Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush coming to Georgia to push immigration bill

Bush coming to Georgia to push immigration bill

By KEN HERMAN
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 05/25/07

Washington — President Bush on Tuesday will visit a South Georgia facility that trains Border Patrol agents, pushing back against conservatives who say the Senate's compromise immigration bill, which he supports, would do little to secure the border.

Supporters of the bill say it's just what Bush needs to be doing as he seeks approval of the bill. Opponents agree — but see it as a mere public relations exercise.

"It reminds people of all he hasn't done," said Steve Camarata of the Center for Immigration Studies, who believes Bush has done little to enforce the border. "But it's a good photo op and it's probably something he needs to do if he wants his legislation passed."

The trip to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco will put Bush in the home state of two GOP senators — Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson — who are under fire from constituents for their part in negotiating the bill. In particular, it was Isakson's idea to condition the bill's reforms, including providing a route to legal residency for illegal immigrants, to meeting goals for border security.

The White House insists the Georgia trip has nothing to do with the senators. Instead, the locale was picked because Bush hasn't been there and he can quickly get there and back to Washington.

Bush spokesman Scott Stanzel said Friday the trip will highlight the fact that the bill "starts with border security first."

"So it will be an opportunity for him to talk about what we're doing to secure the nation," Stanzel said.

The quick trip South is part on an all-out push by the White House on immigration, an issue Bush has chosen to be the topic he wants to highlight his domestic policy legacy.

In addition to the Bush trip to Georgia, Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff will continue their full-time efforts in support of the bill.

On Sunday, Gutierrez will debate Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) about the bill on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos."

At a Thursday news conference, Bush acknowledged that many Americans "are rightly skeptical about immigration reform."

"Last year, during the debate, people said, 'Well, let's have security first'. That's exactly what the bill does," Bush said. "However, I don't see how you can have the border security the American people expect unless you have a temporary worker program with a verifiable work card."

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/met ... 7&cxcat=13
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is like Clinton and his 100,000 new cops sham!

I just sent DA King a heads up on this. I told him ALIPAC is ready to assist if he puts together a plan or demonstration.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Devil went down to Georgia......

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I just sent DA King a heads up on this. I told him ALIPAC is ready to assist if he puts together a plan or demonstration.

W
    That was my first question, will there be any large demonstrations. I hope so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The White House insists the Georgia trip has nothing to do with the senators. Instead, the locale was picked because Bush hasn't been there and he can quickly get there and back to Washington.
    Wow, my B.S. alarm sure has been going off a lot lately!

On Sunday, Gutierrez will debate Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) about the bill on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos."
    What's this about? Isn't this like the hawk and eagle debating the taste of rabbit? The fact is they both love rabbit, however, they may vary a little on their technique for catching it.

How about a Gutierrez/Menendez debate with Hunter/Tancred/Paul? Wouldn't that be more interesting?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Did you know, according to the GAO, it costs $55,000/hr to fly Air Force One?

My complaint is, that when he uses AF1 to fly all over the country campaigning for candidates, those candidates should reimburse the taxpayers. It is illegal to use government property (even a phone or computer, etc.), in campaigning.

Banned
    The trip to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco will put Bush in the home state of two GOP senators — Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson — who are under fire from constituents for their part in negotiating the bill. In particular, it was Isakson's idea to condition the bill's reforms, including providing a route to legal residency for illegal immigrants, to meeting goals for border security.
    Having Bush in GA is another nail in the coffins of Chambliss and Isakson. Sure wish he come and help Larry Craig, too!

LMAO OLIVER, I couldn't agree more, would love for him to come visit Craig, but that says how bad off we are, even this failing President must know there is know hope for Senator Craig

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To everybody out there hanging in the backround yes you!! we invite you to...
    let your voices be heard, Its time to get involved, calls, faxes, and e-mails, post at the link below to let everyone know what you are hearing, it helps our leaders to make decisions on what steps to take next. Lets let congress know what real Americans Want!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=363412

Check out Operation Bring it Home also and get your home towns involved!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63288

If anyone can't find information for contacting senators or not sure what to do, just ask, someone will help you, We have lots 0f nice people just waiting to help you!!

HINT: EASY WAY TO HELP OUT.....When you post on another site with good patriotic Americans leave behind a Momentous message, the link to ALIPAC ( http://www.alipac.us/index.php ).
    Any donations to help keep ALIPAC afloat will be much appreciated
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I better tell Pinestraw about this.

Yo Pine! I know you are out there working in the heat, but you better get in here and look at this.

You got company coming! And you aint gonna like it!

fire on the mount, run boys, run.
    The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.
    Chicken in the bread pin pickin' out dough.
    "Granny, does your dog bite?"
    "No, child, no."
    Don't that Devil know that Charlie Daniels is on our side???

The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qepv1mtY ... ed&search=

If you lose the devil gets your soul!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast