Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NY Times Sleeping Giant

Those idiots at the NY Times are at it again

I find it curious how they are basically conceding that the illegal alien demonstrations are going a bit too far.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/29/opini ... nted=print

April 29, 2006
    EDITORIAL
    The Sleeping Giant
    On Monday, if many immigrant advocacy groups get their wish, America will awaken to a disturbing silence. Shops and offices will not open, factories will be idle, and classrooms and restaurants will empty out. The nation will rattle with the emptiness of millions of immigrants not working, not shopping and not going to school.
    The noise is supposed to come later, when many of those same immigrants hit the streets, protesting and chanting in a continental chorus of complaint. Their din will be joined by a moan rising from the rest of America, newly exposed as a fat, immobile queen lost without her worker bees. The shaken nation then will buckle and pass forgiving laws that loosen its borders and grant the 11 million to 12 million illegal workers their rightful place in the American landscape.
    That's the plan, anyway. But a few things are seriously wrong with it.
    The groups that chose May 1 for a day of boycotts and rallies for immigrants' rights were emboldened by a miracle of grass-roots mobilization that turned a shadow population into a national movement in less than a month. But many outspoken defenders of the immigrants' cause are drawing a distinction between peaceful rallies and punitive boycotts and work stoppages. They say, rightly, that immigrants should not try to inflict pain on this country just to prove how much they love it.
    Those who argue for aggressive confrontation point to the civil rights era, when another supposedly powerless minority found the strength to upend an exploitive system that dangled the possibility of hope while mocking and thwarting it. But that is a superficial comparison. Segregation denied the legal rights and full humanity of American citizens. It was a brutal regime that had to be dismantled. By comparison, current and proposed immigration laws — even the most punitive ones — are at worst foolish, impractical and ungenerous. But they are not Jim Crow. To say otherwise is to trivialize evil.
    Today's immigrants and their allies have a different, but no less admirable, mission than the 1960's protesters. They are calling on the nation to improve its laws, to draw on a rich tradition of tolerance in devising a fair, decent solution to a complex problem.
    Whether Monday's protests stumble or soar, participants should strive to avoid damaging their worthy cause. Boycotts and walkouts could cause many struggling workers to lose their jobs, send students the wrong message about the importance of education, give the Minutemen and talk-show morons a chance to strut and preen, and unnerve and embolden the lawmakers who are itching for a simple crackdown. This is perilous business: there are signs that fear has already given the boycott a perverse head start. Recent rumors of federal immigration crackdowns appear to have driven thousands of illegal immigrants further underground.
    There needs to be a lot of heavy lifting and delicate consensus building to achieve comprehensive immigration reform. Sleeping giants can, and should, get moving. But they should tread carefully.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I hope it blows up in their face. It will be raining in Chicago all day tomorrow......curious to see how it ends up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Their din will be joined by a moan rising from the rest of America, newly exposed as a fat, immobile queen lost without her worker bees.
    guess they forgot when the queen dies, so do the worker bees.

I don't care which way this protests goes. IF they prove America is lost without them, then it is time that America deports all aliens and stands on it's own 2 feet again -- we were never to be at the mercy of or dependent on any foreign nation or foreigners
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

We american citizens are the sleeping giant not the illegal aliens and we are also the majority in this country. Idiots can't they even count?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

lsmith1338

That is exactly what I was going to say "Americans are the sleeping giant"

Not the vermin that has to sneak into our country and try to take what we have built and spilled blood over.

If they are so wonderful, why didn't they clean up their own corrupt country.

Now all we have to do is wake the sleeping giant so he can clean out the globalist elite. They haven't won yet.

Darlene I think the national anthem in spanish and the boycott on Monday will do it for those that have not been watching what is going on
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

HOPEFULLY, tomorrow will be the nail in their coffin. I see where Fox News and CNN are going to have coverage ALL DAY long -- that's exactly what we needed. If this was on every news channel like 9/11 and the aftermath of Katrina, these illegals and Congress would be in for a rude awakening -- the American people unite after an attack -- whether it be foreign or an act of nature
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I like how they say "shops and offices will be closed, factories will be idle". What do they think, they're the only people that do anything in this country? I've got news for them. I don't know why the whole country isn't up in arms about this. This is a slap in the face to us and we're too complacent.
    I doubt this boycott will cause any problems. It'll be more bluster than substance. So, some dishes won't get washed and the grass won't get cut. Yep, I can see the country on it's knees because of this!
    They're not going to buy in the stores?? They don't now! They send all their $ south!! Tomorrow won't be any different than any other day! Heck, if they're only making $5 an hour, how much do they usually spend?? No Rolex or Lexus purchases tomorrow?? Tomorrow's going to be the Great American Dud.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I agree, their protest so far has produced squat politically and Public Opinion is against them, this will make it worst.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

The only part of America that will be affected will be western states & Miami. The majority of the USA will go on business as usual. We won't knowtise a factory closed or the mom & pop mexican dinner closed. We will only see that our News is dominated with it later in the evening and the next day. And all that will do is further outrage any of us.

The organizers themselves realize this giant has gone rabid. With internal disagreements about taking jobs and school off. Half the movement urges they do not. And realized that not one of them want to listen to reason.

They will continue to become more savy. As members infultrate forums like ours and hang out long enough to find out how they "should" act to gain American sympathy. Then the question will be how many Americans fall for it in the months to come. It's going to be a long hot summer. i can see it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast