Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Americans no longer free to travel

"Upland woman denied passage on cruise ship
    Sandra Emerson, Staff Writer
    Created: 12/19/2010 10:20:59 PM PST

UPLAND - An Upland anti-illegal immigration activist recently found herself without the proper documentation to board a cruise ship in San Diego with her family.

Robin Hvidston had tried to use her hospital-issued birth certificate and California driver's license to board a Holland America cruise to Hawaii, which had worked successfully three years ago.

But she was denied passage due to a change in required documentation made by the Department of Homeland Security in 2009.

"I used this exact same birth certificate three years ago to board a similar cruise in Holland America in San Diego," she said. "I had no idea we would be in this situation."

Hvidston's mother, Eileen Olsen, and sister were able to board the cruise with their passports, but Hvidston had to return home.

The trip was planned to celebrate Hvidston's birthday and Thanksgiving.

Since the cruise had a one-day stop in Ensenada, Mexico, it was required to show proof of citizenship.

On the back of Hvidston's birth certificate, it says the document can be used as proof of citizenship.

But due to the implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative June 2009, only a government- issued birth certificate is accepted, said Joanne Ferreira, spokesperson for Customs and Border Patrol.

Passengers on closed loop cruises, which depart and return at the same port, must have a passport or government-issued birth certificate and government-issued

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_16901058
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I not only post this story because I know Robin but its important
    that you read the comments regarding Obamba

We usually do yearly cruises and this has become more strict. They did give a two or three year notice for this and it was a hassle to get my (and my families') passports but honestly, I am glad they require it. It makes it a wee bit safer to travel.

She definitely needs to get her passport b/c there is no way around this.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    We usually do yearly cruises and this has become more strict. They did give a two or three year notice for this and it was a hassle to get my (and my families') passports but honestly, I am glad they require it. It makes it a wee bit safer to travel.

She definitely needs to get her passport b/c there is no way around this.
    Then it needs to be changed

Its funny that millions of mexican nationals can just waltz in here but an American has to jump through hoops to get on a cruise ship

And the new trusted traveler program? yeah , right , only for foreign nationals

You think Obomba has the proper docs to get on a cruise ship?

Who the hell is stupid enough to leave America to go anywhere!
    Bring our troops home and slam the doors shut! We don't need all these whiny ass 3rd worlders!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I agree Steve

I have no desire to go anywhere else in the world

I've been to mexico , it is a dump , I just hope we can stop this country
    from becoming a garbage heap like that one and many others

You are Superman! Hay do you know Johnny Ricco? Tiny dog, or Leland?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Too bad she didn't have a Mexican Matricula Consuluar, she could have gotten into the White House for a state dinner.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong