Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm looking forward to this event.

The 4th should be very none confrontational and a good opportunity to get invite old acquaintances to get together and maybe get one or two off of the apathy fence.

Update June 22-

Well, we worked most of the weekend getting camp ready for this event, I posted more photos online at the site for all of you to look at.

We have the PIG PIG about 3/4 done!

Ken

Lets see you at the event!
    Ken Dreger

When you guys dig a hole to cook some pigs you dig a hole!

http://www.campvigilance.com/2008/page1.html

I talked to some more people I haven't seen in about twenty five years about the 4th of July party. I hope they can make it.

StokeyBob-

Well, yes when we do something here in CA it is usually done the right way!

I did a lot of research on it, and got the best ideas from the Pig BBQ folks around the country who said it was a great way to do it!

Having NEVER done one we decided to do it the best way we could, this way we can use it for the next event also!

Maybe this will lead to a regular BBQ at the border!

What fun!

Ken
    Ken Dreger

It looks like you guys have some nice equipment to work with.

I tried a deer in the ground once. I ended up having to finish it in the oven. It was sort of hard to check it to see how it was doing all covered up. Plus I don't think I had enough coals going when I covered it. They sort of got choked out.

It is looking good the way you have the rocks on the bottom with big cracks for air to get in.

"Maybe this will lead to a regular BBQ at the border! "
    It sure seems like a good way to interest more people in coming out and joining in. They don't have to be for or against or on one side or the other. Just behaved.

Many families, I would imagine, could have some on each side of the argument but should still feel welcome.

reply to Bob

Bob, here is what we posted on the BBQ forum:

We plan on digging a 5’ wide, 10’ long, 4’ deep pit into the camp ground area where there is no brush or trees. This area is compacted Granit. Then we will place corrugated metal on the sides and bottom of the pit and hold it up with rebar posts pounded into the inside of the pit. Then we will place large head size boulders from the property all along the bottom of the pit. Then we will create a Oak based fire that will burn until we have about 12-16â€
    Ken Dreger

It sounds well thought out.

I can't wait.

I'm going to start me a pile of all of the things I will be bringing.

Hey, no fair, you guys cheat! I've done pit bbq's before and we had to dig the holes by hand, but then that was a long time ago maybe they didn't have backhoes then?
    This should be a good time and hopefully will become a yearly event.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This thread looks like it needs a bump.

It's time to pry ourselves out of those easy chairs and get on down to where everything is happening.

Speaking of chairs, a good folding one may come in handy when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    This thread looks like it needs a bump.

It's time to pry ourselves out of those easy chairs and get on down to where everything is happening.

Speaking of chairs, a good folding one may come in handy when you get there.
    That's a good idea Bob, also keep in mind this is the high desert and day time temps have been in the high 90's so dress accordingly.
    See you there!
    MD
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast