke out into a song. He can always fall back on his singing someday if he needs to.

I keep hoping our events will draw more people. We have many members that are good at making others feel welcome.

I grew up in San Diego and I tried to get ahold of as many of the old group as I could find. I found one person in Alaska and another in Texas. Some of those in San Diego seemed interested in coming but things just didn’t work out I guess. This isn’t anything new for our little group. Sometimes the parties were huge. Sometimes they fizzled.

As I watched the festivities, maybe it isn’t so important that everyone join in in every event. The forth of July reminds us we are all part of a bigger group known as the United States of America. Many of our fellow fighters in this battle against illegal immigration remain unseen from the masses. They are out there though, writing and faxing and doing many other deeds that go unseen. There are lots of unsung hero’s out there we have yet to hear about or meet. Each chooses their own battles.

The grand finale with the balloons was just one of those things where you just had to be there. I tried to takes some pictures of it but they only show a hint of what it was like.

Around nine o’clock we were each given our own balloon. They were a trip. Each one had a blinking LED light inside of it so they looked pretty eerie blinking and glowing the way they did. Red, White and Blue. (You’ll just have to pretend the green ones are white in these pictures.)

We gathered by the stage waiting for the signal to release them at the same time.

A few test balloons escaped which gave us a clue as to what was going to happen. It wasn’t even close to the reality of them all taking flight at once though. Like I said before you just had to be there. I think one of the problems with the pictures is the camera couldn’t see many of the balloons when their lights blinked off. Another was the camera had trouble with the color, it being dark.

Man it was cool when the lights went out before the release.

They drifted away. Well except for some that were stuck in a tree but that was cool too.

We were all invited back for the Forth of July in 2009. I’m sure that invitation includes all of you out there reading this message. The infrastructure, in other words, the people running the show and Camp Vigilance, could have handled more people than we had this year, it looked to me like.

I know they could use help during the rest of the year watching our borders. Throughout the day they were taking groups out on guided tours of the border. Even if you have a place you want to watch of your own this would be a good place to get the instructions on how to go about it and get started.

If I was going to give it a try I think I would start by contacting the Minuteman Corps of California at;

http://www.campvigilance.com/

Outwitted

by Edwin Markham

He drew a circle that shut me out —
    Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
    But Love and I had the wit to win:
    We drew a circle that took him in!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Border watch groups celebrate the Fourth

Anti-illegal immigration and border security activist groups attend a Fourth of July celebration at Camp Vigilance.

By ERIN CARLYLE
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
    Comments 11 | Recommend 6

Boulevard, CA - Steve Holder stretched out across a crop of high desert rock just north of the California-Mexico border Saturday and peered through his binoculars, hoping to spot a drug runner.

It was just after 7 a.m., and the desert sun was already beating down on Holder's camouflage pants, khaki vest and low ponytail. The 57-year-old Lake Forest man pulled a green bottle of Perrier from his backpack then, in his clipped British accent, cracked a joke about how his bubbly water habit has become the stuff of legend – at least among his fellow Minutemen.

Maybe that's because it isn't what you'd expect a redneck, or a border vigilante, or a racist – as members of the Minuteman groups have been called by their critics – to drink.

But Holder and his classy beverage appeared determined to surprise. In the past, Holder has refused to let reporters use his true name, fearing backlash at his job as a computer programmer. But this holiday weekend, the native Brit and American citizen decided to go public.

"Do we hide forever because we're patriotic and fighting for our rights?" Holder asked.

Snip...

Read the whole article here;

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/b...emen-minuteman

yes, we had a great time

Still recovering, but here is a link to more photos from teh event:

http://www.campvigilance.com/2008/photos-of-campv.html

More later:

Ken
    Ken Dreger

Minutemen Gather For July Fourth Celebration

POSTED: 4:35 pm PDT July 4, 2008
    UPDATED: 7:09 pm PDT July 7, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- There is no parade and no fireworks, but this Independence Day celebration in Boulevard is open to all who are considered friendly.

The Minutemen are as serious about keeping Camp Vigilance free from controversy as they are about securing the U.S.-Mexico border.

"To a lot of people, it's OK … in high power, high places, it's OK if tons of drugs come across this fence," said Jeff Schwilk of the San Diego Minutemen.

Schwilk points to the most recent drug seizure this week. Just two miles from Camp

Snip...

For full story and video go to this link. I think they are having trouble with their video right now. I emailed them and maybe they will have it fixed before you see this. It was worse than dial up waiting for it to load.

http://www.10news.com/news/16792885/...=sand&psp=news

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123