Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter to Senators: DREAM Act, H-1B & H2-B visas

I have composed a letter to send to all Senators. If anyone would like to use it to e-mail or fax to Senators, please feel free. Go ahead and use it in its entirety or pieces of it if you prefer.

Let's blanket their faxes and e-mail system with letters, once again!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Senator ______________:

As an American citizen, I request that you vote NO on Amendment 2237 that would attach the DREAM Act Amnesty to the DOD bill.

The DREAM Act is a nightmare. It is a massive amnesty that extends to the millions of illegal aliens who entered the United States before the age of 16. The illegal alien who applies for this amnesty is immediately rewarded with "conditional" lawful permanent resident (green card) status, which can be converted to a non-conditional green card in short order. The alien can then use his newly acquired status to seek green cards for the parents who brought him in illegally in the first place. In this way, it is also a back door amnesty for the millions of illegal aliens who brought their children with them to the United States.

It also allows illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition rates at public universities, discriminating against U.S. citizens from out of state and law-abiding foreign students. It repeals a 1996 federal law that prohibits any state from offering in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens unless the state also offers in-state tuition rates to all U.S. citizens. The logical stance, in our current overly generous and unfortunate coddling of illegal aliens, would be that not one child of an illegal alien would get a cent from our taxpayers if there is an American born student going without a college education. And we both know there are many that cannot go no matter how badly they want. Let's take care of our own needy children before someone else's. Every scientific opinion poll on the subject has shown over 70 percent opposition to giving in-state tuition benefits to illegal aliens.

The DREAM Act also grants a reprieve to the 10 states that have willfully violated federal law by granting in-state tuition to illegal aliens without extending the same to legal residents and U.S. citizens.

On top of this insult to the rule of law, the DREAM Act includes a massive amnesty, as I noted above. This amnesty opens a wide path to citizenship for any alien who entered the country before the age of 16 and has been in the country for at least five years. This is another open invitation to fraud and the guiding notion seems to be "The longer you have violated federal law, the better."

Senator, if you haven’t realized that rewarding law breakers and criminals doesn’t beget more of the same behavior, then I question your sanity. Before you vote on this disastrous amendment, I beseech you to read the Heritage Foundation’s research article on the DREAM (Nightmare) Act at heritage.org/Research/Immigration/bg2069.cfm

I also request that you vote NO on any measure to increase H-1B visas and permanent green cards for foreign workers that take jobs from skilled American workers and students.

I also request that you vote NO on any attempt to increase H-2B visas for seasonal foreign workers that takes jobs away from America’s most vulnerable (unskilled) workers.

American workers that are lucky enough to retain their jobs after the massive influx of foreign workers have seen their wages severely depressed because of the import of cheaper foreign labor. Is that the kind of America you want, Senator? Also, we currently have 9 exceedingly generous “guest workerâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, zeezil -

I used it. I also put on the end that putting unrelated amendments into bills is UNETHICAL. And that submitting a bill like this right on the tail of our resounding defeat of the "Grand Bargain" is a slap in the face to the American public.

It was so nice not to have to compose a letter since I've worked out of town the last 2 nights and just got back this am.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

It was so nice not to have to compose a letter since I've worked out of town the last 2 nights and just got back this am.
    I'm glad the letter was of use to you, Faye. Sometines, it's good to have a letter that fits your thoughts that you can use or amend to send right out. Thanks for getting the word to the Senatore...no amnesty in any shape, matter or form! It's just unbelievable that we are fighting the amnesty battle once again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JRB
    Zeezil,
    Your a true Patriot and I am standing next to you. Thanks for the letter, I have already called both Senators Offices in Washington DC this morning and talked with staffers. Unfortunatly Senator Wyden is one of them and he has his head so far up (ok I will Stop). He is a definite Yes vote. I told his staffer that he better start looking for new employment because with that yes vote will come his demise as a Senator.
    The other is Senator Smith and his staffer said he didn't know how he was going to vote. I then told him that a NO vote on the Dream Act would be greatly appreciated by a Legal Taxpaying American Citizen.
    I cant believe the lengths these people who are supposed to be representing us will go to slip amnesty through the cracks. I guess I am a little nieve to not believe it. I am definitly wakeing up though.

Thanks for your nice comments, JRB. Welcome to ALIPAC. I used to think that all we had to do was vote for a Senator or Congressman and they would take care of us, the American citizen and our country. We could then go on with our work and lives and not worry. I have since come to find out, that no longer applies in Congress today. These bureaucrats and politicians must be watched closely because many of them are so smitten by special interests and the lobbyists money that they would sell out their mother, much less this country, for a fistfull of dollars. It's traitorous and tragic. Therefore, question everything, and tell these politicans in no uncertain words who they work for...the AMERICAN CITIZEN...period!!!