Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

LA Times Reporter: 'We Will Have Blood On Our Hands' If We Deport Illegal Immigrant C

LA Times Reporter: 'We Will Have Blood On Our Hands' If We Deport Illegal Immigrant Children

Published: 7/18/2014 4:41 PM ET

Subscribe to Kyle Drennen
    Follow Kyle Drennen on Twitter

By Kyle Drennen
    News Analyst

Talking to MSNBC's Jose Diaz-Balart on Friday, Los Angeles Times reporter Sonia Nazario demanded that tens of thousands of unaccompanied illegal immigrant children from Central America be allowed to stay in the U.S. and condemned anyone opposed to the idea: "Because if you put this decision of sending these children back in the hands of the Border Patrol, many of these children who really should be protected by our government will instead be hurtled back to these countries where they will die. And we will have blood on our hands." [Listen to the audio]

video at link below

Diaz-Balart touted how Nazario had just "testified before a congressional committee" about the issue and wondered: "What was your message to the Senate yesterday and did you feel that, well, yesterday was more than just about politics, which is what we've been seeing a lot from Washington?"

Nazario seized on the softball question to launch into her rant:
    What I told the Senate yesterday is these children are primarily leaving, fleeing for their lives, because of the violence that has been spawned by these narco cartels that control much of Honduras now....the Obama administration is saying we want to expedite these children's removal and Republicans are saying this as well. And I said if you shortchange the due process that these children have in immigration courts where they can claim asylum, they really are, in 40 to 60% of these cases of these children, refugees fleeing for their lives. And you should not shortchange this process.

After allowing Nazario to make her declaration, Diaz-Balart wrapped up the segment by notifying viewers of "an important programming note," declaring: "We will be broadcasting live from Los Angeles next week. I'll be participating in the National Council of La Raza."

La Raza is a left-wing organization currently leading campaign efforts in favor of comprehensive immigration reform, the DREAM Act, and a boycott of Arizona over the passage of the SB 1070 law to combat illegal immigration in the state.

As NewsBusters' Laura Flint observed on Wednesday, in the first three days of his new 10 a.m. ET hour show on the liberal network, Diaz-Balart devoted most of his coverage of the border crisis to pushing the illegal immigration agenda.

Here is a full transcript of the July 18 segment with Nazario:
    10:48 AM ET

JOSE DIAZ-BALART: Let's turn to another issue still generating controversy and still searching for a solution. Today a group of women and children from Guatemala will be flown back to their home country. Monday, the first flight transporting families back to Honduras left the United States. Across the country we're expecting protests today, over the weekend as well, against the federal government housing Central American migrants in shelters in those communities.

And in Washington, Speaker Boehner now says he does not see Congress finding a solution to the humanitarian crisis by the end of the month.

Joining me now is Pulitzer Prize winning author of Enrique's Journey, Sonia Nazario, who testified before a congressional committee yesterday. Sonia, thanks for being with us.

SONIA NAZARIO: Thank you, Jose, for having me.

DIAZ-BALART: What was your message to the Senate yesterday and did you feel that, well, yesterday was more than just about politics, which is what we've been seeing a lot from Washington?

NAZARIO: Well, you know, we have many crises going on around the world but we have one on our southern border with all these children coming here alone. And what I really stressed was these children – you know, I wrote about a boy who came from Honduras ten years ago, thirteen years ago. And he was coming alone in search of his mother. Ten years ago these children were largely coming for economic reasons and to reunify with a parent who had left them behind. But I just went back to Honduras, and what I saw was this enormous change in the drivers for these children.

And what I told the Senate yesterday is these children are primarily leaving, fleeing for their lives, because of the violence that has been spawned by these narco cartels that control much of Honduras now. We've rerouted – you know, we cracked down on the movement of cocaine from Colombia up the Carribean corridor, spent $8 billion to do that in the past decade, but the cartels simply went inland and are now landing in Honduras. And they're recruiting these children as their foot soldiers to gain turf, to sell and distribute drugs, and to extort people in Honduras. And these children have been often threatened multiple times.

And so what I told the Senate is if you – you know, the Obama administration is saying we want to expedite these children's removal and Republicans are saying this as well. And I said if you shortchange the due process that these children have in immigration courts where they can claim asylum, they really are, in 40 to 60% of these cases of these children, refugees fleeing for their lives.

And you should not shortchange this process. Because if you put this decision of sending these children back in the hands of the Border Patrol, many of these children who really should be protected by our government will instead be hurtled back to these countries where they will die. And we will have blood on our hands. And I believe that the American public is compassionate towards refugees, people fleeing for their lives. Much like Cubans did, much like Haitians did. I think that we cannot start sending these children back to their deaths.

DIAZ-BALART: Sonia Nazario, thanks for being with us. Appreciate it.

NAZARIO: Thank you. I appreciate it.

DIAZ-BALART: And an important programming note. We will be broadcasting live from Los Angeles next week. I'll be participating in the National Council of La Raza.

http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/la-tim...grant-children

And you should not shortchange this process. Because if you put this decision of sending these children back in the hands of the Border Patrol, many of these children who really should be protected by our government will instead be hurtled back to these countries where they will die. And we will have blood on our hands. And I believe that the American public is compassionate towards refugees, people fleeing for their lives. Much like Cubans did, much like Haitians did. I think that we cannot start sending these children back to their deaths.

Really but the parents and advisers who sent these illegal children thousands of miles to flood our Country do not have blood on their hands?? They must want them sent back in LIMO"S.

Get real here and wake the heck up America!!

When one Country invades another Country it is considered to be a war. I guess none of the invaders are supposed to get blood on their hands! These are criminal actions by another Country it is an invasion of our Country...

Last edited by kathyet2; 07-21-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Banned

Guatemalan Murder Suspect in Louisiana Was Recent Border-Crosser

July 16, 2014 - 9:05 PM

By ALICIA A. CALDWELL, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Guatemalan immigrant accused of killing his girlfriend in Louisiana illegally crossed the Mexican border with his children last month and was released from custody after being issued a notice to report back to immigration authorities once he got settled in the United States, the Homeland Security Department said Wednesday.
    Pedro Alberto Monterroso Navas was caught crossing the border in South Texas on June 26 with his two children, Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Gillian Christensen said. The trio was released after immigration authorities determined that Monterroso, 43, had no criminal history or gang affiliation, much like an undisclosed number of other recent border-crossers from Central America traveling as families.
    Local authorities in suburban Houston arrested Monterroso on Monday, a day after police in Metairie, Louisiana, found Heidi Monroy, 24, bludgeoned to death in the bathtub of her apartment. Monterroso is jailed in Harris County, Texas, and faces charges related to Monroy's death. Jail records do not indicate whether he has a lawyer.
    Christensen said Border Patrol agents apprehended Monroy and her three children after they crossed the border illegally in May. Monroy, who was from Honduras, was also released and ordered to report back to immigration authorities.
    More than 55,000 people traveling as families have been arrested at the border since October. The Obama administration has repeatedly refused to say how many of those immigrants have been released or how many have reported back as ordered.
    Christensen said Monroy had complied with the order while Monterroso had not.
    The Border Patrol and ICE, which is responsible for removing immigrants who are in the country illegally, have been overwhelmed by a flood of minors crossing the border without their parents and the tens of thousands of families caught at the border. More than 57,000 immigrant children have been apprehended in the past 8 months.
    The flood of immigrants, mostly from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, has been described by the Obama administration and many lawmakers as a humanitarian crisis. Child immigrants are being housed in a variety of emergency shelters, including three military bases in California, Texas and Oklahoma, while authorities search for their parents or other relatives already living in the United States.
    Last month Homeland Security opened a temporary family detention center at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, that can house more than 700 people. Before that, DHS could only house 97 people at a single family detention center in Pennsylvania.
    The crisis has prompted President Barack Obama to ask Congress to pass a $3.7 billion emergency spending bill to help deal with the influx of immigrants. Some of that money would be used to help speed up the process of returning immigrants to their home countries. Republicans lawmakers have balked at the request, saying it's too high, while some Democrats have questioned whether the emergency spending bill would fully address the problem.
    Earlier this week 40 immigrants being housed in the New Mexico family facility were flown back to Honduras.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/guat...gn=n-guatemala

Hey Sonia Nazario NWO "pimpess" what was that about blood on who's hands????

Keep it simple Simon! KISS! To protect our people and the nations security, if you are alien you go, you go today. You never get onto Americans soil beyond the catchpoint or the BP station! If you, an alien, come back, you will be classified a terrorist and treated as such!

Is that so difficult? Even I can understand it, so it must not be difficult!