Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[b]Warning to all ALIPAC Members -Check your computers[/b]

I worked as a Technical Writer in the computer industry so I have a little knowledge when it comes to computers. I noticed in June when I started viewing different anti-illegal forums and sending emails to politicans that my system was trying to be compromised. I kept installing more and better protection. Since them I have noticed when things start getting more heated my system has sent me more messages that more items are being blocked.

Well today my system cut me out to all access to the internet. When I started investigating I found that all of my security systems had been remotely turned off at the beginning of the week and that a remote unauthorized network was controlling my computer. I have had to restore my computer back to the 15th of January. I am trying to track this unknown network, but I am not an expert.

I would recommentd that all ALIPAC Members daily check their security systems. I am afraid that someone is trying to shut us down.

There for a while I had a lot of alerts. I upgraded my spyware and it found over 6,000 hits. It's cleaned now.

I've had hits by trojans with no luck of them getting in. Constantly updating and upgrading.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I continuously out of habit update my spyware - but I have never seen this happen. They cut all access for my AOL and that's when I started really investigating, what scares me is I can't find out who this unauthorized computer is - I didn't have my computer connected to any network.

What I was trying to convey is that I do have the latest spyware, but someone went in and disabled it. So keep checking to make sure it is still enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    What I was trying to convey is that I do have the latest spyware, but someone went in and disabled it. So keep checking to make sure it is still enabled.
    We quit using AOL. They were trying to take control of our computer. We went to Mozilla Firefox because I like the browser better. IF this happens, its a MAC for me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: [b]Warning to all ALIPAC Members -Check your computers[/

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    I worked as a Technical Writer in the computer industry so I have a little knowledge when it comes to computers. I noticed in June when I started viewing different anti-illegal forums and sending emails to politicans that my system was trying to be compromised. I kept installing more and better protection. Since them I have noticed when things start getting more heated my system has sent me more messages that more items are being blocked.

Well today my system cut me out to all access to the internet. When I started investigating I found that all of my security systems had been remotely turned off at the beginning of the week and that a remote unauthorized network was controlling my computer. I have had to restore my computer back to the 15th of January. I am trying to track this unknown network, but I am not an expert.

I would recommentd that all ALIPAC Members daily check their security systems. I am afraid that someone is trying to shut us down.

Which “security systemsâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

MontereySherry,

Try contacting the following for starters:

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Internet_Fraud.shtml

http://www.cybercrime.gov/reporting.htm

OH GREAT....I'm a "not to with it" grandma when it comes to computers........I do have Firewalls etc set up
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have McAfee Security - Everything was turned off, firewall protection etc., it told me to fix it, but wouldn't let me and when I went into manage network it told me that a unauthorized computer was controlling my computer. I ended up having to restore my computer. I am going to let AOL know what happened, I don't think it was them because I can't see them deleting files so that my AOL wouldn't work.

I stopped receiving announcements and replies from Alipac several months ago. I checked with my provider and they told me it was Alipacs problem. I emailed Alipac and they werent blocking my emails.

I decided to do research on my own a with a company to see if emails from Alipac were on a "blacklist' and they were. Then I called back my provider and gave them ip addresses and asked why they were being blocked and they couldnt give me an explanation other than "we will change it back THIS TIME, but would not do it again.

Alipacs messages didn't go to my "spammed" section. They didn't get through at all. Someone decided FOR ME that I would no longer receive Alipac's emails. SCAREY, ISN'T IT?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast