Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term T

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term Total

February 11, 2013
    By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.

There have been 65,376,373 background checks completed for Americans purchasing firearms since February of 2009, the first full month of Barack Obama's presidency.

According to data compiled by the FBI, the number of Americans purchasing guns has skyrocketed since Obama was elected.

In 2009, there were 13,984,953 background checks for Americans buying firearms. If we subtract the 1,212,860 checks completed in the month of January, the total checks for the year under Obama were 12,772,090.

For 2010, background checks totaled 14,320,489. In 2011, checks were 16,336,732, and in 2012, 19,463,832. Background checks for the month of January 2013 were 2,483,230.

This totals 65,376,373 background checks completed since President Obama's first full month in office, or 44,748 background checks per day!

By comparison, the number of background checks in Obama's first term is 91.1% higher than President George W. Bush's first-term total of 34,214,066.

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term Total | CNS News

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

S&W Creates Convenient Way To Express Support For Gun Rights

February 13, 2013 by Bob Livingston

Gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson has joined Sturm, Ruger & Co. in making it easy for citizens to contact the political class and remind them to stand up for the 2nd Amendment.
    S&W has set up a Web page so that anyone can choose to either click on a link to send a prepared message to each of his representatives (the President, Vice President, U.S. Senators and Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, State Senator and Representative) or select another link to find how to contact each one individually in order to send an original message.

The prepared message reads:

Dear (Recipient),
    As a law-abiding citizen and a responsible gun owner, I am deeply saddened by the recent tragedies and I support efforts to curb violence in all forms. However, I do not support the efforts of Congress, the White House or any lawmaker who seeks to restrict my rights under the Second Amendment, or to impose new restrictions on me and other law-abiding firearm owners.

Rather, I support a comprehensive approach to preventing violence in our communities through a thorough evaluation of the challenges we face. That review must include the enforcement of existing laws, the need for heightened security approaches, and greater consideration on how to better manage the acutely mentally ill.

As a law-abiding citizen and a constituent, I ask that you represent me in these matters.

Sincerely,
    (Your Contact Information)

Ruger prepared a similar page and message in January, as we reported here.

While momentum for a full gun ban along the lines of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban is waning, the impetus for registration, background checks and a host of other gun control measures remains. While it might seem redundant to send a second message (if you followed through on Ruger’s site or have contacted your representatives yourself), now is not the time to relax. The political class needs to understand that gun owners are serious about preserving their gun rights.

S&W Creates Convenient Way To Express Support For Gun Rights : Personal Liberty Digest™
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)