Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bob Schieffer: Take Trump seriously

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bob Schieffer: Take Trump seriously

By T. Becket Adams • 9/11/15 5:12 PM

Though many in media have written off GOP front-runner Donald Trump as a joke candidate, longtime newsman Bob Schieffer is not one of them.

"I take Donald Trump very seriously now. I think he could wind up getting the Republican nomination," the former host of CBS News' "Face the Nation" said in an interview with the Harvard Gazette.

Schieffer suggested that one of the reasons Trump is polling so well with voters is that he has been very clever about figuring out which issues have Americans most concerned.

"I think [Trump has] made a very good list, a wonderful catalog, of all the things that people are upset about and worried about and concerned about. He hasn't proposed any solutions, but he has managed to make a list of things that people feel frustrated about, and I think this frustration comes from the fact that the government doesn't work anymore," Schieffer said.

Schieffer's comments came in response to being asked to comment on the 2016 presidential race as a whole.

"Every campaign is different, and this may be the most different yet. I think we're at a real turning point in this country. I think we've had a total breakdown in our political system: the way we elect people, the way we conduct our politics now. And you can see it on both sides now, Democrats and Republicans," the former CBS host said.

"This is not the way that we ought to be electing people, and these are not campaigns that are about what they ought to be about. I think it all goes back to the way that money has now overwhelmed our political system. People used to get into politics because they wanted to change things, or they wanted to do something," he added.

He said many candidates only run so they can eventually leverage political office into something bigger and more lucrative.

"And it just didn't use to be that way," Schieffer said.

Elsewhere in the interview, Schieffer explained what he meant when he said in a separate interview in July that the press "wasn't skeptical enough" when Barack Obama first ran for president in 2008.

"I don't really think that reporters had the kid gloves on with Barack Obama, but he was new, and he was exciting and he was a great story, and he made a great speech," he said.

"And I think people didn't question how's he going to get these things done, how will he be at getting coalitions together, how well did he get along with people in the Senate while he was there, those kinds of questions. I think we probably should have been more skeptical, but he was such a good story," he added.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bo...rticle/2571899
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Every campaign is different, and this may be the most different yet. I think we're at a real turning point in this country. I think we've had a total breakdown in our political system: the way we elect people, the way we conduct our politics now. And you can see it on both sides now, Democrats and Republicans," the former CBS host said.

"This is not the way that we ought to be electing people, and these are not campaigns that are about what they ought to be about. I think it all goes back to the way that money has now overwhelmed our political system. People used to get into politics because they wanted to change things, or they wanted to do something," he added.
    Well, Bob, I don't think you understand what's really happening here. We're in a Movement to Take Back Our Country. That's what the 2016 election is all about. It's about Trump wanting to end this free trade treason nonsense and fix it. It's about Trump wanting to end this outrageous illegal immigration and excess immigration problem and fix it. This is what Americans want, this is what we've always wanted. Americans never supported illegal immigration or excess immigration. Americans never supported free trade treason. These were both done by politicians bought up by foreign drug cartels, foreign governments, and foreign interests to destroy the United States.

So that's why we're taking Trump seriously, and so should everyone else. We're taking back our country so we can fix it. Then we're going to keep it and enjoy it for the benefit of our "ourselves and our posterity" forever more.

And that's exactly what elections should be about. and how we elect Donald Trump President is exactly how it's supposed to be done. We the people want something, we elect people who will do that. That's the formula for and the purpose of elections in the United States.

So what's up with you, Bob? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BOB, THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE EQUATION?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BOB SCHIEFFER
    TRUMP IS SEE WHAT GOING ON &HOW OBAMA HAS OUR COUNTRY ONE HELL OF MESS WE HAVE NO JOB 'S WE HAVE LADY & GUY 'S & BABY STANDING ON LINE FOR FOOD. OBAMA IS MONEY OVER SEA TO HELP OTHER COUNTRY. WHEN TRUMP SAID HE WAS GOING TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT THE SHIT HIT THE FAN WHEN THEY ALL STARTED TO LIE ABOUT TRUMP .OBAMA LIE LIKE HELL & YOU ALL LOVE HIM . & HILLARY SHE IS ANOTHER ONE LIE LIKE HELL . YES TRUMP IS SERIOUSLY YOU WANT TO LEARN SOMETHING GO & LISTEN TO THE SAVAGE STATION
    & HEAR WHAT GOING THE NEWS ALSO LIE'S YES BOB TRUMP IS VERY SERIOUSLY . & IF TRUMP DON'T GET IN THE WH OUR COUNTRY WILL BE IN A HIT HOLE & YOU WILL BE ON THE LINE ALSO OUR COUNTRY NEED HELP & FAST & TRUMP IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CARE
    GOOD LUCK TRUMP

I'm so sick and tired of these idiots saying Trump has not proposed any solutions! In addition to his proposed solutions (yo,Schieffer, listen up!!) to illegal immigration, that even these morons should be able to find on his campaign website, if they took two minutes away from drinking the GOP establishment koolaid to do a web search, they could find that he wrote a book called, "Time to Get Tough" in which he spelled out his ideas and it's available on Amazon.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke