Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jamaican lady died in emergency room

Jamaican lady who recently died tragically in emergency room: What was her immigration status?

We were all sickened by how that poor woman from Jamaica recently died in the psychiatric hospital waiting room in New York City.

1. She was from Jamaica: I read on the web that she was 49 years old and was an immigrant from Jamaica.

2. 6 children: I think she had 6 children who she left back in Jamaica.
    The youngest, I believe, was 14 years old.

3. Work history: I read that she recently lost her job in a day care center.
    Stress caused by losing this job may have been the reason she started acting erractically and was sent to the psychiatric hospital.

4. Just wondering: What was her immigration status?

5. It looks like she did not have any special skills that were needed in the United States.

6. If someone here can help me to understand how and why this poor 49 year old woman---who seemed to lack special work skills and who may have had mental problems back in Jamaica---was allowed to immigrate to the United States, I would appreciate it.

What was her immigration status?

Whatever her status was she should not have died like that. No one should die like that. Shame on the hospital. They need to be reprimanded. This is a situation where "we are all human" fits.

Is there a news story out there about this somewhere? I'd like to read more before I comment.

It is not unusual for someone suffering from a physical condition to display erratic behavior and she may not have been a psych patient at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Is there a news story out there about this somewhere? I'd like to read more before I comment.

It is not unusual for someone suffering from a physical condition to display erratic behavior and she may not have been a psych patient at all.
    azwreath

She was in a psych ward in a hospital in New York.

This was on the evening news Thurs. I saw the video of her falling off her chair,lying on the floor where she died and it was 45 minutes before a nurse finally tried to help her.

In the video several people saw her on the floor including a Dr. and a security guard yet they did NOTHING !

I hope they arrest and prosecute those who did not help this woman no matter what her immigration status was !!!!!!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Wo ... gle+Search
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

MW
    USPatriot wrote:

I hope they arrest and prosecute those who did not help this woman no matter what her immigration status was !!!!!!!
    I haven't heard of anyone being arrested. However, I do believe 6 of the hospital employees were fired over the incident.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Thank you Sandra. I hadn't seen this story and want to go check it out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Thank you Sandra. I hadn't seen this story and want to go check it out.

Your Welcome
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Here's an account of this from a Jamaican newspaper:

Approximately eight years ago, Esmin Green went to the 'Big Apple' in search of a better life for her six children. Her ultimate aim was that one day they could reunite as a family.

But her children will never get the chance to enjoy what their mother worked so hard to achieve. Instead, they have been left with the heavy burden of coming to grips with images, now etched in their minds, of their mother dying alone on the waiting room floor of a New York hospital.
    Read the rest of the story here:
    Link

MW
    USPatriot wrote:

This was on the evening news Thurs. I saw the video of her falling off her chair,lying on the floor where she died and it was 45 minutes before a nurse finally tried to help her.
    Sounds like something you would expect from a third world country, not the United States.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast