Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WELCOME Momto5!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Welcome Momto5,

We have problems with overcrowded schools and illegal aliens in NC too. It's happening all over the USA, some places much worse than others.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by txsawb
    How could anyone say that they are not a drain on our schools. When they have to hire spanish speaking teachers to teach tahe illegals. Like they will ever learn english like this.

voted

Throughout my schooling in the Los Angeles Unified School District I don't think I've ever had a teacher who spoke Spanish. In middle school I had an English teacher who had a Spanish last name but it would be assumption to think she spoke Spanish since I never heard her speak it despite the fact that all of our class was made up of Latino kids. I am an immigrant and early on in my schooling I was labeled an “ESL” kid.

I wonder how prevalent the hiring of Spanish speaking teachers for the sake of teaching kids who do not speak Spanish is. As it is for all of us, I can only speak of my personal experiences. I know this diverges from the topic but I couldn’t help but wonder.

Should states fund tuition for illegal aliens?

a. Yes (2%)

b. No (98%)

c. Not sure (0%)

70,609 total votes
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So basically illegal children are a drain on the already frail public school system. Like where I live in Texas. I get that. But I'm trying to pick out the induvidual reasons. They are not clear to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12