Page 347 of 740 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Rothschild’s British Concentration Camps

Submitted by Charleston Voice on Sat, 04/28/2012 - 17:12
    Politics & Law

Rothschild’s British Concentration Camps

...Way Back When, It Was A Means To Usurp/Destroy The Gold/Silver Standard ~ Only Then To Be Replaced By Rothschild’s Keynesian Economics ‘Derivative Fiat Paper’

April 5, 2012 by Volubrjotr

“They are not buried here; they are planted. And they will for ever be growing in the hearts of the Boer people.”

In 1900, Rothschild’s Britain invaded the Boer Republics, stole the gold mines, turned the Western Transvaal into a “smoking desert” (in their own words), imprisoned 110,000 women and children in concentration camps where 28,000 of them died, then, after the war, they tried and shot 2 Boer officers for “misusing a flag of truce”! You’re wasting your time looking for justice in any post-war trial. They are simply a continuation of the war. [Interview] CARLOS W. PORTER

[Red Cross put Dachau at 18,000, Auschwitz at 53,000 deaths. Rothschild's Boer Concentration Camps ~ A report after the war concluded that 27,927 Boers (of whom 24,074 [50% of the Boer child population] were children under 16) had died of starvation, disease and exposure in the concentration camps. In all, about one in four (25%) of the Boer inmates, mostly children, died.]...

Read more + Pics>> Rothschild’s British Concentration Camps

Rothschild
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gary North, Ron Paul Research Assistant: "This is the most effective brief explanation of the FED that I have ever seen. . . ."

Submitted by robbjerk on Tue, 01/31/2012 - 21:33
    Ron Paul 2012

"The Official Counterfeiter" (1969): A Classic Cartoon Booklet on The Federal Reserve System Is Now Online.

Financial consultant Gary North served as research assistant for Congressman Ron Paul in Paul's first term (1976). North says,

"Lockman was a cartoonist for Disney. He did not do the final cartoons. He wrote the story lines and provided accompanying cartoons. Then the in-house Disney cartoonists re-drew them.

Lockman had been reading my essays on the Federal Reserve. He created The Official Counterfeiter as an easy-to-grasp explanation of fractional reserve banking. He updated it in 1974." (garynorth.com 1-31-2012)

The cartoon is written from both an economic and biblical perspective--excellent to share with conservative Christian voters!

You may download a free PDF of "The Official Counterfeiter":
    The Official Counterfeiter « Scriptural Scrutiny

Gary North, Ron Paul Research Assistant: "This is the most effective brief explanation of the FED that I have ever seen. . . ." | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NWO award goes to...Dr. Heinz Kissinger

Submitted by cooper11 on Sat, 04/28/2012 - 18:01
    Events
    Virginia

Dr. Henry Kissinger to Receive Inaugural 'Edmund Burke Award' -- NEW YORK, April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

Kissinger to Receive Award at The New Criterion's 30th Anniversary Celebration

NEW YORK, April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Henry A. Kissinger, former U.S. Secretary of State and National Security Advisor, will receive the inaugural "Edmund Burke Award for Service to Culture and Society" at The New Criterion's 30th Anniversary celebration in New York City at an intimate dinner gathering on Thursday, April 26. The award marks the 30th anniversary of The New Criterion, an influential monthly review of the arts and intellectual life, and gives homage to the inspiration provided by Edmund Burke, the eighteenth-century political philosopher.

Dr. Kissinger will be the guest of honor and will be delivering remarks on "The Limits of Universalism: Conservatism and Neo-conservatism in American Foreign Policy."

"Henry Kissinger is an intellectual giant, a genuine statesmen and scholar in an era sadly lacking in both," remarked Roger Kimball, editor and publisher of The New Criterion. "His service to his adopted country has distinguished him in the annals of American politics and his work as a diplomatic historian has earned him the well-deserved plaudits of knowledgeable observers across the globe. Like Edmund Burke before him, Dr. Kissinger understands the fragile nature of civilization, so difficult of achievement, so easily lost, and, once lost, nearly impossible to retrieve.

It is a great honor as well as a great pleasure for all of us at The New Criterion to bestow upon him our first Edmund Burke Award for Service to Culture and Society."

"The New Criterion has done more than any other magazine to preserve what Matthew Arnold called 'the best which has been thought and said.'" stated Dr. Kissinger. "It is my great pleasure to receive its first Edmund Burke Award, named for the great eighteenth-century Irish statesman and philosopher, who has been a notable model for my own work as a diplomat and historian."

NWO award goes to...Dr. Heinz Kissinger | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul’s UT Austin Town Hall Speech on Restoring America

Infowars.com
    April 28, 2012

2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul attracted an impressive 6,000-plus supporters and undecided voters at his University of Texas at Austin town hall meeting.

Robert Wenzel's 'David' Speech Crushes Federal Reserve's 'Goliath' Dream

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/27/2012 16:08 -0400

In perhaps the most courageous (and likely must-read for future economists) speech ever given inside the New York Fed's shallowed hallowed walls, Economic Policy Journal's Robert Wenzel delivered the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth to the monetary priesthood. Gracious from the start, Wenzel takes the Keynesian clap-trappers to task on almost every nonsensical and oblivious decision they have made in recent years.
    "My views, I suspect, differ from beginning to end... I stand here confused as to how you see the world so differently than I do. I simply do not understand most of the thinking that goes on here at the Fed and I do not understand how this thinking can go on when in my view it smacks up against reality."
    and further...

"I scratch my head that somehow your conclusions about unemployment are so different than mine and that you call for the printing of money to boost 'demand'. A call, I add, that since the founding of the Federal Reserve has resulted in an increase of the money supply by 12,230%."

But his closing was tremendous:

"Let’s have one good meal here. Let’s make it a feast. Then I ask you, I plead with you, I beg you all, walk out of here with me, never to come back. It’s the moral and ethical thing to do. Nothing good goes on in this place. Let’s lock the doors and leave the building to the spiders, moths and four-legged rats."

The Full Speech is below:

Thank you very much for inviting me to speak here at the New York Federal Reserve Bank.

Intellectual discourse is, of course, extraordinarily valuable in reaching truth. In this sense, I welcome the opportunity to discuss my views on the economy and monetary policy and how they may differ with those of you here at the Fed.

That said, I suspect my views are so different from those of you here today that my comments will be a complete failure in convincing you to do what I believe should be done, which is to close down the entire Federal Reserve System

My views, I suspect, differ from beginning to end. From the proper methodology to be used in the science of economics, to the manner in which the macro-economy functions, to the role of the Federal Reserve, and to the accomplishments of the Federal Reserve, I stand here confused as to how you see the world so differently than I do.

I simply do not understand most of the thinking that goes on here at the Fed and I do not understand how this thinking can go on when in my view it smacks up against reality.

Please allow me to begin with methodology, I hold the view developed by such great economic thinkers as Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek and Murray Rothbard that there are no constants in the science of economics similar to those in the physical sciences.

In the science of physics, we know that water freezes at 32 degrees. We can predict with immense accuracy exactly how far a rocket ship will travel filled with 500 gallons of fuel. There is preciseness because there are constants, which do not change and upon which equations can be constructed.

There are no such constants in the field of economics since the science of economics deals with human action, which can change at any time. If potato prices remain the same for 10 weeks, it does not mean they will be the same the following day. I defy anyone in this room to provide me with a constant in the field of economics that has the same unchanging constancy that exists in the fields of physics or chemistry.

And yet, in paper after paper here at the Federal Reserve, I see equations built as though constants do exist. It is as if one were to assume a constant relationship existed between interest rates here and in Russia and throughout the world, and create equations based on this belief and then attempt to trade based on these equations. That was tried and the result was the blow up of the fund Long Term Capital Management, a blow up that resulted in high level meetings in this very building.

It is as if traders assumed a given default rate was constant for subprime mortgage paper and traded on that belief. Only to see it blow up in their faces, as it did, again, with intense meetings being held in this very building.

Yet, the equations, assuming constants, continue to be published in papers throughout the Fed system. I scratch my head.

I also find curious the general belief in the Keynesian model of the economy that somehow results in the belief that demand drives the economy, rather than production. I look out at the world and see iPhones, iPads, microwave ovens, flat screen televisions, which suggest to me that it is production that boosts an economy. Without production of these things and millions of other items, where would we be? Yet, the Keynesians in this room will reply, “But you need demand to buy these products.” And I will reply, “Do you not believe in supply and demand? Do you not believe that products once made will adjust to a market clearing price?”

Further , I will argue that the price of the factors of production will adjust to prices at the consumer level and that thus the markets at all levels will clear. Again do you believe in supply and demand or not?

I scratch my head that somehow most of you on some academic level believe in the theory of supply and demand and how market setting prices result, but yet you deny them in your macro thinking about the economy.

You will argue with me that prices are sticky on the downside, especially labor prices and therefore that you must pump money to get the economy going. And, I will look on in amazement as your fellow Keynesian brethren in the government create an environment of sticky non-downward bending wages.

The economist Robert Murphy reports that President Herbert Hoover continually pressured businessmen to not lower wages.

He quoted Hoover in a speech delivered to a group of businessmen:

In this country there has been a concerted and determined effort on the part of government and business... to prevent any reduction in wages.

He then reports that FDR actually outdid Hoover by seeking to “raise wages rates rather than merely put a floor under them.”

I ask you, with presidents actively conducting policies that attempt to defy supply and demand and prop up wages, are you really surprised that wages were sticky downward during the Great Depression?

In present day America, the government focus has changed a bit. In the new focus, the government attempts much more to prop up the unemployed by extended payments for not working. Is it really a surprise that unemployment is so high when you pay people not to work.? The 2010 Nobel Prize was awarded to economists for their studies which showed that, and I quote from the Noble press release announcing the award:

One conclusion is that more generous unemployment benefits give rise to higher unemployment and longer search times.

Don’t you think it would make more sense to stop these policies which are a direct factor in causing unemployment, than to add to the mess and devalue the currency by printing more money?

I scratch my head that somehow your conclusions about unemployment are so different than mine and that you call for the printing of money to boost “demand”. A call, I add, that since the founding of the Federal Reserve has resulted in an increase of the money supply by 12,230%.

I also must scratch my head at the view that the Federal Reserve should maintain a stable price level. What is wrong with having falling prices across the economy, like we now have in the computer sector, the flat screen television sector and the cell phone sector? Why, I ask, do you want stable prices? And, oh by the way, how’s that stable price thing going for you here at the Fed?

Since the start of the Fed, prices have increased at the consumer level by 2,241% [3]. that’s not me misspeaking, I will repeat, since the start of the Fed, prices have increased at the consumer level by 2,241%.

So you then might tell me that stable prices are only a secondary goal of the Federal Reserve and that your real goal is to prevent serious declines in the economy but, since the start of the Fed, there have been 18 recessions including the Great Depression and the most recent Great Recession. These downturns have resulted in stock market crashes, tens of millions of unemployed and untold business bankruptcies.

I scratch my head and wonder how you think the Fed is any type of success when all this has occurred.

I am especially confused, since Austrian business cycle theory (ABCT), developed by Mises, Hayek and Rothbard, has warned about all these things. According to ABCT, it is central bank money printing that causes the business cycle and, again you here at the Fed have certainly done that by increasing the money supply. Can you imagine the distortions in the economy caused by the Fed by this massive money printing?

According to ABCT, if you print money those sectors where the money goes will boom, stop printing and those sectors will crash. Fed printing tends to find its way to Wall Street and other capital goods sectors first, thus it is no surprise to Austrian school economists that the crashes are most dramatic in these sectors, such as the stock market and real estate sectors. The economist Murray Rothbard in his book America’s Great Depression [4] went into painstaking detail outlining how the changes in money supply growth resulted in the Great Depression.

On a more personal level, as the recent crisis was developing here, I warned throughout the summer of 2008 of the impending crisis. On July 11, 2008 at EconomicPolicyJournal.com, I wrote:

SUPER ALERT: Dramatic Slowdown In Money Supply Growth

After growing at near double digit rates for months, money growth has slowed dramatically. Annualized money growth over the last 3 months is only 5.2%. Over the last two months, there has been zero growth in the M2NSA money measure.

This is something that must be watched carefully. If such a dramatic slowdown continues, a severe recession is inevitable.

We have never seen such a dramatic change in money supply growth from a double digit climb to 5% growth. Does Bernanke have any clue as to what the hell he is doing?

On July 20, 2008, I wrote:

I have previously noted that over the last two months money supply has been collapsing. M2NSA has gone from double digit growth to nearly zero growth.

A review of the credit situation appears worse. According to recent Fed data, for the 13 weeks ended June 25, bank credit (securities and loans) contracted at an annual rate of 7.9%.

There has been a minor blip up since June 25 in both credit growth and M2NSA, but the growth rates remain extremely slow.

If a dramatic turnaround in these numbers doesn't happen within the next few weeks, we are going to have to warn of a possible Great Depression style downturn.

Yet, just weeks before these warnings from me, Chairman Bernanke, while the money supply growth was crashing, had a decidedly much more optimistic outlook, In a speech on June 9, 2008, At the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s 53rd Annual Economic Conference [7], he said:

I would like to provide a brief update on the outlook for the economy and policy, beginning with the prospects for growth. Despite the unwelcome rise in the unemployment rate that was reported last week, the recent incoming data, taken as a whole, have affected the outlook for economic activity and employment only modestly. Indeed, although activity during the current quarter is likely to be weak, the risk that the economy has entered a substantial downturn appears to have diminished over the past month or so. Over the remainder of 2008, the effects of monetary and fiscal stimulus, a gradual ebbing of the drag from residential construction, further progress in the repair of financial and credit markets, and still-solid demand from abroad should provide some offset to the headwinds that still face the economy.

I believe the Great Recession that followed is still fresh enough in our minds so it is not necessary to recount in detail as to whose forecast, mine or the chairman’s, was more accurate.

I am also confused by many other policy making steps here at the Federal Reserve. There have been more changes in monetary policy direction during the Bernanke era then at any other time in the modern era of the Fed. Not under Arthur Burns, not under G. William Miller, not under Paul Volcker, not under Alan Greenspan have there been so many dramatically shifting Fed monetary policy moves. Under Chairman Bernanke there have been significant changes in direction of the money supply growth FIVE different times. Thus, for me, I am not at all surprised at the current stop and go economy. The current erratic monetary policy makes it exceedingly difficult for businessmen to make any long term plans. Indeed, in my own Daily Alert on the economy [8] I find it extremely difficult to give long term advice, when in short periods I have seen three month annualized M2 money growth go from near 20% to near zero, and then in another period see it go from 25% to 6%.

I am also confused by many of the monetary programs instituted by Chairman Bernanke. For example, Operation Twist.

This is not the first time an Operation Twist was tried. an Operation Twist was tried in 1961, at the start of the Kennedy Administration [10] A paper [11] was written by three Federal Reserve economists in 2004 that, in part, examined the 1960's Operation Twist

Their conclusion (My bold):

A second well-known historical episode involving the attempted manipulation of the term structure was so-called Operation Twist. Launched in early 1961 by the incoming Kennedy Administration, Operation Twist was intended to raise short-term rates (thereby promoting capital inflows and supporting the dollar) while lowering, or at least not raising, long-term rates. (Modigliani and Sutch 1966).... The two main actions of Operation Twist were the use of Federal Reserve open market operations and Treasury debt management operations..Operation Twist is widely viewed today as having been a failure, largely due to classic work by Modigliani and Sutch....

However, Modigliani and Sutch also noted that Operation Twist was a relatively small operation, and, indeed, that over a slightly longer period the maturity of outstanding government debt rose significantly, rather than falling...Thus, Operation Twist does not seem to provide strong evidence in either direction as to the possible effects of changes in the composition of the central bank’s balance sheet...

We believe that our findings go some way to refuting the strong hypothesis that nonstandard policy actions, including quantitative easing and targeted asset purchases, cannot be successful in a modern industrial economy. However, the effects of such policies remain quantitatively quite uncertain.

One of the authors of this 2004 paper was Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke. Thus, I have to ask, what the hell is Chairman Bernanke doing implementing such a program, since it is his paper that states it was a failure according to Modigliani, and his paper implies that a larger test would be required to determine true performance.

I ask, is the Chairman using the United States economy as a lab with Americans as the lab rats to test his intellectual curiosity about such things as Operation Twist?

Further, I am very confused by the response of Chairman Bernanke to questioning by Congressman Ron Paul. To a seemingly near off the cuff question by Congressman Paul on Federal Reserve money provided to the Watergate burglars, Chairman Bernanke contacted the Inspector General’s Office of the Federal Reserve and requested an investigation [12]. Yet, the congressman has regularly asked about the gold certificates held by the Federal Reserve [13] and whether the gold at Fort Knox backing up the certificates will be audited. Yet there have been no requests by the Chairman to the Treasury for an audit of the gold.This I find very odd. The Chairman calls for a major investigation of what can only be an historical point of interest but fails to seek out any confirmation on a point that would be of vital interest to many present day Americans.

In this very building, deep in the underground vaults, sits billions of dollars of gold, held by the Federal Reserve for foreign governments. The Federal Reserve gives regular tours of these vaults, even to school children. [14] Yet, America’s gold is off limits to seemingly everyone and has never been properly audited. Doesn’t that seem odd to you? If nothing else, does anyone at the Fed know the quality and fineness of the gold at Fort Knox?

In conclusion, it is my belief that from start to finish the Fed is a failure. I believe faulty methodology is used, I believe that the justification for the Fed, to bring price and economic stability, has never been a success. I repeat, prices since the start of the Fed have climbed by 2,241% and there have been over the same period 18 recessions. No one seems to care at the Fed about the gold supposedly backing up the gold certificates on the Fed balance sheet. The emperor has no clothes. Austrian Business cycle theorists are regularly ignored by the Fed, yet they have the best records with regard to spotting overall downturns, and further they specifically recognized the developing housing bubble. Let it not be forgotten that in 2004, two economists here at the New York Fed wrote a paper [15] denying there was a housing bubble. I responded to the paper [16] and wrote:

The faulty analysis by [these] Federal Reserve economists... may go down in financial history as the greatest forecasting error since Irving Fisher declared in 1929, just prior to the stock market crash, that stocks prices looked to be at a permanently high plateau.

Data released just yesterday, now show housing prices have crashed to 2002 levels.

I will now give you more warnings about the economy.

The noose is tightening on your organization, vast amounts of money printing are now required to keep your manipulated economy afloat. It will ultimately result in huge price inflation, or, if you stop printing, another massive economic crash will occur. There is no other way out.

Again, thank you for inviting me. You have prepared food, so I will not be rude, I will stay and eat.

Let’s have one good meal here. Let’s make it a feast. Then I ask you, I plead with you, I beg you all, walk out of here with me, never to come back. It’s the moral and ethical thing to do. Nothing good goes on in this place. Let’s lock the doors and leave the building to the spiders, moths and four-legged rats.

Robert Wenzel's 'David' Speech Crushes Federal Reserve's 'Goliath' Dream | ZeroHedge

Similar Articles You Might Enjoy:

Victory in Alaska!

Submitted by paul_power on Sat, 04/28/2012 - 22:59
    Ron Paul 2012

Alaska

Updated: 7:45pm Alaska Time

It is confirmed that Ron Paul supporter Russ Millete was voted in as chair. (Note that according to AK Republican rules he will not have full power until Feb. 2013). Co-chair is RP supporter Deb Brown.

Also, secretary and treasurer are RP supporters.

The 6 delegates that were assigned to Ron Paul were filled by the top RP supporters that we wanted. Also, we got the 6 alternates.

The only bonus in the delegate count was that 3 RP people got in as alternates for the Santorum team.

Kathleen Miller (wife to Joe Miller, but an RP supporter - I can vouch personally for that) was selected as part of the electoral college (Alaska sends 3). I understand that is big.

As far as the meeting, the vote went ahead and as they waited for the results Reudrich abruptly adjourned the meeting citing they were out of time. They had not yet worked on final resolutions or voted on rule changes - things that the RP camp really wanted to do. So, there was business that didn't get done, but it was late and they are trying to get a meeting scheduled for June to implement some new rules - maybe get Reudrich out of power sooner.

All in all, a powerful moment for RP in Alaska!

[Original post] This just in from my husband, brazil4paul, who is a delegate at the Alaskan State Republican Convention!

We have taken over the Republican party in Alaska! The new Chair and Vice Chair are now both Ron Paul supporters! This just happened today, and I've been told thanks to some Santorum supporters who joined the cause.

Sweet victory in Alaska! Thank you to all the folks nation-wide who have kept up the encouragement and the plan to send delegates.

Change is coming!
    ___

Wanna know what happens when a senator endorses Romney at the Alaska State Convention? ~ Video coutesy of HeathieAnCap

Victory in Alaska! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Louisiana Caucus Results - Paul to Dominate State Convention

Daily Paul, are we ready for the masses?

Submitted by bc42000 on Sat, 04/28/2012 - 22:21
    Ron Paul 2012

It's getting closer and closer gang. When the average Joe says "This guy (Dr. Paul) actually has a chance" the surge will begin and I predict in masses. I count so heavily on The Daily Paul and others will as well. The fact that I panic every time I try to log in and for some reason I can't get to the site. Do we have server capacity to handle immense growth? If for some reason the Daily Paul is hijacked, hacked or whatever, is everything backed up? Do we have other sites that we could share with everyone that could be up and running immediately?

Think like the ememy. What would you do if reality set in that an upset was in the making. Step one, control the media. Done. Step two, stop their method of communication.

Just saying

Proud to be a part of this amazing journey!

Daily Paul, are we ready for the masses? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Update: Ron Paul AK Delegates Take Out GOP Chair Randy Ruedrich! -Now Confirmed

Submitted by BowShallEveryKnee on Sat, 04/28/2012 - 21:29
    Current Events

Alaska

New Ron Paul guy is named Russ Millette Chairman (elect), we also have the vice chair position A women named Debbie Brown, also a RPer.

Update: Ruedrich trying to use the dynasty rule ,but that got shot down also,they are still playing games and trying to downplay it,The good news is the Official campaign has a guy in there and he got the finale vote and Russ did beat Randy... The catch is the GOP is playing games because they just got hammered.

The vote is the vote Randy will not let go until he is forced by the LAW appearently.Under the AK GOP rules Russ is the New Chairman elect,under Randys GOP he is not the Chairman elect.

The vote is the vote. wait to hear what the Official Campaign says?

Update: Ron Paul AK Delegates Take Out GOP Chair Randy Ruedrich! -Now Confirmed | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012