Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    cliffdid wrote:

Someone call Charlie Daniels CAUSE THE DEVILS GOING TO GEORGIA, LOOKING FOR SOME SOULS TO STEAL!
    I think he's already been there and done that. What other explanation could there be to explain the attitude changes of Chambliss and Isakson?

Actually, I believe their attitude changed the minute Bush encouraged the "Pact" to accept Chambliss into the fold and convinced the "Pact" to adopt Isakson's triggers as the foundation of the amnesty bill. Now both, Isakson and Chambliss have a vested interest in seeing the compromise amnesty bill succeed.

I'm convinced the so-called Republican "Pact" participants were all hand picked by the Bush administration for what they could bring to the table. In other words, it's my sense that Bush is the major manipulator of this whole scheme to pass an amnesty and guest-worker program. Bush already had McCain, Specter, and Graham but knew he needed to add more strength from the Republican side to the "Pact" before his amnesty and guest-worker program would be a guaranteed success. Interestingly, Chambliss, Isakson, Cornyn, and Kyl voted against S. 2611 - that's one of the reasons Bush wanted them have a part in the design and creation of the new amnesty bill. He knew once they had a vested interest in the program they would be adament supporters of it. Of course I don't think Sen. Cornyn is working out as well as hoped (we'll see). As for the rest of the Senate, Bush tasked the Secretary of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff, and the Secretary of Commerce, Carlos Gutierrez, to work on them relentlessly in convincing them that S. 1348 was good for the American people and the country.

It's my belief Sen. Kennedy played a huge role in the enlistment of Democrat "Pact" members. Actually, Bush probably didn't interfere with Kennedy in that area. Remember, without Kennedy there would be no deal. Kennedy is the mover and shaker, the man with the power if you will. The Republican side of the aisle is only going to get what he'll let them have, which to date hasn't been much.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Any ALIPAC members attend the Bush speech?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12