Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX. 'ICE' conducting Criminal Alien operation in Navarro County

'ICE' conducting immigration operation in county

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Image courtesy Department of Homeland Security

Posted: Friday, July 24, 2015 3:57 pm | Updated: 3:58 pm, Fri Jul 24, 2015.
    From Staff Reports

Navarro County is the target of a special enforcement operation underway targeting individuals federal officials are calling “criminal aliens.”

Officers from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Dallas are in Corsicana and Navarro County for the operation, and are being assisted by local law enforcement agencies, said Carl Rusnok, a spokesman for ICE.

Criminal aliens are non-U.S. citizens who have been convicted of a crime or crimes, Rusnok said.

“These enforcement operations help protect public safety by removing dangerous criminal aliens from the streets and from the country,” the agency said in a statement emailed to the Daily Sun.

“With the common goal of public safety, ICE routinely works with local law enforcement,” the release said.

The agency said an outreach officer is communicating with family members who may be impacted by the arrests.

Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner said his agency was contacted by Immigration officials to provide support for the Navarro County operation.

“We are cooperating with officers from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to provide any assistance they may need,” Tanner said. “Our goal, as it is every day, is to work to ensure the safety of the citizens of Navarro County.”

Corsicana Police Chief Randy Bratton confirmed city police are also working with immigration officials in the effort.

“We are assisting the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency in the city limits of Corsicana to locate and secure criminal aliens, to address public safety concerns,” Bratton said.

A social media page identifying itself as a local immigration rights group posted notifications about the ongoing ICE operation and was organizing informational meetings.

At least one TV news crew was observed on the courthouse grounds in front of the Navarro County Courthouse to report on a protest in front of the Justice Center early Friday afternoon.

No information has been released as to the scope of the operation or how many arrests had been made a press time Friday.

—————
    http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/new...4bccc6211.html

You may reach the Daily Sun newsroom by email at news@corsicanadailysun.com
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 07-27-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WOW, that sure makes it plain whose side the Daily Sun is on publishing "a special enforcement operation is underway." I wonder how many criminal aliens that were in Navarro county this morning are in Dallas, Tarrant, Ellis or Henderson counties tonight. It seems that this news agency needs to be charged with aiding and abetting! American press has a natural way of angering me! They are still in business, that must mean surrounding community supports the paper and illegals! Oh my, Americans that still do not know who is really on their side? Very depressing.

How many criminal aliens can read English?

How many criminal aliens buy an English newspaper to get their local news?
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 07-24-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How does that justify possible damage was done? Many of them will have English speaking friends, maybe even Americans. If the paper printed it, in rural areas it is likely the radio station broadcasted it.

The kids went to school and talked about the I.C.E. raid across the street at 6:00 a.m., the adults went to work and talked about the I.C.E. raid down the street and the teens went to Facebook, etc. and told everyone before class even started.
    They get warnings from people all over town.
    They don't rely on an English language newspaper for their info.
    NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

I'm smiling JohnDoe2, I hope you do too. Kids or adults talking is rumor until substantiated. The newspaper did that!

Have a good night! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Federal agents detain migrants in Corsicana operation

By DIANNE SOLÍS dsolis@dallasnews.com
    Staff Writer
    Published: 25 July 2015 10:43 PM
    Updated: 25 July 2015 10:43 PM

Federal agents apprehended several immigrants in the Corsicana area in a three-day operation aimed at those with criminal records, a spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and others said Saturday.

ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok did not give any indication of how many people were taken into custody Thursday through Saturday in Navarro County and declined to confirm reports that it was more than 100.

“These enforcement operations help protect public safety by removing dangerous criminal aliens from the streets and from the country,” Rusnok said in a prepared statement. “ICE’s outreach officer is communicating directly with family members who are impacted.”

Community members, including four Dallas attorneys, met with Latino families Friday night to calm residents and offer free legal consultations, said Jose Manuel Santoya, a Dallas college student from Corsicana.

“People were caught off-guard and panicked,” Santoya said.

“Immigration came into one home and had to decide who to take — the mom or the dad. They had to leave one parent because there were children.”

Some families reported that agents worked with sheriff’s deputies and arrived at homes before dawn, Santoya said.

Rusnok would not detail the convictions of those apprehended.

Santoya said some taken into custody were legal residents. He said their criminal records included vandalism, traffic tickets and driving while intoxicated charges.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state...-operation.ece

NO AMNESTY

Left one adult because of kids, so now ICE makes such decisions that judges should make?

I don't doubt that it might have been 100 arrested from what I know of the area. I do not doubt that it could have been more if the press had kept still for another 24 hours. Before I retired I worked in that area. Probably if they moved to the east one county, ICE could do as well or better.

Why aren't they releasing the numbers arrested? Are they disappointing for lack of cooperation from locals? The story does not offer backslaps for local authorities as I remember as being usual. The story that surfaced Friday the sheriff said his office had been contacted to provide support. He said nothing of cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    . . . Why aren't they releasing the numbers arrested? . . .
    It's the weekend and the I.C.E. information officer works Mon.-Fri. Wait until Mon. or Tue. and the info will be made available.
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 07-26-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast