Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Weds. Debate: Insist that Bob Schieffer Ask About Immig.

CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent Bob Schieffer is hosting the last Obama/McCain Presidential debate on Wednesday. We'll see if he ignores the issue of illegal immigration like the other moderators (Tom Brokaw et al).

Please contact Schieffer through his Face the Nation website to ask him to bring up the issue of illegal immigration and press Obama and McCain as to why they both support amnesty for millions of illegal aliens despite the fact that most Americans oppose this.

Here is the link. Scroll down, there is an e-mail link under 'Contact Information':

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/ ... 3469.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Looks like this is another link to submit questions to CBS:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/ ... tRailInner
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Couldn't send a word--perhaps they are having a computer crash, but here is what I wrote:
    It may be a political hot potato, but the question of illegal immigration and open borders leaving us vulnerable is on the mind of many Americans. Illegals have stolen our identities, taken our jobs and bought homes they cannot afford after sub-prime mortgages were afforded to them. And they keep coming; not only those here for financial gain, but those here for more nefarious reasons. Since we don't know who is here, we also don't know their reasons for being here:human & drug trafficking, earning money. This is the most important question to ask in this debate, in my opinion.

I wrote and when I hit submit it I got an error statement.

I will go back soon and try again. This topic must be covered.

I tried to and will try again later. This is my question:

When are you both going to acknowledge the growing crisis in American and reform our immigration policies? Amnesty is not the answer and should not even be considered. It has never worked and only increased the problems. When are you going to protect the American people and close our borders and create stringent immigration laws to protect Americans over other countries?

Most of our problems today stem from lack of immigration policies. What are you going to do??
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

April
    Unfortunately, I think they have both made it clear how much they support illegals.

Thanks for trying, and please try again. I was able to successfully submit my question.

Try opening a new browser; then Google "CBS News debate", which will bring you to the debate site (the top link) to submit a question in the box. Hopefully this will work. Or e-mail directly to the Face the Nation site (from my top post... ftn @cbsnews.com) Thanks!

april wrote:
    Unfortunately, I think they have both made it clear how much they support illegals.
    Yes, but I want to seem them both squirm if that question were pressed. And I think CBS should be bombarded by the illegal question so they know Americans are completely dissatisfied with the candidates' policy statements so far.
    Unfortunately, there will be the political spin just to win votes. Too bad we cannot test any candidate, not only for their psychological fitness, but also give them scenarios to solve, like the economy, illegal immigration, etc.

The second link posted worked for me after the first link came up with error.

Another question is whether they support increasing the quotas within already existing legal immigration programs at a time when U.S. workers are being laid off in record numbers and U.S. students are having difficulty finding funds for post-secondary training and study?

A reminder that the U.S. already takes over one million legal immigrants each year - more than any other nation in the world!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast