Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    What makes you think it will be easier for Obama than it was for Bush?

I think it might be easier. No one is really looking at this man or thinking about how in the world he got where he is - where does he stand and who is backing him.

If he is elected, it will be because those backing him want him in there. If they want him in there - he will be there to do what they want done - and if that is amnesty - it will happen.

A lot of people will be so disgusted with PRes. Bush and will give him free rein for a while and think anything he does is alright.

I do believe his agenda will be amnesty - and more much more.

But yes, Pres. Bush didn't get amnesty - but guess what, the illegals are still here. They are having babies by the hour, they are reaching voting age and registering to vote illegally, they are getting more and more involved and entrenched in our political process - local and federal level. They are purchasing more and more politicians in high levels to do their bidding. They are being educated - college educated on our dollar. We hear a lot about the drop out rate in hispanics and I don't doubt it's high. What we are not thinking about is that other 50% that are being educated - that will get degrees and will be competeing with our children for jobs. They will be competing with the preferential treatment for being a minority and being bilingual.

It won't matter if they get amnesty or not - unless we send them home - it won't matter. Amnesty is a nightmare - but this continuing to do nothing on our government's part is just as bad.

And - remember - more are coming every day.
    You could have easily been talking about Black people in your post. As a successful young Black adult I cringe every time I hear this sort of thing, "What about those educated Black folk who will be competing for the same jobs our White children deserve". Hello, we're all Americans!! The American individual is not White. Americans are Black, Asian, Hispanic, White, Arabic. We're composed of all sorts of ethnicities and races, but we're all Americans. My ancestors were discriminated against, I will not allow my Hispanic friends to be discriminated against. They deserve to be here just as much as we do and deserve to get an education and become successful. My people have made strives in this country and have fought for this country in time of war. We're fighting in Iraq alongside true American heroes of all colors and I'm proud of that fact.

I just read through these posts and something clicked. We're already weighing who is going to be the easiest to fight in the White House on illegal immigration after the election is over. We shouldn't have to fight anyone to keep this country from being given away to Mexico.

I know we don't have many choices for President, but just this thread alone should tell you that we have to make many changes in Congress. That's where it counts. Get involved in your state's election and push the best candidate you can to represent you in Washington. Many of them are coming up for election this year. Research them, find out who is soft on illegal aliens and who isn't. Dig into their record. Then get involved and help the best candidate win. Get involved with your state representatives and tell them how you feel about illegal aliens and offer solutions.

Sorry, I guess I went off on a rant there for a minute.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You could have easily been talking about Black people in your post. As a successful young Black adult I cringe every time I hear this sort of thing, "What about those educated Black folk who will be competing for the same jobs our White children deserve". Hello, we're all Americans!! The American individual is not White. Americans are Black, Asian, Hispanic, White, Arabic. We're composed of all sorts of ethnicities and races, but we're all Americans. My ancestors were discriminated against, I will not allow my Hispanic friends to be discriminated against. They deserve to be here just as much as we do and deserve to get an education and become successful. My people have made strives in this country and have fought for this country in time of war. We're fighting in Iraq alongside true American heroes of all colors and I'm proud of that fact.
    No, Coolhead, she's talking about an entirely different group from African AMERICANS/blacks -- she's talking about illegal aliens -- whether they be Hispanic, muslim, indian, asian, or african. These are NOT AMERICANS -- they are individuals from other countries who have crossed our borders, ignored our laws, and are residing here illegally TAKING ADVANTAGE of the American taxpayer.

-- and that taxpayer includes YOU coolhead? Can't you see that?

How do they "deserve" to be here? They broke our laws and no one EVER invited them in? Does the entire world "deserve" to be here or what? What consequences do you think will have for our nation?

All you hear and see is the racist mantra ...you need to get your head out of your backside and take a look at what is happening with illegal immigration -- you soon will not have a country to fight FOR if it continues as it is.

And BTW, your ancestors are no the only ones who have been discriminated against in our history. Women, the Irish, the young, the old, blacks, whites, all races have been discriminated against at some point, so quit your whining.

And now you are "successful," so what is your problem?

And HOW can you just assume that Americans against illegals are fearful that jobs will be taken away from WHITES??? Many of us fear that jobs are being taken away from African Americans as well!

We are for LEGAL IMMIGRATION and for upholding the laws of the land ...not for discrimination based on race.

xyz
    CoolHead
    One thing I am really proud of ... the people who are against illegal immigration..the people on this board.. have Again and Again..Loud and Clear condemned anyone who states that any group is synonymous with "illegal."
    The mantra here is...No backhanded racism such as a comment in a News Paper..."South Carolina is concerned about the influx of hispanics" when the concern of South Carolina is Illegal Aliens and Foriegn Nationals..no matter what their race/sex/ethnic origin..and No backhanded bigotry..There isn't any religious test for President..so on Fox News tonight..when some pundit said.."Romney's Mormon religion hurt him" I expect Fox News to get some emails for that..backhanded bigotry
    This Forum soundly condemns backhanded racism and backhand bigotry..
    I am proud of the people on this board. They are good and decent folks trying to solve a problem the government refused to address other than with amnesty every few years..

Obama wins in Iowa, it means a majority of Iowans are idiots, McCain wins in New Hampshire, it means there are allot of idiots in New Hampshire. Yes I have decided there are allot of idiots in this country!

Yep -- and I personally feel the BIGGEST group of idiots are those who continue time after time, year after year, election after election, to play this ridiculous RACE CARD!

Hey, African Americans -- we are OVER IT. I am white, and I could care fricking LESS about what color you are -- what your heritage is -- what your ethnic group did or suffered 200 years ago. We are here NOW -- with real problems. We've got to band together to solve them, or we're all in deep trouble. No amount of race card playing is going to help anyone. Sorry, it wasn't me who sold your people into slavery back in the 1600's - sorry -- that's ancient history.

It's as Ron Paul said, it is collectivist defeatist thinking to continue to divide people along racial lines. Our media constantly perpetuates it .. I lost count of how many "groups" they mentioned and who would get what vote ..Huckabee gets the evangelicals ...Obama will get the blacks... Hillary the women.. .I mean, WHO CARES -- Americans cannot be so easily classified at all times.

It's a thinking person who looks beyond the color, the race, the gender, whatever -- look at the person, THEIR VALUES, their beliefs, their actions.

But many, I feel, find it just too easy to blame their problems on racism. I know a local teacher -- she is fantastic and has a wonderful job within our school system -- I couldn't live without her -- but she an an Indian woman who claims she has encountered discrimination.... I mean, she has a fantastic education, a wonderful job, my respect .... she has more than MANY Americans do ... what is with this racism cry all the time???

Get over yourselves and just try to be the best American you can be. Make that the best LEGAL American you can be -- thank you.

Thanks, xyz and jmm

You explained things better than I.

Truly, I usually just ignore this kind of talk - but when it shows up here - it does kinda rankle me.

Although, I certainly see it for what it is - something to divide or to try to brand us as racist in some way, and it's to be expected, it still bothers me. Usually, encountering this, it's in a news article or some media and you know the person's agenda. I don't expect to see it here - but I guess as this heats up, we should expect to see that more and more. I think it is the second 'racism' posts in as many days.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm just amazed that in the age of the internet when we don't have to get our news from the liberal media, people are not taking the time to research these candidates. The information is out there. If more people took the time there would be a lot more support for Duncan Hunter. I just don't get it. People let political ads sway them.

It's the American Idol syndrome! But it really shook up the Clinton camp! Unfortunately, we have to face reality...it's going to be Shrillary! This has been a set up from day one...Bill Clinton is going to get his third term because the Elites, the CFR, and the corporate masters want it this way. Obama was just thrown into the fray for entertainment purposes. Obama is just another Oprah Special!

Unfortunately, I still think we will be looking at Hillary for the next 4 or 8 years. The R's are lackluster. Obama was our only hope...but it's not over till the you know who sings.

Obama is our worse nightmare - worse nightmare.

Please don't be fooled by his being 'articulate', 'charming', 'refreshing', or 'time for a black candidate'.

This man would not have gotten this far without the backing of some very powerful bunch and without the backing and protection of the news media.

No politician is as pure as the media would have you believe he is. It just doesn't happen - so why are they being so protective, silent, and helpful to this man.

Please, please don't be fooled.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast