Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I just called Bond, Webb, Ensign, Hutchison (busy), Thune, McCaskill (who the aide told me was "beside herself with anger" that they are even bringing the bill back!) Grassley, Tester (aide said no on cloture), and Coleman.

I keep getting "what is your zip code?", so I say I am a member of ALIPAC, who has thousands of members, and that I will get the word out to them as soon as I know how he votes and he will be held accountable for a "yes"!

I'm saying the Senator should realize something is wrong with a bill they have to push through without scrutiny, but the facts will be known later that's for sure.

I'm on this - OLIVER - I like your POINTS..

Banned
    Saki wrote:
    I talked with a staffer in Sen. Corker's office this morning and asked him about the so-called "touchback" provision that Corker is allegedly co-sponsoring with Alexander. The staffer said that there was some talk a few weeks ago about possible ways to make this bill more acceptable, and the return home "touchback" provision was one of the considerations. He said the media seems to have interpreted this as Corker being amenable to supporting a bill that includes such a provision. He was adamant that Corker doesn't support the bill---that he sees many problems with it---and can't imagine a scenario in which he would vote for it.
    Same response I just got! The staffer did mumble a little when I asked if he would vote no again so he probably hasn't made a statement.

Could only get voicemail at Webb's office. When I pushed the button to get a staffer it simply rang and no one picked up, but I did call back and leave a voicemail.

Banned
    notalka wrote:
    I'm on this - OLIVER - I like your POINTS..
    populist wrote:
    Thanks for the point OMB.
    Thanks & if anybody comes up with anything that strikes them in what they are reading or hearing when they call, please give a heads up as a new point to add!

Nice work Kate
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Chambliss says still "No"
    Burr--staffer very polite, "said you know how he voted in the past..."
    Cochran--No comment, but reminded me he supported the Vitter amendment & does not want any legalization of illegals.

Just checking in while calling and to thank all of you for the information and encouragement.

Banned
    Okie Dokie, I'm anxious to hear what's happening with phone calls, because I'm getting a lot of voicemails!

I've called Gregg--no answer of any kind, shape or form

Hatch--voicemail & left comments

Isakson--voicemail & left comments

Smith--rudely treated by aide and switched to voice mail where I said I was rudely treated by aide & then left my comments

Sununu--"No" on cloture!!!

Sanders--human contact--said he voted no on cloture the last time...

Banned
    Didn't the last polling data show support for the Senate bill has dropped to 15%??? I'm using that when I talk about the House Immigration Caucus Bill and how it reflects the will of the American people.

Here is a list of the senators called today whose office would not give a definitive answer on if they will vote NO on cloture. (note - this list is by no means exhaustive, rather they are the ones I called so far today that would not give an answer on cloture). SO LETS KEEP ON CALLNG THEM & others!

-Bond
    -Brownback
    -Burr
    -Coleman
    -Conrad
    -Gregg
    -Murkowski
    -Tester

Also, some senate DC office divert calls to voice mail comment boxes, and other DC lines seem to be continually busy (e.g., Sen. Hutchison) so we can then try their state offices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast