Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Cee and Saki, please post results of phone calls on this thread for the next two days as encouragement to others!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 19&start=0

cee

Sen. Cornyn

I have called Senator Cornyn's Office several times today, but could not get through to Washington, but got through the Dallas Number. His reps assure me that he is against any form of amnesty and will vote no on s.1348. I flat told his office everytime I call that if he in anyway promotes this horrible bill, He will lose my vote in the coming election. He is a first time senator, so he isn't comfortable yet. The other texas senator is Sen. Hutchison. She is a lame duck. I have never been able to get one call through to her in the last 2 years. Other members contacted me and told me that they could never get through either. So I think they just don't take the calls. I have reached her by emails on her website. She assures me that she will vote no on s.1328. But she is for an extensive guest worker program, so I don't trust her. Numbers told us last week that so many people call the senate that they shut down their phones for an afternoon. That is pitiful that they didn't want to here from their constituents. Cee

Re: Sen. Cornyn

Quote Originally Posted by cee
    ...The other texas senator is Sen. Hutchison. She is a lame duck. I have never been able to get one call through to her in the last 2 years. Other members contacted me and told me that they could never get through either. So I think they just don't take the calls. I have reached her by emails on her website. .....
    I get through to Hutchison's office most of the time with little trouble.

I got Cornyn's office and I've tried Hutchison's DC office several times today and the line was busy.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was calling various senators offices today between 2:00 and 3:00 Pacific time and I had no problem at all. I even got into Kyl's and Grahams office!? When I was calling this morning I had a hard time getting in anywhere. Both Texas and California senators offices I could not get through.
    Why do you think the lines were so open in the late afternoon?
    Is there a pattern or reason to this?

I thought people would be all reved-up from the virtual meeting.

If you have any thoughts please let me know.

cee

senator phone lines

I was also a fairtax activist and most of us could never get through to Hutchison's office. I am glad ya'll have gotten through. It is scary that the lines were open. I go to her website and email her and she always sends me a mailed reply about immigration issues. She is not for amnesty, but want an extensive guest worker program. She always says that she feels that "I want to be sure that the American Citizen has the right to compete for jobs in the U.S." Why should we have to compete with non-citizens? Cee

cee

cornyn & hutchison's office

I got through to both cornyn and hutchison's office this morning. Hutchison is not a lame duck, she has decided that she will run again in 6 years so our votes might force her to do the right thing. She is straddling the fence. Her reps stated that the senator could not promise a no vote for s.1348 until she sees all the new ammendments that are coming in. She introduced one last night about not letting the illegals get social security for the time that they were illegal. Sounds like she is wimping out. Cornyn's office stated that he will vote not as long as amnesty is in bill. They both want guest worker programs. Here are some numbers below for their offices. I haven't called every single one, but I think they are good.

Cornyn, John TX (R) 972-239-1310 5005 LBJ Freeway Dallas, TX 75244
    202-224-2934 SH - 517 Washington, DC 20510
    713-572-3337 5300 Memorial Drive Houston, TX 77007
    956-423-0162 222 East Van Buren Harlingen, TX 78550
    903-593-0902 100 East Ferguson Street Tyler, TX 75702
    512-469-6034 221 West 6th Street Austin, TX 78701
    210-224-7485 600 Navarro San Antonio, TX 78205
    806-472-7533 3405 22nd St. Lubbock, TX 79410

Hutchison, Kay Bailey TX (R) 202-224-5922 SR-284 Washington, DC 20510
    713-653-3456 1919 Smith Street - Suite 800 Houston, TX 77002
    512-916-5834 Federal Building Austin, TX 78701
    210-340-2885 145 Duncan Drive San Antonio, TX 78226
    325-676-2839 500 Chestnut Street - Suite 1570 Abilene, TX 79602

Cee

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

NumbersUSA's Teleconference ..

Well, the teleconference came and went, we all know what it was about.. not a bad ‘show of force’, if fact very good I might add.. Heck.. I could’ve been eating and working at the same time..!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    I think Roy Beck is too smart and savvy to waste people's time. I'm very intrigued, and think this will be interesting. I expect DC insiders will be observing this teleconference and will carry the 'message' back into the halls.

I encourage everyone to tear yourselves away from those phone calls and sit in.
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567