Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Meghan McCain: 'Old School Republicans' Are 'Scared S**tless

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/0 ... e-old.html

Meghan McCain: 'Old School Republicans' Are 'Scared S**tless' of the Future

ABC News' Teddy Davis reports:

John McCain's 24-year old daughter told the Log Cabin Republicans on Saturday that "old school Republicans" are "scared s**tless" of the future in a speech calling for a new brand of Republicanism.

"I think we're seeing a war brewing in the Republican Party," said Meghan McCain. "But it is not between us and Democrats. It is not between us and liberals. It is between the future and the past."

She summed up what she learned while campaigning for her father in three points:

"(1) Most of our nation wants our nation to succeed; (2) most people are ready to move on to the future, not live in the past; and (3) most of the old school Republicans are scared shitless of that future."

McCain described her politics as being "faithful to the original core values of the GOP while open to the realities of our changing world."

Without ever explicitly discussing her support for gay marriage, she signaled her affinity with the gay rights group by stating her support for people living "in full equality with each other."

McCain, who recently signed a book deal with Hyperion, told the Log Cabin Republicans that she was proud to join them in "challenging the mold and the notions of what being a Republican means."

To signal her brand of New Age Republicanism, she interspersed references to her tattoo, black clothing, and gay friends in a section of her speech that was otherwise devoted to her political priorities.

"I am concerned about the environment. I love to wear black. I think government is best when it stays out of people's lives and business as much as possible. I love punk rock. I believe in a strong national defense. I have a tattoo. I believe government should always be efficient and accountable. I have lots of gay friends. And yes, I am a Republican," she said to wild applause.

=================================================

Like we really care what this moonbat thinks. Your father is so irrelevant it's not even funny. You ought to be scared s--tless too since your stupid party has been deemed irrelevant and will never again win any election of substance and will never again be the majority in this country once the illegals take over. Sure you might win a seat here and there, but you can forget about winning a Senate seat much less the presidency. I don't know why this piece of crap doesn't just switch over so his being a Dem will be official. Seriously there is not one redeeming quality about McQueen and he wonders why he got crushed in the election. Now he's back to stabbing conservatives in the back.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She summed up what she learned while campaigning for her father in three points:

"(1) Most of our nation wants our nation to succeed; (2) most people are ready to move on to the future, not live in the past; and (3) most of the old school Republicans are scared shitless of that future."
    I am not scared except of what the stupid Congress will do in the area of borders and immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

This little girl needs to get out of the way before the REAL conservatives in this nation trample her in her quest to get attention (as we all can tell, this is what she is doing).

I put little into her and her fathers warped sense of conservatism. They have the values of a cop found in a brothel.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

ELE

We want Democray, Obama wants Communism.

In order for our country to succeed Obama must fail.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If this young person (I was going to say lady, but changed my mind) is an example of the new Republican Party - well then, I guess I'll be voting for third party candidates for a long, long time. She has yet to differentiate between whining and action.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

quote:
    "Without ever explicitly discussing her support for gay marriage, she signaled her affinity with the gay rights group by stating her support for people living "in full equality with each other." "

They sure know how to work that argument. I suggest that people look at photos of even the most recent Gay Pride parades to ascertain as whether equality is really what they are after.

I understand that Meghan McCain is dealing with the idiosyncrasies of her parents, but she has a lot of growing up to do.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I guess MS. Megan McCain wants to be a Senator, too.

It is not between us and liberals
    I disagree with this statement. It IS between us and libs. They are the polar opposite of what most conservatives want for this country. THEY are much of the reason why this country is where it is right now. The libs scream and whine and get violent (think back to when Prop 8 didn't pass) and thats why they seem to be winning right now....

How would she even know? I doubt she even knows any "old school Republicans", her Dad sure isn't one.

It does not surprise me one bit that John McCain's daughter would be out rebelling and cutting up like this.

Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter is caught up in the culture of the left but you did not see her out disgracing her dad like this.

McCain's daughter fits right in with big John, Ted Kennedy, and Lindsay Lohan Graham.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast