Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Well, here, this should pick you up. The polls that I saw about a week ago showed how voters are registering.

45% Independents
    27% Republicans
    32% Democrats

People are leaving the main parties in droves.

This is the first time in history that I know of.
    If these results are accurate, this is great news!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW wrote:
    Don't be so quick to shaft the very same people that may save our bacon should the amnesty bill reach the U.S. House. They saved us last time, and I'm hopeful they'll do it again in the end.
    Of course, that was last year, before Bush/Rove threw the election and turned things over to the Democrats.

All bets are off now.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

In my state (NC) I am registered as *Unaffiliated* This is not the same as registering Independent. Being Unaffiliated in NC means I can vote in EITHER the Dem or Rep primary. I am sure you can see the advantages of that. I have thought about registering as a Constitutionalist, but I don't think I have that option in NC, and besides, I couldn't vote in primaries then. This way I can make my voice heard in whichever party it needs to be heard! Just wanted all you NC folks to know you have another option!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Let start callilng and letting these senators know what we think of them!!!!

We must keep up the good fight!!! IT is a fight worth fighting and we cannot give up!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    CountFloyd wrote:

Of course, that was last year, before Bush/Rove threw the election and turned things over to the Democrats.

All bets are off now.
    Why are all bets off? I believe more Democrats will step across the aisle on the issue this year. Of course I could be wrong, but it makes sense to believe the folks in the House are going to be more concerned regarding the demands of their constituents. After all, those in the House have to answer more frequently to their constituents than do those in the Senate. It's the right of those that want to switch to Independent to do so, but it isn't going to change anything in the near future. I think folks should worry about one thing at a time and see how this plays out. What if the Republicans do save us the misery of this nasty amnesty bill? Furthermore, haven't I heard a lot of people on ALIPAC say border security and illegal immigration on their number one issue? Face it, there are only two viable political parties in this country, and I'm certainly not siding with the Democrats!

A lot of people keep talking about switching to Independent, but unfortunately, in my case, I don't see the benefit to do that because my ideology would never allow me to side with a Democrat on other issues. There is a reason for the two parties. Moreover, their overall ideology is different. One last thing, check the voting records of the independents currently in office - they frequently vote with the Democrats. I wonder why that is?

By the way, I believe 24 or 25 of the 35 that voted against cloture were Republicans.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    People criticize me calling those wasted votes but if enough people voted that way, a third party could win.
    The only wasted vote is a vote for the corporate lackeys that infest the one party system. Vote for America not the party, if people would stop wasting their votes we might see real change. People we have to be brave and not let big business pick our elect officials. That means not buying all the lies on TV. Remember PAT! I voted for Pat and I'm proud of it... Anyone who didn't for Pat or another real America wasted their vote!

Everybody who is mad should be taking it out on the Senate right NOW. They want to vote on this bill Thursday, We have to keep the pressure on NOW!! Tell them you are tearing up your registration card and registering Independant ,if this bill passes and you will replace them with an Independant.

Remember the last time this bill came up we lost it the first round and won the second one!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

IndianaJones
    My son said he will give it a try....
    but Mom said he had better clean up after experimenting
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Re: Mass exodus to "Independent"?

Quote Originally Posted by edstate
    If they DO push this *turd* of a bill through... what if we all switched party affiliation to Independent? What that make any difference?

I've heard this idea a lot, and am wondering if it makes any sense.

e
    I re-registered as "Decline To State Political Party". This allows me to contact my County Restrar's Office and request a Democratic or Republican Primary Ballot. Unlike being an Independent, this allows me to vote in the primaries in California. This may not be true in every state, but it is worth checking out!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Most of these Republican Senators who voted for this cloture motion MUST vote against the bill or they will most certainly buy themselves a primary battle come election time next cycle. You can take that to the bank.

An Independant candicacy for these positions will be ripe for the taking in November.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast