Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

DEM STRATEGIST: 'PARTY IS F****D'

DEM STRATEGIST: 'PARTY IS F****D'

by MIKE FLYNN 28 Oct 2013, 10:06 AM PDT 951POST A COMMENT
    Ron Fournier, an honest liberal at National Journal, reported Monday that a senior Democrat strategist, with close ties to the White House, sent him an email over the weekend. The subject line was "Dem Party Is F****d." The substance of the email was the ongoing failures with ObamaCare. Not the website problems, however. The looming problem for the Democrat party is the actual impact of the program.

In his email, the Democrat strategists excerpted a story from the LA Times about the sticker shock many middle class Californians were experiencing with the new insurance policies under ObamaCare. President Obama repeatedly promised that "if you like your plan, you can keep it." It turns out, that wasn't true. The coverage mandates in ObamaCare have forced many insurers to cancel their existing policies, forcing individuals into more expensive coverage.
    "I was all for Obamacare," wrote a young woman complaining about a 50 percent rate hike, "until I found out I was paying for it."
    ObamaCare was passed over three years ago. Democrats, at the time, predicted that the public would come to approve the new program after it was implemented. Just four weeks into implementation, Democrats are scurrying to mitigate the effects of the law. Vulnerable Democrats in the Senate are pushing to delay the individual mandate, an action that would completely undo the economic assumptions underlying ObamaCare.
    Seasoned Democrats may worry that the party is f****d because of ObamaCare, but they may still win a reprieve. The GOP Establishment has declared war on the Tea Party, whose every prognostication of ObamaCare has been proved right. Typically, the GOP is ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...m-Party-is-Fed
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

KENTUCKY GOVERNOR: 21,000 OF 26,000 OBAMACARE SIGN-UPS ARE MEDICAID

Video at the Page Link:

28 Oct 2013, 12:10 PM PDT 22 POST A COMMENT

Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear on NBC's "Meet The Press" said out of his State's 26,000 Obamacare enrollees, 21,000 of them are to Medicaid...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...re-to-Medicaid

Medicaid Obamacare enrollees are one of the groups that will not be paying for healthcare

21,000 not paying

5,000 Paying

this is going to be a Financial Blood Bath For the Middle Class

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-28-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Former Dem Staffer: “I Spent Two Years Defending Obamacare… I Was Wrong. Very Wrong”…

Posted on 28 October, 2013 by Dylan

Via Weasle Zippers

Sue Klinkhamer has a problem.

It’s called Obamacare.

And the irony of her situation is not lost on her. In a recent email addressed to her former boss, Illinois Congressman Bill Foster, and other Democratic colleagues, she wrote:
    “I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can’t put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn’t have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.”
    For Klinkhamer, 60, President Obama’s oft-repeated words ring in her ears: “If you like your health plan, you will keep it.”
    When Klinkhamer lost her congressional job, she had to buy an individual policy on the open market.
    Three years ago, it was $225 a month with a $2,500 deductible. Each year it went up a little to, as of Sept. 1, $291 with a $3,500 deductible. Then, a few weeks ago, she got a letter.
    “Blue Cross,” she said, “stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.”
    She went on, “Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. … Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?”
    The sticker shock Klinkhamer is experiencing is something millions of individual policyholders are reeling from having gotten similar letters from their private insurers.

Keep reading…

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/2...e-wrong-wrong/

FORMER DEM STAFFER WHO FOUGHT FOR OBAMACARE MAKES HUGE ADMISSION IN EMAIL TO HER OLD BOSS

Oct. 28, 2013 5:55pm Jason Howerton

Sue Klinkhamer spent two years defending and fighting for Obamacare while working for Congressman Bill Foster (D-Ill.). But now that she’s seen the effect of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul on her health insurance rates, Klinkhamer is boldly admitting that she was “very wrong.”
    In a recent email sent to her former boss, Rep. Foster, and other Democratic colleagues, shereportedly wrote [emphasis added]:
    “I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can’t put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn’t have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.”
    So why the sudden change of heart?

Sue Klinkhamer. Source: Daily Herald

She learned that President Obama’s promise, “if you like your health plan, you can keep it,” was not true for everyone.

When Foster lost his reelection bid, Klinkhamer was out of a job and in need of individual insurance. Three years ago, she reportedly paid $225 a month with a $2,500 deductible. Her rates steadily increased and she was paying $291 a month with a $3,500 deductible as of Sept. 1, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
    Then she got “the letter” that people across the country are currently receiving in the mail.
    “Blue Cross stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible,” Klinkhamer wrote.
    “Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. … Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?” she added.
    Klinkhamer says she is still a Democrat and believes in “health care for all,” but argued “this is not affordable to me.”
    “Just call it, the Available Care Act,” she quipped.
    (H/T: Weasel Zippers)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ing-admission/

Obamacare jacks up her insurance

By CAROL MARIN October 25, 2013 8:50PM

Debate between Chris Lauzen and Sue Klinkhamer, two candidates for Kane County Board Chairman in St Charles on Thursday, Oct. 04, 2012. | Donnell Collins~For Sun-Times Media

Updated: October 27, 2013 2:38AM

Sue Klinkhamer has a problem.
    It’s called Obamacare.

And the irony of her situation is not lost on her. In a recent email addressed to her former boss, Illinois Congressman Bill Foster, and other Democratic colleagues, she wrote:
    For Klinkhamer, 60, President Obama’s oft-repeated words ring in her ears: “If you like your health plan, you will keep it.”
    Well, possibly not.

When Klinkhamer lost her congressional job, she had to buy an individual policy on the open market.
    Three years ago, it was $225 a month with a $2,500 deductible. Each year it went up a little to, as of Sept. 1, $291 with a $3,500 deductible. Then, a few weeks ago, she got a letter.
    “Blue Cross,” she said, “stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.”
    She went on, “Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. ... Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?”
    The sticker shock Klinkhamer is experiencing is something millions of individual policyholders are reeling from having gotten similar letters from their private insurers.
    As UCLA Public Policy expert Dr. Gerald F. Kominski told CBS News this week, “Half of the 14 million people who buy insurance on their own are not going to keep the policies they previously had.”
    Part of the reason those policies will be more expensive, he explained, is that Obamacare is requiring insurers to offer “a better product with better protection.”
    Congressman Foster, Klinkhamer’s former boss who has since been returned to Congress, told me by phone Friday, “A very large number of people are very grateful” for Obamacare.
    No doubt about that.
    But right now Sue Klinkhamer, no novice to government or public policy, isn’t among them.
    “I am a Democrat and I believe in health care for all,” she said.
    “And I was excited that previously uninsured people could now get insurance on the open market. But this is not affordable to me.”
    Klinkhamer suggests renaming the Affordable Care Act.
    “Just call it,” she said dryly, “the Available Care Act.”

Email: cmarin@suntimes.com
    Twitter: @CarolMarin

http://www.suntimes.com/news/marin/2...insurance.html

CBS News Features Distraught Woman Paying 10 Times More for Insurance Due to Obamacare…

Posted on 28 October, 2013 by Dylan

(MEDIAITE) -- A visibly distraught woman who recently lost her health insurance plan because of the new requirements within the Affordable Care Act recently expressed her frustrations to CBS News. In a report about the number of people losing their health plans, in spite of assurances by the president, one Florida woman choked up slightly while revealing that she will have to pay more than $500 monthly for the coverage she previously paid just $50 for.

CBS News’ Jan Crawford reported on Monday that the ACA’s broken federal website is unlikely to be fully functional until after weeks of repair work. In the interim, she reported, millions of Americans are losing their health insurance plans and are being told that they will have to pay far more for their current level of coverage.

Read more via Mediaite…

Video at the Page Link:

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/2...due-obamacare/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast