Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Donald Trump says transgender people should use bathroom of their choice

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump says transgender people should use bathroom of their choice

Donald Trump says transgender people should use bathroom of their choice

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump signs a copy of one of his books for an audience member at the NBC “Today” television program, in New York, Thursday, April 21, 2016. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

By Jill Colvin, Associated Press
    POSTED: 04/21/16, 9:17 AM PDT | UPDATED: 34 SECS AGO

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory, seen at right with Vanguard Furniture CEO John Bray, said it’s up to individual companies to decide how to deal with a new law that requires transgender people to use bathrooms that conform to the sex listed on their birth certificates. (Laura Greene/The Enterprise via AP, File)

JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Thursday that transgender people should be able to use whichever bathroom they choose, voicing opposition to part of a far-reaching North Carolina law that critics says is discriminatory.

Speaking at a town hall event on NBC’s “Today” Thursday, Trump was asked about North Carolina’s so-called “bathroom law,” which, among other things, requires transgender people to use bathrooms corresponding to the gender on their birth certificate in state government buildings as well as public schools and universities.

Trump said the law had caused unnecessary strife for the state, which he said had paid “a big price” economically.

“There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate,” said Trump. “There has been so little trouble.”

Trump’s main rival, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, immediately fired back, saying that Trump is giving in to “political correctness.”

“Grown adult men, strangers, should not be alone in a bathroom with little girls,” Cruz said, calling his view “basic common sense.”

After the law was signed in late March, Deutsche Bank halted plans to add 250 North Carolina jobs, while PayPal reversed a decision to open a 400-employee operation center in Charlotte.

Local tourism boards have also said they’ve lost millions of dollars thanks to cancelled conventions and business meetings.

The comments came as Trump drew closer to clinching the Republican nomination with a big win in his home state of New York earlier this week. If he becomes his party’s nominee, Trump is likely to face pressure to moderate some of his stances to appeal to independents and women in the general election.

Trump said at the town hall that he didn’t know if any transgender people work for his organization, but said that some “probably” did.

Asked about Caitlyn Jenner, an Olympic gold medal winner then-known as Bruce Jenner, walking into Trump Tower using the bathroom, he said would be fine with her using any bathroom she chooses.

Still, Trump said he’s opposed to efforts to create new, transgender bathrooms alongside single gendered ones, calling that push “discriminatory in a certain way” and “unbelievably expensive for businesses and the country.”

http://www.presstelegram.com/governm...f-their-choice

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Transgender males have been castrated and no longer have a penis. They cannot use urinals.

Transgender surgery is not medicine, it is elective cosmetic surgery. It should be outlawed. There are limitations on what medical doctors are allowed to do for purposes of cosmetic surgery. This is why Michael Jackson had to go to the Dominican Republic to get his face carved up into the freak show it became. The things that transgender surgery does to a man's body is an atrocity and what you get isn't anything like a woman's vagina. It is a sick parody of the real thing.

It is a real indicator of how badly our society is functioning when highly trained and science educated professionals participate in this monstrosity under the guise of medicine. Another clue is that in Iran, the country where they hang homosexuals, you can also get transgender surgery.

It is almost exclusively performed on men with just enough women recruited to logically escape the conclusion that it targets men.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    Transgender males have been castrated and no longer have a penis. They cannot use urinals. . .
    The degree to which individuals feel comfortable within their external appearance and accept their social gender identity can be called transgender congruence.[9] To the degree that one does not feel comfortable with one's gender identity, one may experience what has been called gender dysphoria. Some people seek medical treatments for this, such as hormone replacement therapy, sex reassignment surgery, and psychotherapy.

Not all transgender people desire these treatments, and some cannot undergo them for financial or medical reasons...
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Caitlyn Jenner still has penis: Slammed as fraud who doesn ...

www.examiner.com/.../rose-mcgowan-caitlyn-jenner-is-a-fraud-who-doe...
    Nov 19, 2015 - Caitlyn Jenner still has penis: Slammed as fraud who doesn't get ... that Glamour has just named Bruce Jenner
    Woman of the Year,'" Smith ...
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 04-22-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Transgender isn't what bothers me it will be the men that claim to be transgender and are not there just to use the bathroom.

If it says you are a "boy" on your birth certificate...use the men's restroom.

If it say you are a "girl" on your birth certificate...use the women's restroom.

What you did to your body and what you have become since then was your choice...deal with it.

MW
    Trump is dead wrong on this!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I understand the transgender people wanting their own bathrooms, but I think Trump is right on this one when he says just leave things the way they are. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree with that. Like he said, making an issue of it creates strife and discontent where there wasn't any, or at least very little.

For those in the legislatures who want to use birth certificates to enforce male/female bathroom usage, I suggest they turn to something more serious like US birth certificates to get a driver's license, attend a public school, or get a job in the United States. I've been on this earth awhile now and I have never heard, seen or read about anyone being hurt or harmed in a public bathroom by someone who is transgender.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-21-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I understand the transgender people wanting their own bathrooms, but I think Trump is right on this one when he says just leave things the way they are. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree with that. Like he said, making an issue of it creates strife and discontent where there wasn't any, or at least very little.

For those in the legislatures who want to use birth certificates to enforce male/female bathroom usage, I suggest they turn to something more serious like US birth certificates to get a driver's license, attend a public school, or get a job in the United States. I've been on this earth awhile now and I have never heard, seen or read about anyone being hurt or harmed in a public bathroom by someone who is transgender.
    I have to agree. Again, the idea that somebody somewhere is seriously considering policing bathrooms to make sure everybody using them is the correct gender is begging for comedy. These fools have been baited into panic by the LGBQ mafia.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post

The issue couldn't be left alone because Charlotte, NC, passed a local ordinance that allowed biological men to use the same bathrooms and locker rooms of our daughters and granddaughters. The state was forced to void the ordinance through law. No logical thinking person would want their female children exposed to adult male genitalia. It would benefit Trump to research the issue before commenting (IMO).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast