Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TRUMP: PENTAGON WILL BUILD WALL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TRUMP: PENTAGON WILL BUILD WALL

TRUMP: PENTAGON WILL BUILD WALL

Trump says he could use the MILITARY to build his wall if Congress won't fund it through Homeland Security's budget - and he won't rule out another government shutdown to get his way

• DailyMail.com asked the president on Air Force One if he was considering using the Army Corps of Engineers to build his border wall
    • Congress has been stingy with a Homeland Security budget for the project, providing barely $3 billion and leaving another $25 billion unfunded
    • Pentagon officials say the Corps of Engineers is suited to perform the work and Trump has boasted about budget increases he has won for the Pentagon
    • Trump says: 'We have two options: We have military, we have homeland security'
    • He also said he won't take a government shutdown off the table if Democrats on Capitol Hill keep playing hardball because of immigration politics
    • He believes a shutdown would be strategically and politically smart
    • But many Republican lawmakers are counseling patience because they fear being blamed for a shutdown in the final month of re-elecion campaigns

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com In Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    Published: 19:36 EDT, 7 September 2018 | Updated: 23:51 EDT, 7 September 2018
    1.3k shares
    1.1k View comments

President Donald Trump said Friday that he's considering using military resources to finish construction of his long-promised border wall instead of relying on Congress to fund the project through the Homeland Security Department's budget.
    He also wouldn't eliminate the possibility of a government shutdown if Democrats continue to confound his efforts to appropriate money for the project on the U.S.-Mexico border.
    'We have two options,' he told DailyMail.com aboard Air Force One as he flew from Billings, Montana to Fargo, North Dakota. 'We have military, we have homeland security.'
    He was asked specifically about using the Army Corps of Engineers as a taxpayer-funded construction crew.

+6

President Donald Trump said Friday that he's considering using military resources to finish construction of his long-promised border wall, as she spoke to the press on Air Force One, above on Friday

+6

'We have two options,' he told DailyMail.com aboard Air Force One as he flew from Billings, Montana to Fargo, North Dakota. 'We have military, we have homeland security'

Trump said he would prefer to fund the ambitious construction 'the old-fashioned way – get it from Congress – but I have other options if I have to.'
    He's seeking about $25 billion.
    The possibility of diverting Pentagon funding and assets to build a border wall is a hole card the president is holding but has never directly acknowledged before.
    Two Defense Department officials told DailyMail.com in August that the Army Corps of Engineers could take on the task.
    'They build levees that hold back massive walls of water,' one said of the agency. 'They can build one to hold back drugs and human traffickers.'
    The White House appears headed for another confrontation with Congress over an increase in funding for the project after securing $1.6 billion for 2007 and the same amount for this year.

+6

A Homeland Security border patrol vehicle monitors the border area where prototypes of US President Donald Trump's proposed border wall are standing in this November 2017 file photo

A senior White House official said Thursday that the money was 'basically a down-payment on the thing'.
    The possibility looms that the president will refuse to sign the next federal budget, due September 30, if lawmakers don't go along with more installments. That would trigger a government shutdown.
    'If it were up – I don't want to say "up to me," because it is up to me – I would do it,' he said aboard Air Force One, 'because I think it's a great political issue.'
    But he said some Republicans in Congress, facing tough re-election fights, have counseled more patience.
    'They have races, they're doing well, they're up,' Trump explained. 'And you know, the way they look at it: might be good, might be bad.'
    Typically the party in power, in this case the GOP, would shoulder most of the blame for interrupted government services. National security and military operations wouldn't be affected.

+6

Trump said he would prefer to fund the ambitious construction 'the old-fashioned way – get it from Congress – but I have other options if I have to.' he is pictured above speaking with the press on Air Force One on Friday

+6

The Army Corps of Engineers are seen above in this file photo repairing damage to the middle breakwater caused by Hurricane Marie in Long Beach, California, in January 2015

Several Videos at the page link

Thursday night in Billings, he told a Fox News Channel interviewer that 'we need Republicans elected in the midterms'.
    'We are getting the wall done. But I've had so many people, good people, great people – they would rather not do [it] before [November]. They'd rather do it right after the election.'
    Trump said he still wants to persuade Congress – preferably one reinforced with more Republicans – to write the checks he wants.
    'Politically speaking, I'd rather get it through Congress. If we don't, I'm looking at that option very seriously,' he said aboard Air Force One on Friday, referring to the Defense Department.
    In Sioux Falls, South Dakota on Friday evening the president assured a crowd of about 600 supporters that 'we're building the wall!'
    'It works so easily!' he said. 'They say walls don't work? Tell Israel.'

