Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ELVIRA ARRESTED IN L.A.!!!

I just heard a news summary on CBS a few minutes ago that Elvira has been arrested in front of Queen of Angels Church in L.A.!! There was no follow-up and I am questioning my own 'hearing'! Has anyone else heard this fabulous news? I hope I wasn't dreaming this whole thing...

It's true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's true. Go to News Articles for more about this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DUPLICATE POST

Ooops...just noticed 2 more posts confirming the good news! Sorry for the duplicate post!

It's about time, 12 months and 4 days too late...but better than never.

I posted a breaking news story an hour ago on OJJPAC. Will be interesting when details are learned.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

three post in the news section to reply on gang

Immigration activist who sought sanctuary arrested in L.A.
    By Peter Prengaman
    Article Launched: 08/19/2007 04:57:16 PM PDT
    LOS ANGELES (AP) - An illegal immigrant who became the face of the immigration reform movement while taking refuge in a Chicago church to avoid deportation has been arrested, the church's pastor said.
    Elvira Arellano was arrested before 3 p.m. outside Our Lady Queen of Angels church on L.A.'s historic Olvera Street, where she had been speaking to reporters, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago.
    Coleman said he was with Arellano when she was detained, but declined to provide other details.
    "We're trying to determine her situation right now," he said.
    It was unclear what law enforcement agency had taken Arellano into custody. A call to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was not immediately returned.
    "We are sad, but at the same time we are angry," said Javier Rodriguez, a Chicago immigration activist who worked with Arellano. "How dare they arrest this woman?"
    The 32-year-old Arellano had arrived in Los Angeles on Saturday, leaving her sanctuary for the first time in a year to campaign for immigration reform.
    Her decision to take sanctuary inspired a "New Sanctuary Movement," in which a handful of churches across the country have begun to house illegal immigrants.
    Arellano said she was staying in the United States illegally because of her 8-year-old son, Saul, who was born in America and thus a U.S. citizen. She has repeatedly called for a stop to immigration raids that break up
    "mixed families," that is families that have some members with legal status and others who are in the country illegally.
    Arellano said Saturday she was not afraid of being taken into custody by immigration agents. She said she planned to take her cause to Washington, D.C.
    "From the time I took sanctuary the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," Arellano said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."
    Arellano came to Washington state illegally in 1997. She was deported to Mexico shortly after, but returned and moved to Illinois in 2000, taking a job cleaning planes at O'Hare International Airport.
    She was arrested in 2002 at O'Hare and later convicted of working under a false Social Security number. She was to surrender to authorities last August.
    She sought sanctuary at the storefront church on Chicago's West Side Aug. 15, 2006. She had not left the church property until deciding to be driven to Los Angeles, Coleman said.
    ---
    Associated Press writers Michael Tarm in Chicago and Raquel Maria Dillon in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6665267

ICE ICE

To: The Agents and Officers of Immigration and

Customs Enforcement:

On behalf of the people of America, Mothers Against Illegal Aliens wish to send our sincere thanks to those ICE - Immigration Customs Enforcement personnel who were involved in the arrest of Elvira Arellano based upon the lawful order of a Federal Judge. Although we had hoped that such action would have been taken sooner, we are grateful that the deed has been accomplished.

We realize that you are required to perform duties under arduous circumstances and that political influences more often than not interfere with your job and with the wishes and will of the American people. Again we thank you for doing your duty and making patriotic Americans proud to have been able to witness this event.

This battle has been won but the war goes on. We know there are many more that will test your commitment and our rule of law.

Thank you again on behalf of the people of America.

I encourage all Americans to call or write the L.A. ICE office and personally thank the employees of ICE.

This is the Communications Hotline for ICE. You will need to ask for the Duty Agent for Los Angles, California and/or you can also THANK the Communications office for their work too!!! Or, you may write a thank you letter to their office, address below.

Immigration Customs Enforcement

501 West Ocean Blvd.
    Suite 7200
    Long Beach, CA 90802

ICE HOTLINE: 1-800-973-2867

"We are sad, but at the same time we are angry," said Javier Rodriguez, a Chicago immigration activist who worked with Arellano. "How dare they arrest this woman?"
    How dare they? Well, she is illegally residing here, after all.

And just who is "they?" Just the American citizens, that's all - just those who actually are citizens of the nation this loser invaded.

It's about time!!!

Illegal immigrant arrested after leaving church

Mother who defied deportation, took up sanctuary was in L.A. for rally
    Jacqueline Jackson, wife of Rev. Jesse Jackson shown on the left, speaks with Elvira Arellano, an illegal immigrant who has taken up sanctuary in Chicago for the past year.
    View related photos

Updated: 1 hour, 47 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - An illegal immigrant who sought sanctuary in a Chicago church for a year to avoid deportation and separation from her 8-year-old American son was arrested Sunday, the church’s pastor said.

Elvira Arellano was arrested before 3 p.m. outside Our Lady Queen of Angels church on L.A.’s historic Olvera Street where she had been speaking to reporters, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago where she sought sanctuary.

Coleman said he was with Arellano when she was detained, but declined to provide other details.

“We’re trying to determine her situation right now,â€

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast