Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Romney Camp Distances Itself from Congressman's Hardline Immigration Views

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal View Post
    Numbers USA is quite reliable on the candidates with regard to immigration.

Romney's at a B- right now, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Barky's at a predictable F- and that joke Gary Johnson is an abysmal F.

Tell me who is the best running candidate on immigration as things stand right now.

Romney scores an "excellent" on oppose amnesty/legalization, secure the border, mandating e-verify and supporting local law enforcement.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/a...n-stances.html
    SicNTiredInSoCal, I appreciate you willing to present this source to perhaps convince me that Romney is indeed the better choice. But that chart was last updated April of this year. Gone are the primaries in which Romney positioned himself as supposedly the most Conservative of the bunch. I would like to see, after the Univision forum in which Romney will have to address and clarify his stance, what his score will be updated to. I'm sure NumbersUSA is a organization with integrity so I hope they will be completely honest with us.

I believe they are reputable also. Maybe they have not changed his grade, because he has not made himself clear or said anything that has yet to change their minds. I can't imagine that they'd be lazy about updating it. Too big of an organization.

Besides that, Mittens would have to do a total "180" to get as low as the other two.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Now, add to the mix an implied endorsement by past-Pres. of Mexico, Vincente Fox. Wow, that comes close to saying that he likes him like he likes GWB.

I still favor non-partisan elections, at least for congress. It makes elections more of a local issue determined by local voters without implied party leanings or Party pressure.
    I know Fox liked the fact that Perry provided in-state tuition for illegals but I've never heard him mention support for Romney. I think such a comment deserves a source so folks can check it out themselves. Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Did you not read the very first couple of sentences in the article? Are you being purposely obtuse or what? Here, the article helps you out in the very first sentence.

"The Romney campaign attempted to put distance on Wednesday between the Republican presidential candidate’s approach to immigration and that of Rep. Steve King"

"
    As with any other presidential candidate, Democrat or Republican, Governor Romney does not agree with everyone on every issue,” said a campaign statement, attributed to Sharon J. Castillo, advisor for the Romney campaign. The statement noted that “As president, Mitt Romney will deal with this issue in a civil and resolute manner.

Governor Romney does not agree with everyone on every issue
    Gee what issue could he possibly be referring to in this context I wonder??? OH I don't know, immigration perhaps? The entire article is about immigration and Romney's stance on it.
    You specifically said that Romney differed with King on what to do with the so-called dreamers, didn't you? Nothing you provided here even mentions the children of illegal immigrants. In you haste to criticise, I think you're attempting to read to much into some things being said during a political campaign. I'm much more concerned with what Romney himself actually says and what he has done in the past.
    Last edited by MW; 09-14-2012 at 09:08 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Numbers USA is quite reliable on the candidates with regard to immigration.

Romney's at a B- right now, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Barky's at a predictable F- and that joke Gary Johnson is an abysmal F.

Tell me who is the best running candidate on immigration as things stand right now.

Romney scores an "excellent" on oppose amnesty/legalization, secure the border, mandating e-verify and supporting local law enforcement.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/a...n-stances.html
    Touche! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Touche! Thank you.

Well, key phrase being "as it stands right now".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Well, key phrase being "as it stands right now".

NumbersUSA is a legitimate source (I'm a big fan of theirs) and I'm sure there on top of things, especially this close to the elections.

I know Fox liked the fact that Perry provided in-state tuition for illegals but I've never heard him mention support for Romney. I think such a comment deserves a source so folks can check it out themselves. Thank you.
    A speech Fox gave, I think Friday or Thurs. in Chicago, and he referred to the "two new Presidents" would work immigration out. I think it was a thread on Alipac Friday.

Add'l info: Athread starte by Jean on Fri/9-14 from Cronkite News, article titled FORMER MEXICO PRESIDENT: dEAL WITH IMMIGRATION AT FEDERAL LEVEL
    Last edited by kevinssdad; 09-15-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: ADD'L INFO ADDED

Banned
    You specifically said that Romney differed with King on what to do with the so-called dreamers, didn't you? Nothing you provided here even mentions the children of illegal immigrants. In you haste to criticise, I think you're attempting to read to much into some things being said during a political campaign. I'm much more concerned with what Romney himself actually says and what he has done in the past.
    Like what he actually said during the primaries to dupe the voters and then after he's secured the nomination, never to hear again on what he plans to do with the deferred action? His campaign does not agree with Steve, if not on the dreamers, then what exactly does he not agree with him on? That illegals should be deported?? That illegals should not continue to receive benefits? The campaign issued the statement because they certainly did not agree with Steve either on his entire stance on illegal immigration or an aspect of it, and so we're left wondering what exactly they don't agree with. And that instills doubt in the voters' minds about whether is truly serious about dealing with the issue in a firm manner or instead will waffle and go the Bush direction.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    A speech Fox gave, I think Friday or Thurs. in Chicago, and he referred to the "two new Presidents" would work immigration out. I think it was a thread on Alipac Friday.

Add'l info: Athread starte by Jean on Fri/9-14 from Cronkite News, article titled FORMER MEXICO PRESIDENT: dEAL WITH IMMIGRATION AT FEDERAL LEVEL
    Nice to know the former leader of a foreign nation has the utmost confidence that our politicians will work for their benefit as opposed to that of the American population. What a great country we live in in which everyone, including those outside our borders, can have a say on how they think we should run our country.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123