Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeb Bush: Being Romney's VP is 'not in the cards'

Jun 01, 2012

By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY Updated 2h 11m ago

Today's installment of "no means no" in the Mitt Romney veepstakes comes from former Florida governor Jeb Bush.

"It's not in the cards for me," Bush told reporters from ABC News and other outlets. "I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. I have been repeating it for the last two years. I've been pretty consistent."

Bush was a popular two-term governor who is held in high regard by Hispanics, a group both parties are aggressively courting in the presidential election. He has said he would like to see Romney tap Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

A Public Policy Polling survey in April found Bush would help Romney keep things close in the swing state of Florida. President Obama and Vice President Biden lead a Romney-Bush ticket, 49% to 46%. If Rubio is Romney's running mate, the Democrats would have a 7-point edge over the GOP ticket.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope that Jeb is being truthfu about this. We should not forget that it was his wife when at customms that said "I do not pay duty on things I bring into the country. I am the Governor's wife," paraphrased but that was her message to the customs agent. As a break in tradition, Romney might be best served to choiose a democrat V.P. That would instill interest in this election.

quote( As a break in tradition, Romney might be best served to choiose a democrat V.P. That would instill interest in this election. )

Actually a strong conservative would break tradition,the Bush group are conservative with their money but progressive in all other endeavors and sadly most of the GOP hierarchy are basically blue dog Democrats. Like it or not the bar has moved left for years one of many reasons we are in so much trouble.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Banned
    Romney will NOT take an illegal pandering NWO, OBL, for a running mate.
    No matter what the traiterous stupid morons say that are claiming "not me"!
    Because ya'll SUCK.....Thats why!!