Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

POLL: Should English Be the Official Language?

Should English be the United States' official language?

Former House Speaker and 2012 presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich recently shared what he called a “humaneâ€

working4change
    Thank you for voting!

America is a multilingual society and should stay that way. All races, ethnicities and languages are welcome, and we should try to accommodate their language needs.
    6.63% (1,021 votes)

This is America -- English should be our official language. If you choose to be here, you need to learn the language
    66.66% (10,268 votes)

We should make it official, but we have to provide English classes for those who don’t speak the language
    16.59% (2,556 votes)

Official or not, kids should be required to take English in school. For adults, we just need better resources to learn, and to get by in their native languages until they do.
    8.95% (1,379 votes)

Other -- add in comments.
    1.16% (179 votes

Thank you for voting!
    America is a multilingual society and should stay that way. All races, ethnicities and languages are welcome, and we should try to accommodate their language needs. 6.42% (1,026 votes)

This is America -- English should be our official language. If you choose to be here, you need to learn the language 67.41% (10,771 votes)

We should make it official, but we have to provide English classes for those who don’t speak the language 16.28% (2,602 votes)

Official or not, kids should be required to take English in school. For adults, we just need better resources to learn, and to get by in their native languages until they do. 8.73% (1,395 votes)

Other -- add in comments. 1.16% (185 votes)

Total Votes: 15,979
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you, we have already counted your vote.
    America is a multilingual society and should stay that way. All races, ethnicities and languages are welcome, and we should try to accommodate their language needs. 6.34% (1,029 votes)

This is America -- English should be our official language. If you choose to be here, you need to learn the language 67.81% (11,010 votes)

We should make it official, but we have to provide English classes for those who don’t speak the language 16.11% (2,615 votes)

Official or not, kids should be required to take English in school. For adults, we just need better resources to learn, and to get by in their native languages until they do. 8.6% (1,397 votes)

Other -- add in comments. 1.15% (186 votes)

Total Votes: 16,237
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is America -- English should be our official language. If you choose to be here, you need to learn the language 73.39% (17,953 votes)
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well this is american Not no other country is it so it should be
    English
    Hello & when you do come over for a visit you should
    learn the Language that the way it is
    who think of this ?
    the Language Is English
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It should be English out in public, however, at home you can speak whatever babble you want to..............long as I don't have to listen to it.!

"When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

http://matadornetwork.com/bnt/should...onal-language/
    this is an old article but I thought I would post it. I disagree with the writer when he says because of language we do not know as much about other peoples in other countries. I think it is because over the years the young people in our country are being dumbed down. "dumbing down"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast