Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Flag Banned at School

U.S. Flag Banned Amid Racial Tensions

LONGMONT, Colo. (April 1) - Dozens of high school students protested a temporary school policy forbidding students from displaying the U.S. flag - as well as flags from other countries - amid racial tensions following immigration rallies.

Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said American flags were brazenly waved in the faces of Hispanic students and in one case a Mexican flag was thrown into the face of another student.

"When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it," Stumpf said. "They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

Students were warned about the policy Friday and several were suspended, although Stumpf would not provide details. Then, about 100 students protested during lunch time.

Student Dustin Carlson told Denver station KCNC-TV that he was suspended for two days.

"I'm getting suspended for it and personally I think that's uncalled for," he said. "If this country means freedom, then why can't we fly our own flag? It's ridiculous."

Thousands of high school students Friday in California, Texas, Nevada and other states protested the tough immigration laws proposed in the House. Some waved Mexican flags and carried signs saying "We are not criminals."

On Monday, about 150 high school students, including some from Skyline, protested in Longmont.

"People are taking it to a whole other level," said Laura Avitia. "I don't think they know why we were protesting

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/artic ... 14&cid=505
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Shaking head.

IT's OK for them to create problems, be here illegally, protest on our streets, demand our rights, but WHEN OUR AMERICAN CHILDREN start standing up for America and our flag because they have seen and heard enough, some Meixican coddling principal suspends legal citizens and BANS OUR FLAG.

This is going to get very ugly, and only a matter of time till we see something horribly ugly occur.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I'm afraid you're right PintoBean and I feel it's going to be in the near future.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've opted out of going into New York today...my sources have a feeling it could get ugly if a LARGE crowd shows up. Part of me does not want it to as I live here, but the other part of me is hoping for a holly war.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Banned
    Y'all may want to send this fool an e-mail expressing your displeasure at this man's blatant disregard of American students rights.
    a copy of my e-mail to him follows...

stumpf_thomas@stvrain.k12.co.us

Mr. Stumpf,

I cannot believe that you would suspend American students for exercising their rights to wave American flags in the face of the protests by illegal aliens waving Mexico's flag in THEIR faces.

Are you aware that the State of Colorado is STILL in the United States? It is obvious that you didn't major in geography.

"When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it," Stumpf said. "They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

I fail to see the counter-protests as 'vilifying other people', when those people vilify America with their illegal presence and demands for 'rights' that are guaranteed ONLY to this country's CITIZENS. I would also like to ask how these kids patriotism is 'misguided'? They see their country and it's flag dis-respected by people who have violated the law to be here, and when they react with righteous indignation, you treat them as if THEY are the problem.

For a high school principal, you have a very poor grasp of civics and citizenship. Maybe you are in need of some remedial courses to bring you up to speed.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Hermann

Where's the Sate Attorney on this, better yet, blame the President--any blood that is spilled will be on his hands for not enforcing our existing immigration laws.

BUSH IS A LIAR AND A TRAITOR
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very good email, PSG....and I agree with you...stumpf is an idiot but he falls in line with other pc idiots so neatly.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

"They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

I can't believe this, the Confederate Flag was banned because it was "offensive" and NOW the American flag flown on our soil is "offensive" to those that are illegally here . . . UNBELIEVEABLE
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

My email to stumpf,

Mr Stumpf,
    I heartily DISagree with your decision to suspend an American student for waving OUR flag....that is an American student with First Amendment rights flying in the face of an ILLEGAL student who is NOT endowed with the same.

You want to suspend flying the Stars and Stripes at an American school funded by American tax dollars. How easily you surrender our rights, are you ashamed of being and American?? Those students that you suspended have more patriotism in their little fingers than you have in your entire soul.

Sir, I suggest that you gain some perspective on WHO you are and WHERE you are. If you don't like America, won't stand up for Americans then perhaps you should move to Mexico where you will be more comfortable.

Meantime, Sir, growing a pair might be in order.

Thank you,
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Banned
    Well said, RR.

I hope he gets 50 just like it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast