Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

La-Z-Boy and Whirlpool sending jobs to new plants in Mexico

La-Z-Boy, Whirlpool Moving Hundreds Of Jobs To Mexico

Chattanoogan
    April 4, 2008

La-Z-Boy and Whirlpool are moving jobs to new plants in Mexico, bringing job losses to hundreds of workers in Dayton and Cleveland.

La-Z-Boy employees in Dayton were told today that the cutting and sewing operation is being moved to Mexico.

Kathy Liebmann, La-Z-Boy spokesperson, said the Dayton facility has over 2,000 employees, but she did not have a breakdown on those in cutting and sewing. A La-Z-Boy employee said it was around 750.

Ms. Liebmann said La-Z-Boy is closing a plant at Tremonton, Utah, but will keep its other plants open, including the one at Dayton. She said the 400 production jobs at the Utah plant will be spread over the other five plants.

She said workers in cutting and sewing will have an opportunity to train for available production jobs.

Ms. Liebmann said the Mexico plant is slated to open in January.

http://www.infowars.com/?p=1290
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

Conservative radio talk show host Dick Hardin calls businesses guilty of outsourcing jobs ECONOMIC traitors!

Traitor companies! With all the companies moving to Mexico, why dont the illegals just follow?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I called Avery because I was told that they were hiring. The lady laughed and said that they one of their plants wasn moving to Mexico in 2009.

I'm starting to look for made in USA lables on my packages. If I don't find it on any of the products. I try to make due without buying.
    In my perfect world I would have a Made in USA isle in every store.

I think that if we want to have the illegal aliens to leave and we want to avoid over paying a minority of our business owners for domestically produced goods and services we need more imports from Mexico. The same industries that send obsolete jobs overseas are those most likely to hire immigrants here. If the jobs are lower skilled held by immigrants who are negative net tax payers here we become responsible for their public benefits costs.

I expect growth in employment in some industies up here and more
    obsolete jobs moving to Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Government is to blame in more ways than one
    They Tax the heck out of every company they can then they give them a break to go out of the USA and send there products back into the country.
    They let illegal’s come here because if they really wanted to they could stop them and that lowers all of our pay. I really believe that they want to devalue the dollar so it will make it easier to go to the Amero

The Government is to blame in more ways than one
    They Tax the heck out of every company they can then they give them a break to go out of the USA and send there products back into the country.
    They let illegal’s come here because if they really wanted to they could stop them and that lowers all of our pay. I really believe that they want to devalue the dollar so it will make it easier to go to the Amero

This irks me badly I just spent 1800.00 on new front loading laundry system and the deciding point for buying the whirlpool for me was the fact they were made in the USA you bet I will be calling their corporate office and asking for a refund.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

If you bought a Whirpool FRONT load you can relax for it was never made in the USA. But do me a favor? Look and see if you can find the label on the machines that says "made in GERMANY". Also plants in Mexico. No Whirpool front load machines made in USA that I know of.

I could be wrong and I want to be wrong but I believe Whirpool makes no FRONT load machines here in the US of A. Only top load in Ohio but that will end as people move to water saving front load. The German plants will close too as their costs are even higher than the US. Germany $33 an hour. US $22 an hour. Mexico $3 an hour. Saw a report on this on tv. Whirpool only makess the top load in Ohio because they have owned the plant and land for 100 years.

Want front load machines made in US of A? BOSCH a German company with a plant in New Bern, North Carolina. (you will pay more however!) Frigidaire, another European company, MIGHT make some in Georgia?

Whirpool, based in Benton Harbor MI is sslowly closing everything in the US of A.

Hell, HAIER of China will destroy everybody anyway in refrigeration/appliances. Cheaper labor...remember that saying. A race to the cheapest costs and that my friend is China!

Sad! Really sad! Get it? If you work with your hands in America in 2008 you are not wanted. The suits and ties don't care and neither do the puke politicians. Read the book "Take thhis job and ship it"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast