Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Environmental Laws Waived to Press Work on Border Fence

October 23, 2007
    Environmental Laws Waived to Press Work on Border Fence
    By JULIA PRESTON
    Michael Chertoff, the homeland security secretary, waived several environmental laws yesterday to continue building a border fence through a national conservation area in Arizona, bypassing a federal court ruling that had suspended the fence construction.

Citing “unacceptable risks to our nation’s securityâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Screw the sierra club. I know that the environment is fragisl and I am for protecting it however, with foot traffic and trash that they have left all over, I can't see the problem with the fence.

The plaintiffs described the area near the San Pedro River as “one of America’s most unique and biologically diverse areas.
    Seems America has quite a bit of those pieces of land. Usually whenever there is development that will benefit this nation, usually oil drilling sites, or leeve construction to save lives in floods, or timber harvesting, or. off shore oil drilling. Bah you get the idea.

Eat it hippies my security is more important than your preceived feelings.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

[quote]The plaintiffs described the area near the San Pedro River as “one of America’s most unique and biologically diverse areas.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)