+6

Border Patrol agents confer next to the U.S-Mexico border fence, as seen from a helicopter on May 11, 2017 in San Diego, California

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-fund-DHS.html

Do It: President Trump Tells Reporters He May Use Military to Build Great Border Wall

September 7, 2018

Jim Hoft

US President Donald Trump inspects border wall prototypes in San Diego, California on March 13, 2018. / AFP PHOTO / MANDEL NGAN (Photo credit should read MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images)

President Donald Trump said Friday he’s considering using the military to finish construction of the border wall.

Trump may use the Army Corps of Engineers to finish the project and go around Congress.

The Daily Mail reported:

President Donald Trump said Friday that he’s considering using military resources to finish construction of his long-promised border wall instead of relying on Congress to fund the project through the Homeland Security Department’s budget.

He also wouldn’t eliminate the possibility of a government shutdown if Democrats continue to confound his efforts to appropriate money for the project on the U.S.-Mexico border.

‘We have two options,’ he told DailyMail.com aboard Air Force One as he flew from Billings, Montana to Fargo, North Dakota. ‘We have military, we have homeland security.’

He was asked specifically about using the Army Corps of Engineers as a taxpayer-funded construction crew.

Ann Coulter was thrilled with the news.

If this is true, the blue wave will be a mere ripple. pic.twitter.com/2u5umkUgdW

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) September 8, 2018
    "Pentagon officials say the Corps of Engineers is suited to perform the work" https://t.co/veoMiSJaEF Do it, @realDonaldTrump!!! https://t.co/99sSUJmPQs
    — Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) September 8, 2018

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...t-border-wall/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 09-08-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Our military built the Alaska Highway in less than 10 months due to FEAR of Japanese invasion!

We ARE being invaded...WE live in fear in our own cities due to ILLEGAL ALIENS!

Sign an Executive Order to deploy the troops, the Army Corps of Engineers and get that WALL build now!

ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS APPREHENDED MUST BE HANDED OVER TO ICE AND DEPORTED ON THE SPOT!

WE CANNOT HOUSE, FEED, EDUCATE AND GIVE HEALTHCARE TO 2 BILLION PEOPLE ON THE PLANET!

SEND THEM BACK IN 48 HOURS...STOP THEM PAYING COYOTES...STOP THE HUMAN TRAFFICKING!

GO HOME AND FIX YOUR OWN DAMN COUNTRY!

GO AFTER EMPLOYERS...MAXIMUM FINES AND JAIL TIME FOR THEM TOO!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Airbornesapper07 View Post

'If it were up – I don't want to say "up to me," because it is up to me – I would do it,' he said aboard Air Force One, 'because I think it's a great political issue.'

Disgusting!!! To you Donald J. Trump it is a great political issue, not what is best for our country! It is not about saving the lives of American Citizens or saving our country, to you it is a great political issue.

It is also most likely another of your lies to get votes. Yes, you could have done this months ago, you could write the order today, but instead you send this message for votes, and will stab the voters in the back once again.

Do it! No more all talk and no action!
    Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 09-08-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

If I were Donald Trump, I would say at every speech going forward, my efforts to stop the scourge of illegal immigration and excess legal immigration have been blocked by the courts, blocked by DemoQuacks in the Congress, blocked by Sanctuary Cities and Sanctuary States, and blocked by Never Trump open border globalists within the Republican Party. Therefore, I'm not spending one more minute beyond what our agencies, bureaucrats and technocrats can or will do until the American People give me both a Majority in the US House of Representatives and 60 Republican Senators who will support all 70 points, not 50, not 65, but all 70 of my 70 point plan to solve the problem of massive illegal and excess legal immigration into the United States.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn